On This Day

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    December 23rd

1970: Anatole Taubman is born--Zurich, Switzerland.
    2013: Ian Fleming Publications unveils its new logo.
    Ian Fleming Publications unveils new logo
    https://thejamesbonddossier.com/news/ian-fleming-publications-unveils-new-logo.htm
    December 23, 2013 by David Leigh

Ian Fleming Publications last week unveiled a smart new logo comprising of the signatureian-fleming-publications-logo of James Bond’s creator and a “Doctor Bird”, Jamaica’s national bird.

There are numerous links to the bird, also known as the Streamer-tailed Humming Bird; all the Bond books were written at Goldeneye in Jamaica; 007 was named after the ornithologist who wrote A Field Guide to Birds of the West Indies; and the Doctor Bird was mentioned by Fleming in the books.
    ian-fleming-publications-logo.jpg
    December 24th

1931: Jill Bennett is born--Penang, Malaysia. (She passes 4 October 1990--Kensington, London, England.)
    1971: Daily Press Starfire comic finishes its run (30 August start). Illustrator Yaroslav Horak, writer Jim Lawrence.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 13,014
    December 25th

1964: Goldfinger US premiere--Hollywood, CA.
    (That's after the New York City premiere, and before the 9 January US general release,)
    2001: Russia DVD premiere for From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice.
    2015: Radiohead releases their unused Bond theme for Spectre.
    Radiohead's James Bond Theme Song 'Spectre' Released - Listen Now!
    http://www.justjared.com/2015/12/25/radiohead-spectre-james-song-theme-song/
    Fri, 25 December 2015 at 12:45 pm

Radiohead just released a new song!

“Last year we were asked to write a theme tune for the [James] Bond movie Spectre,” Radiohead singer Thom Yorke wrote on his Twitter. “Yes we were. It didn’t work out, but became something of our own, which we love very much. As the year closes we thought you might like to hear it. Merry Christmas.”

He even ended his note with a reference to Star Wars, which is currently dominating the box office. Thom capped off his tweets with: “May the force be with you.”

Listen to Radiohead‘s “Spectre” below!

FYI: Sam Smith ended up recording the official Spectre theme song called “Writing’s on the Wall“.

Today Only: The Cubby Broccoli Cinema at the National Science and Media Museum, Bradford, England, is closed for the Christmas Holiday.
    CUBBY BROCCOLI CINEMA
    https://www.scienceandmediamuseum.org.uk/cinema/cubby-broccoli
    Picturehouse-at-bradford-logo_3.jpg
    cubby-broccoli-hero.jpg?h=b179e7bc&itok=dsjKNyVA

Savour the intimate ambience of the 106-seat Cubby Broccoli cinema—home to a truly diverse film programme. Enjoy world cinema, classic films, and independent and arthouse delights.

Browse the full list of films showing now and coming soon at the National Science and Media Museum in Bradford.

About the cinema

Dedicated to Albert “Cubby” Broccoli, producer of many James Bond films, this cinema shows movies from around the world projected in formats from 16mm to digital 3D—all in the heart of Bradford, UNSECO [sic] City of Film. [Correction: UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.] It’s played host to everything from silent films with live piano accompaniment to a Super High Vision broadcast from the 2012 Olympics.

Twin 35mm projectors allow the screening of archive film prints, shown using traditional reel change-overs via alternate projectors.
    In 2012, Cubby Broccoli screened a broadcast from the 2012 London Olympics in Super High Vision—one of only three venues in the UK to do so.
    Guests interviewed here have included Tim Peake, Olivier Assayas and Jenny Agutter.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    "UNSECO" City? Really?
    Hah! I'll recognize/correct the typo, @j_w_pepper.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I figured you copied & pasted the text from their website...and wondered how come a scientifically-oriented place is unable to avoid typos. I find it irritating when a place like that does it, since exactitude is what science should be all about. I don't mean to correct you or anyone else on this board unless it gets extreme...or funny :-).
    Of course I had the same thought, @j_w_pepper. Comic relief, but it's amazing at times what can make the final cut. Adjustments like these in the spirit you approached it are always welcome.
    December 26th

