Awesome - deserves a post of its own. ROSA.

edited November 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,782
Normally I'd stick stuff like this into the Coolest Thing you'll see all day thread. However this blew my mind. Enjoy.

'ROSA is an epic sci-fi short film that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where all natural life has disappeared. From the destruction awakes Rosa, a cyborg deployed from the Kernel project, mankind’s last attempt to restore the earth’s ecosystem. Rosa will soon learn that she is not the only entity that has awakened and must fight for her survival.
The short-film was created entirely by young comic-artist Jesús Orellana with no budget during a single year. Since it's world premiere at the Seattle International Film Festival, ROSA has been an official selection at film festivals around the world such as Screamfest, Toronto After Dark, Anima Mundi or Los Angeles Shorts Film Festival. In October ROSA was screened at the opening night of the Sitges International Film Festival, considered the world's best festival specialized in genre films. Following the succesful festival run, the short film has attracted the attention of the major talent-agencies and Hollywood producers. Currently ROSA is in development to be a live-action motion picture.'

Comments

Manwiththefunnyusername, you are officially the coolest poster of the day.

Even considering he worked on it for one year, that´s quite impressive work! The guy must be quite a nerd, I dare not ask how many times he called in sick at his place of work ;-) .
  • thanks boldfinger old chap - to do this movie over a year without any money is just pure dedication. And now it looks like he's going to make the big version with a big studio. Fair play to him, puts me in my place. I give up too soon.

Anyway glad you enjoyed it.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,977
    This is insane. Just when I thought my animation skills were getting decent, along comes something like this. I'd buy a ticket for the feature length.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    WOW! It was beautiful compelling and so wonderfully made. Forget live action, that right there was brilliant!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I need to see this film. Resembles the best japanimation I've ever seen. Great find!
  • One more for the deserves a post for itself. Just awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UrqELim_SJg#!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    One more for the deserves a post for itself. Just awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UrqELim_SJg#!

Why do you keep linking this same Tekken video in multiple threads??