Teri Hatcher Denies That She's 'Broke, Homeless and Living Out' of Her Van: 'It's Totally Absurd'

2»

Comments

LeChiffre wrote: »
    One of the most wooden performances I can remember in a Bond film.

Agreed...absolutely woeful.
    Teri Hatcher seems like a nice person but she was terrible as Paris Carver. Granted the character was barely written but still. She was good looking, that's about it.
    She is not a good actress at all to me,and im not convinced she is a nice person,seeing the comments other actors etc have made.

But who knows...acting-wise though not good at all.
    She is a decent actress did a good job in two series and her delivery in TND was acceptable she was after all the secondary Bond dame and died as she was supposed to do.
    I am as always amazed about people complaining about acting in 007 movies, it is not that difficult a job, most of the women parts are quite one dimensional, even Meryl Streep would struggle. ;)
    The issue is her character : she should've had more screen time and not be the secondary Bond girl. And given that she almost got Bond fall in love, she should have been a Tracy or Vesper. Instead we have a vapid trophy wife.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    The issue is her character : she should've had more screen time and not be the secondary Bond girl. And given that she almost got Bond fall in love, she should have been a Tracy or Vesper. Instead we have a vapid trophy wife.

Blame the scriptwriter or the director, the actress probably would not mind a more substantial role. I think Diana Rigg did get the best part in one of the 007 best movies. Even Maud Adams got in OP a better written role than most actresses. Sophie Marceau easily had one of the meatier roles in the Brosnan years.
    SaintMark wrote: »

Blame the scriptwriter or the director, the actress probably would not mind a more substantial role. I think Diana Rigg did get the best part in one of the 007 best movies. Even Maud Adams got in OP a better written role than most actresses. Sophie Marceau easily had one of the meatier roles in the Brosnan years.

Oh the main issue is the script. But it doesn't help that she was played by the flavour of the month at the time.

Oh the main issue is the script. But it doesn't help that she was played by the flavour of the month at the time.

I always thought that it was Either Hatcher or Monica Bellucci for the part, I would have preferred the Italian actress any day, but she got her way too little part in SP.

I always thought that it was Either Hatcher or Monica Bellucci for the part, I would have preferred the Italian actress any day, but she got her way too little part in SP.

Monica Belluci's mere presence would have lifted the character at least to a degree. Both roles were too short but Belluci can make the best of what she has. And with such exotic beauty and charisma I could at least understand why Bond would almost fall for her if nothing else.

Monica Belluci's mere presence would have lifted the character at least to a degree. Both roles were too short but Belluci can make the best of what she has. And with such exotic beauty and charisma I could at least understand why Bond would almost fall for her if nothing else.

There we fully agree.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,949
    I didn't love Hatcher, but Brosnan did have chemistry with her, unlike Yeoh.

No chemistry between the leads just kills the film. Also see SP.
    Chemistry to bed her? Sure. To get under Bond's skin. Not really. That's the issue. And I think there's more chemistry in SP than in most of Brosnan movies between Bond and the Bond girls. After GE I don't think Brosnan truly had great ones with his Bond girls.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Brosnan had no chemistry wz Hatcher and u can see it on screen x Belluci , who Pierce thought was best and campaigned for her, would have been awesome n not wasted in SP as an afterthought for the fans .
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur

The Paris character was definitely underwritten in the film as it stands. She essentially turns out to be the Plenty O'Toole/Corinne Dufour for the Brosnan era. I'm guessing they were trying to make her character a little more substantial than the standard secondary "sacrificial lamb" girl but if she really was a Tracy/Vesper type major love interest for Brosnan's Bond then they should've either made Mrs. Carver the main Bond girl in TND or put her character in another film where she could've been the primary leading lady.

That stated, I'm glad that both Teri and eventually Monica got to be Bond girls even though their roles were brief. Or maybe I just like the idea of Remington Steele and Lois Lane sharing a secret past together.

Anyway, the following clip convinced me that Teri was predestined to be a Bond girl:

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,949
    Different strokes, I suppose, but I thought Brosnan had chemistry with all of the women of his era, except for Yeoh and maybe Berry. (So maybe there is something to the "Bond's equal" casting that doesn't totally work, after all...) Brosnan, and his Bond, come across as a likeable fellow in all his films.

Craig mostly has chemistry across his films, except for Seydoux. It's the writing, and perhaps her age.

Connery as well, and even Lazenby, work with their respective love interests. Even in YOLT, although you can sense Wakabayashi and Dor working overtime there for it...

Moore is the one whose chemistry with the leads varies the most.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 4,622

The Paris character was definitely underwritten in the film as it stands. She essentially turns out to be the Plenty O'Toole/Corinne Dufour for the Brosnan era. I'm guessing they were trying to make her character a little more substantial than the standard secondary "sacrificial lamb" girl but if she really was a Tracy/Vesper type major love interest for Brosnan's Bond then they should've either made Mrs. Carver the main Bond girl in TND or put her character in another film where she could've been the primary leading lady.

That stated, I'm glad that both Teri and eventually Monica got to be Bond girls even though their roles were brief. Or maybe I just like the idea of Remington Steele and Lois Lane sharing a secret past together.

Anyway, the following clip convinced me that Teri was predestined to be a Bond girl:

Yes I found Hatcher to be quite adequate in TND. I found her more interesting than the action-girl lead whose acting was a little flat, but who did have the fighting down at least.
    Hatcher was sexy sultry with decent emotional range. I also like her silky voice, much like Lois Chiles pleasing tones.
    All told, a very adequate secondary Bond Girl
    Note I am not raving here, but still quite satisfied.

I will save raving for Maud Adams in TMWTGG, Luciana Paluzzi in TB, Shirley Eaton in GF.
    Honorable mention Lana Wood in DAF, Denise Richards in TWINE (yes I like Christmas Jones. Sue me. "Do you want a glimmer too?" Great line. One of my favourites.)
    And Rosamund Pike in DAD. "Put your back into it" Another great line, but from Bond of course.

• edited July 2018 Posts: 17,267
    echo wrote: »
    Moore is the one whose chemistry with the leads varies the most.

Really? I would say the opposite (tied with Connery)!