1943: Ian Fleming's mistress--society hostess Maud Russell--records in her diary details of war planning, influenza.
    The Telegraph
    telegraph.co.uk/women/life/spies-affairs-james-bond-secret-diary-ian-flemings-wartime-mistress/
    Spies, affairs and James Bond... The secret diary of Ian Fleming's wartime mistress

17 March 2017 • 9:00am
    New_33A_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-1IirZjSqFVIx5mAd-Y3TI-K5yvoyD66VwYRQ3Ea8jo.jpg?imwidth=1400
    Maud Russell, a fashionable society hostess who met Fleming in 1931 when he was just 23
    Credit: Cecil Beaton courtesy of Emily Russell

Long before he created James Bond, a young Ian Fleming had a remarkably close – and secretive – relationship with an older woman, Maud Russell, a fashionable society hostess.

They met in 1931 when Russell was 40 and Fleming just 23. There was a strong mutual attraction, and Fleming quickly became a regular guest at Mottisfont, Russell’s 2,000-acre estate in Hampshire, and at the glamorous parties she threw in her Knightsbridge home, attended by Cecil Beaton, Lady Diana Cooper, Clementine Churchill, Margot Asquith and members of the Bloomsbury Group.

To Fleming, Russell was a sophisticated and impeccably connected mentor who found him first a job in banking, introduced him to members of the Intelligence Corps and, later, paid for his Jamaican retreat, Goldeneye, where his 007 novels were written. To Russell, Fleming (named ‘I.’ in her diaries) was the dashing, charismatic young spy who became her close friend, her confidante – and her lover.

New_34_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqP4pV-m6laGcMQMbuKYgJGb5kiDU0I_cRgde0TIiACQo.jpg?imwidth=1240
    Ian Fleming in his Naval Uniform during the war Credit: Courtesy of Emily Russell/A Constant Heart

These entries from Russell’s private diary take place towards the end of the Second World War, when Fleming worked in naval intelligence and Russell, then 52, was recently widowed; it was a time when, despite the food shortages and air raids, the tide of the war was gradually turning in the Allies’ favour – and, despite his other liaisons, the couple spoke of marriage.

[See the link above for inclusive dates Wednesday 30 June 1943 thru Monday 30 July 1945.]
    Sunday 26 December , 1943

Ian came to dinner, back from the Cairo conference [a meeting of the British, US and Chinese leaders on Asia Pacific strategy]. The surroundings were like an armed camp, soldiers, guns, anti-aircraft guns etc. guarding the precious delegates – the PM, President and Chiang.

When Ian was taken ill with influenza, he sank back exhausted in bed and lay blissfully resting, looking through the window at the blue sky and eating delicious food. He was very struck by the desert, sand and camels.

Russell and Fleming remained close until his marriage to Ann Charteris in 1952. In 1946 she gave him £5,000 to buy Goldeneye in Jamaica. She had a long-term affair with Boris Anrep but never remarried. In 1957, she donated Mottisfont to the National Trust and died in London in 1982, aged 91. Her ashes were placed in the same urn as Gilbert’s.

A Constant Heart: The War Diaries of Maud Russell, edited by Emily Russell, is published by The Dovecote Press (£20). To order your copy for £16.99 plus p&p call 0844 871 1514 or visit books.telegraph.co.uk
    1947: Trina Parks is born--Brooklyn, NY.
    2011: Pedro Armendáriz Jr. passes at age 71--New York City, NY.
    (Born 6 April 1940 in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico.)
    2017: London Film Museum and the Bond in Motion exhibit remains closed for the holiday.
    To reopen Wednesday 27 December.
    bond-in-motion-detail.jpg
    London Film Museum: Bond in Motion
    https://senior-railcard.co.uk/travel-inspiration/days-out/london-film-museum-bond-in-motion/

Bond in Motion is the largest official collection of original James Bond vehicles. It displays both the adrenalin-pumping high performance machinery and the unique 007 defining inventions that are essential to the continuing James Bond story. The exhibition features vehicles from Dr No right up to Spectre.

Admission: £14.50
    Opening times:

OFFER TIMES:
    Daily 10.00-18.00 Last admission 17.00
    Saturday 10.00-19.00 Last admission 18.00

Closed 25 - 26 December.

Opening times may vary. Please check website for details.

Phone number: 0207 836 4913
    December 27th

1960: Maryam d'Abo is born--London, England.
    1981: Hoagland "Hoagy" Carmichael dies at age 82--Rancho Mirage, CA.
    (Born 22 November 1899--Bloomington, Indiana.) American composer, pianist, singer, actor.
    2017: Dynamite Bond comic Kill Chain available for purchase.
    James Bond: Kill Chain #6 (Preview)
    https://www.cbr.com/james-bond-kill-chain-6/
    12.25.2017 -
    by CBR Staff in Comic Previews Comment
    BondKillChain06-06011-A-Smallwood.jpg?q=35&w=279&h=430&fit=crop
    Story by Andy Diggle
    Art by Luca Casalanguida
    Cover by Greg Smallwood
    Publisher Dynamite Entertainment

SMERSH has activated Operation Hooded Falcon, bringing Europe to its knees and NATO to the brink of collapse. A key ally is about to fall into Russia’s grasp, re-drawing the geopolitical map and setting a new foundation for the coming century. But one man can make a difference. You know his name.

JBKillChain-006-1.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=1327&fit=crop
    JBKillChain-006-2.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=1327&fit=crop
    JBKillChain-006-3.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=1327&fit=crop
    JBKillChain-006-4.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=1327&fit=crop
    JBKillChain-006-5.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=1327&fit=crop
    BondKillChain06-06011-A-Smallwood.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=1296&fit=crop
    December 28th

1956: Fleming writes a letter to Wren Howard questioning his own "enthusiasm for Bond and his unlikely adventures."
    The Man With the Golden Typewriter, Thomas Fleming, 2015.
    https://books.google.com/books?id=b0-8CgAAQBAJ&pg=PA126&lpg=PA126&dq=%22ian+fleming%22+%2228+december%22&source=bl&ots=lJJfzXUewL&sig=ifxwaI5K8301deJizQ7JlR9YjfQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ3pii0KvYAhWNk-AKHf6YB1Q4ChDoAQgrMAE#v=onepage&q=%22ian%20fleming%22%20%2228%20december%22&f=false
    TO WREN HOWARD

Fleming had written on 28 December 1956 to clarify the terms of a serialization in the Daily Express, to thank Daniel George fulsomely for his comments—‘I think the book has been greatly improved as a result’—and to assure Howard that he had no intention of changing publisher. But he cast a warning note: ‘Incidentally, when you talk airily of future books, I do beg you to believe that the vein of my inventiveness is running extremely dry and I seriously doubt if I shall be able to complete a book in Jamaica this year. There are many reasons for this, which I need not go into, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to work up enthusiasm for Bond and his unlikely adventures.’
    1971: Comic strip Trouble Spot begins its run in the Daily Express that ends 10 June 1972.
    Artist Yaroslav Horak. Writer Jim Lawrence.
    A water pistol?
    TS1-2.jpg
    2016: Dynamite's James Bond #12 Eidolon Chapter 6 is released--in print and digital.
    Artist Jason Masters. Writer Warren Ellis.
    The explosive conclusion to the second JAMES BOND 007 story - Eidolon are in the open, British Intelligence is cracked and in disarray, friends are dead and enemies seem unstoppable - can James Bond intercept the most direct strike of all, from the dead hand of SPECTRE to the heart of British government?
    https://www.comixology.com/James-Bond-12/digital-comic/438054
    51nDZ%2BdEN9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    JamesBond-Ellis-012-Int-1-600x922.jpg
    eidolon-belts.jpg
    December 29th

1965: Thunderball is released in the UK--premiere at the London Pavilion Cinema. And Greece!
    1991: Cassandra Harris dies at age 43--Los Angeles, CA.
    (Born 15 December 1948--Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.)
    December 30th

1865: Joseph Rudyard Kipling is born--Bombay, Bombay Presidency, British India.
    (Dies 18 January 1936 at age 70--Middlesex Hospital, London, England.)
    The Day's Work, by Rudyard Kipling Ian Flemings 007 prefix ?
    http://www.007museum.com/rudyard_kipling.htm
    the_days_work.png

Fleming had picked up number 007 from the title of a novel by the famous British writer and Nobel laureate Rudyard Kipling (best known for "The Jungle Book"). Kipling wrote a short story that actually was called ".007", which is about a steam engine and is part of his collection of short stories The Days Framework, published in 1898. The steam engine is in the short story number 007, the short story has nothing whatsoever with agents or so to do.

The Day's Work, by Rudyard Kipling

A locomotive is, next to a marine engine, the most sensitive thing man ever made; and No. .007, besides being sensitive, was new. The red paint was hardly dry on his spotless bumper-bar, his headlight shone like a fireman’s helmet, and his cab might have been a hard-wood-finish parlour. They had run him into the round-house after his trial—he had said good-bye to his best friend in the shops, the overhead travelling-crane—the big world was just outside; and the other locos were taking stock of him. He looked at the semicircle of bold, unwinking headlights, heard the low purr and mutter of the steam mounting in the gauges—scornful hisses of contempt as a slack valve lifted a little—and would have given a month’s oil for leave to crawl through his own driving-wheels into the brick ash-pit beneath him. .007 was an eight-wheeled “American” loco, slightly different from others of his type, and as he stood he was worth ten thousand dollars on the Company’s books. But if you had bought him at his own valuation, after half an hour’s waiting in the darkish, echoing round-house, you would have saved exactly nine thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine dollars and ninety-eight cents...

Complete story linked here.
    https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2569/2569-h/2569-h.htm#link2H_4_0009
    1920: Jack Lord is born--New York City, NY. (He dies 21 January 1998--Honolulu, Hawaii.)
    1971: Diamonds Are Forever released in the UK.
    2016: Glu Mobile shuts down the James Bond: World of Espionage servers. Game over.
    December 31st

1945: Barbara Carrera is born--Bluefields, Nicaragua.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    January 1st

2015: James Bond becomes public domain in Canada. The books, not the films.

Rumor has it Justin Bieber is being viewed as a possible 007 in the near future. In Canada only, naturally.

and a look into the future:

2049: On that day James Bond will latest be public domain everywhere.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 13,014
    1925: Zena Marshall born--Nairobi, Kenya. (Died 10 July 2009 at age 84--London, England.)
    1961: Ian Fleming returns to his Goldeneye Estate and begins writing the ninth Bond novel. In failing health, he uses a screenplay from a 1958 project as its basis.
    1968: Dr. No re-release in the UK.
    1977: Dr. No re-release in the UK.
    January 2nd

2008: George MacDonald Fraser dies age 82--Strang, Isle of Man, UK.
    (Born 2 April 1925--Carlisle, Cumberland, England.)
    2008: Filming starts for Quantum of Solace.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 13,014
    January 3rd

1922: Dana Wilson (originally Dana Natol; the future Mrs. Broccoli) is born--New York City, NY.
    (Dies 29 February 2004 at age 82--Los Angeles, CA.)
    1926: George Martin is born--Holloway, London. (Dies 8 March 2016 at age 90--Colesshill, Oxfordshire, England.
    1988: Joie Chitwood dies at age 75--Tampa, FL. (Born 14 April 1912--Denison, TX.)
    2003: "Two Koreas Blast New James Bond Film", so reports The Associated Press and multiple news outlets.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    2003: "Two Koreas Blast New James Bond Film", so reports The Associated Press and multiple news outlets report.

The Koreans have taste.
    January 4th

1900: Ornithologist James Bond is born--Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
    (Dies 14 February 1989--Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.)
    1962: Michael France is born--St. Petersburg, Florida.
    (Dies 12 April 2013 at age 51--St. Pete Beach, Florida.)
    1990: John Cleese spoofs James Bond in a Schweppes soft drinks commercial.
    1991: Richard Maibaum dies, age 81--Santa Monica, California. (Born 26 May 1909--New York City, New York.)
    2013: Activision and Steam's online stores quietly remove online copies and pages for Quantum of Solace, Blood Stone, 007 Legends.
    January 5th

1945: Roger Spottiswoode is born--Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
    2010: Reports say Sam Mendes is connected with Bond 23. (MGM at the time denies he's signed as director. EON later confirms he was hired as a consultant until MGM worked out its financial issues.)
    edited September 2018 Posts: 13,014
    January 6th

1955: Rowan Atkinson is born--Consett, County Durham, England.
    2016: Dynamite's Vargr #3 comic is published.
    Bond003-page-0011.jpeg
    JamesBond03CovBIncen10Hardm.jpg
    VARGR-3-image-3.jpg
    2018: Daniel Craig announces he'll purchase the Brooklyn NY home of Martin Amis.
    James Bond is about to be a Brooklynite
    https://pagesix.com/2018/01/06/james-bond-is-about-to-be-a-brooklynite/
    By Oli Coleman and Emily Smith
    January 6, 2018 | 4:59pm

James Bond is Brooklyn bound.
    gettyimages-832234278.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1
    Sources in the borough are buzzing that Bond star Daniel Craig is the mystery buyer of a Brooklyn brownstone sold by author Martin Amis and his wife, Isabel Fonseca, for $6.75 million. The home burned in a fire on New Year’s Eve a year ago, and Amis and his family have reportedly decamped to a Downtown Brooklyn high-rise.

The 1901 Cobble Hill home was bought through an LLC called On the Rows last year, according to property records. Reps for Craig and his wife, Rachel Weisz, did not respond to repeated requests for comment. A broker for the property declined to comment on Friday.

Craig and Weisz reportedly lived previously in an $11.5 million Soho penthouse purchased in 2012 after Craig sold a Tribeca pad. They’d be just the latest celebs to call booming Brooklyn home, following stars such as Michelle Williams, Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde, Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys, and John Krasinksi and Emily Blunt (who are reportedly selling their $8 million Park Slope home).

Amis and Fonseca bought the home for $2.5 million, in 2010. But last year, a faulty chimney led to an accidental blaze that ignited the roof. A Corcoran listing for the 6,600-square-foot property explained it was being “offered as a clean, blank slate and ready for a purchaser to finish to their specifications. This home has just received a brand new roof and extensive repair after damage from a fire that was contained to the top floor and is ready for a contractor to begin the finishing work . . . Wall studs are intact, and most mechanical systems are in good working order (including radiant heat in two of the bathrooms and the garden level).”

Amis reportedly said the fire was like “the last kick in the arse of 2016.”

Amis’ famous father, Kingsley Amis, published a 1968 Bond novel, Colonel Sun — under the pseudonym Robert Markham — after the death of Ian Fleming. He also wrote a book called The James Bond Dossier, analyzing Fleming’s novels.
    January 7th

1966: Sean Connery on the cover of Life magazine.
    5A3A33F8D.jpg
    1976: Producer Kevin McClory announces in Variety his planned film James Bond of the Secret Service, to begin filming in the Bahamas with the involvement of Len Deighton and Sean Connery.
    tumblr_ny6nej3Hia1tgh17uo4_500.jpg
    1985: Pinewood's Albert R. Broccoli 007 Stage re-opens, rebuilt after a July 1984 fire. A huge Peter Lamont set of Zorin's mine interior is already constructed.
    July 1984.
    _41946300_pinewood1416pa.jpg
    January 1985.
    1200px-007_Stage.JPG
    007stage7_sign.jpg
    2012: Shooting resumes for Skyfall with the funeral scene following the explosion at MI6 Headquarters. Old Royal Navy College in Greenwich, Michael G. Wilson on hand.
    2015: Spectre cast members Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux, Dave Bautista pose on Gaislachkogl's peak, Sölden, Austria prior to filming there.
    c8ff09dc2a9d4d9819b8348146dc6270.jpg
    jpeg
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Thanks for keeping this thread going RichardTheBruce I have been way too busy.
    Thanks for accepting the contributions in that spirit, @SirHilaryBray.
    January 8th

1966: Henry Francis Gammidge's last of 11 Bond stories finishes in the Daily Express. Mike McClusky, illustrator.
    jamesbong-sample.jpg
    YouOnlyLiveTwice-Ninja_21.jpg
    1992: Anthony Dawson dies at age 75--Sussex, England. (Born 18 October 1916--Edinburgh, Scotland.)
    2008: Norvic FDC (First Day Cover) issues James Bond commemorative stamps for the Fleming Centenary.
    080108ms-fdc.jpg
    January 9th

1972: the RMS Queen Elizabeth catches fire and sinks in Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong.
    Which in turn ends plans to use it as "the Floating College".
    2012: Producers announce Thomas Newman to score Skyfall.
    Wikipedia entry, Skyfall:
    Development

Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli announced on 9 January 2012 that Thomas Newman, frequent collaborator of Skyfall director Sam Mendes, would score Skyfall.[1] On describing how the job became his, Newman said, "I very shyly gave [Mendes] a call or emailed him and said, just so you know, I’d be overjoyed to do it, but would never want to be presumptuous. He emailed me back, saying I was just about to call you, let’s meet for lunch!"[2] Newman took over musical duties for the film from David Arnold who was busy directing the musical aspects of the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic closing ceremonies. However, Arnold later commented that the reason behind the selection of Newman had been because of his past work with Mendes.[3] Newman's collaborator J. A. C. Redford did the orchestration.[4]

On 6 October 2012, the album's track list was revealed featuring the running times of each track.[5] The first preview of the score was released a few days later on 9 October 2012,[6] while the soundtrack itself was released less than a month later by Sony Classical.[7] This was the second time the label had released a Bond soundtrack, with the first being the Casino Royale soundtrack album.

Unlike most other Bond soundtracks, the soundtrack album to Skyfall does not contain the title song performed by Adele. This marks only the second time that this has happened, the first being the Casino Royale soundtrack album. Despite this, at the producer's insistence Newman added an interpolation of "Skyfall" in the track "Komodo Dragon", used in a scene where Bond enters a casino in Macau.[8][9]

The CD booklet mentions that the score contains interpolations of the "James Bond Theme", written by Monty Norman. Arnold's arrangement of the "James Bond Theme" (which appears on the Casino Royale soundtrack as "The Name's Bond…James Bond") plays over Skyfall's end titles (which begin with the film's gun barrel sequence); however, the track does not appear on the soundtrack album. Newman's arrangement of the theme plays over the reveal of Bond's Aston Martin and his escape with M to Scotland; the track appears on the album as "Breadcrumbs."
    edited September 2018 Posts: 13,014
    January 10th

1908: Bernard Lee is born--London, England. (Dies at age 73--Hampstead, London, England.)
    1966: The Man with the Golden Gun comic strip begins its run in the Daily Express, from writer Jim Lawrence and artist Yaroslav Horak. They go on to adapt five more Fleming titles, plus Colonel Sun and 20 original Bond adventures.
    xtmwtgg.jpg.pagespeed.ic.P6qAJAaYsT.jpg
    1169.gif&height=600&width=800
    Horak_Bond.jpg
    horak_gg_197.jpg
    2013: The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announces Skyfall has 5 Oscar nominations, includes Best Song.
    January 11th

2000: A second soundtrack album for Tomorrow Never Dies is released. (The original soundtrack release occurred before the actual score of the film was completed.) Chapter III Records removed the theme songs, Moby's Bond theme remake, "Station Break". Added: new music tracks plus an interview with composer David Arnold.
    2002: Die Another Day begins filming at Pinewood Studios.
    2012 – MGM and EON Productions officially announce Bond 23 release date as 9 November 2012. Sam Mendes directing. John Logan assisting with the script.
    January 12th

1937: Shirley Eaton is born--Edgware, Middlesex, England.
    1996: GoldenEye released in Greece and Italy.
    2011: Ian Fleming International Airport (formerly Boscobel Aerodrome) in Jamaica, a $300 million renovation, is officially re-opened by Prime Minister Bruce Golding plus Ian Lucy Fleming, Fleming's niece. And a 10 minute drive from Golden Eye (sic) Resort.
    2011_0120_cp_ianflemingsairport_600x300.jpg
    boscobel%20003.jpg
    IanFlemingAirport20160916C.jpg?itok=CjtGq6G7
    January 12th

2018 : I sat at my desk not being arsed to do any work,and contemplating eating my sausage sandwich I made for lunch.