Your personal encounters with Bond film props?

stagstag In the thick of it!
in Bond Movies Posts: 1,053
Seeing as there are so any dedicated 007 fans here, I was wondering if anyone would like to share any anecdotes or simply describe what screen used items they have seen/handled?

Just to kick things off my own close encounters of the Bond kind:

I sat in Wet Nellie when the car was doing a publicity tour for TSWLM

I watched Little Nellie do her thing at an airshow in the 1970s

I've seen most of the 007 fireams and gadgets during a special display of 007 weaponry at the Royal Armouries.

A tad oblique I know but I used to know a bloke who worked as a butler. The lady for whom he worked owned the yacht onto which TD parachutes during the PTS of TLD.

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I watched Little Nellie do her thing at an airshow in the 1970s

Oh, lucky - I saw her at Middle Wallop in the '90s, but she was only on static display then.
    I am lucky enough prop wise to own the following.

Green prop barrel from caviar factory in TWINE. Minor fun prop.

Sean Bean's Browning stunt gun from Goldeneye.

Goldie's Stunt Sub machine gun from TWINE.

The guns in particular are great conversation pieces.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Wow that's impressive Rogue,any chance photos ?!

barryt007 wrote: »

I will do once the extension is built Barry, it's all in storage at present. But as soon as I can I will do buddy.

I will do once the extension is built Barry, it's all in storage at present. But as soon as I can I will do buddy.

Aaah of course I forgot about the extension..howz it going ?

Not bad, we have had 3 separate builders come out, awaiting the quotes? Hopefully they will land either this week or early next week. But I am calling the Architect on Tuesday if I have not heard anything by then? The plan is that the groundwork gets done this year before the bad weather sets in, then the actual building work in the spring of next year.

Not bad, we have had 3 separate builders come out, awaiting the quotes? Hopefully they will land either this week or early next week. But I am calling the Architect on Tuesday if I have not heard anything by then? The plan is that the groundwork gets done this year before the bad weather sets in, then the actual building work in the spring of next year.

Great stuff !!

Great stuff !!

It's been a long wait pal. Be glad to finally get under way with an official build date.

Great stuff !!

It's been a long wait pal. Be glad to finally get under way with an official build date.

I bet...you must be dying to get started !

Great stuff !!

Like you wouldn't believe. Will be almost four and a half years since I have been able to have my collection on display due to moving into our home and getting it how we would like. The kids already know that it will have a lockable door due to the expensive items that will be in there!

I was thinking finger print scanner or retinal scan? Lol!

Great stuff !!

Like you wouldn't believe. Will be almost four and a half years since I have been able to have my collection on display due to moving into our home and getting it how we would like. The kids already know that it will have a lockable door due to the expensive items that will be in there!

I was thinking finger print scanner or retinal scan? Lol!

Choose both !!

But what a great project and hobby its going to be ,a real aim/goal ...i'm excited to see the progress !
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2017 Posts: 17,779
    I helped dig the DAF Moon Buggy out of a ditch. ;)

Dragonpol wrote: »
    I helped dig the DAF Moon Buggy out of a ditch.

Really ..??
    Tell us more !

Really ..??
    Tell us more !

No, I lied. I added a wink-face as an afterthought. Just my little joke as I know it was found abandoned in a field somewhere in England in the 1990s.

Really ..??
    Tell us more !

No, I lied. I added a wink-face as an afterthought. Just my little joke as I know it was found abandoned in a field somewhere in England in the 1990s.

Bugger..i replied before the winking smiley....you fiend !! ;)

edited September 2017 Posts: 17,779

Really ..??
    Tell us more !

I didn't want to mislead too much as that's not in my nature. I just couldn't resist it.

Good idea for a thread though and some impressive encounters so far!

Really ..??
    Tell us more !

I didn't want to mislead too much as that's not in my nature. I just couldn't resist it.

Good idea for a thread though and some impressive encounters so far!

Lol! I am glad I read the other posts as I was about to say the same Barry. Lol! It certainly will be a great project whilst we all wait for some official Bond 25 news!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    stag wrote: »
    I sat in Wet Nellie when the car was doing a publicity tour for TSWLM

@stag I'm curious, was it the wet-sub used for the dive scenes, or the actual car used during the chase sequence that you got to sit in?
    Let's see. A long time ago I was at Brands Hatch for some event or other and there was a display of Bond props. Desmond Llewelyn was also there, apparently, although I didn't see him around. Anyway, on show were the TLD Aston, complete with extended outriggers etc - whether it was a genuine film car or just for show I've no idea - the FRWL briefcase (in very shabby condition) the piton gun and hand trap from DAF and maybe one or two other items that slip my mind. The hand trap was a bit of a mystery to me at that stage as I'd only ever seen the ITV broadcasts of DAF and that scene was always censored...
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    @BMW_with_missiles it was the road car. I just always called it Wet Nellie, I guess technically it's not. It was used in the film though. It was only on show, roped off and no punters were allowed to sit in it but I was at the event via work so managed to bag myself a sit in it before the exhibition hall doors opened.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    @BMW_with_missiles it was the road car. I just always called it Wet Nellie, I guess technically it's not. It was used in the film though. It was only on show, roped off and no punters were allowed to sit in it but I was at the event via work so managed to bag myself a sit in it before the exhibition hall doors opened.

Ahh, interesting. Lucky you!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I couldn't resist giving the TLD cello case a quick fondle when it was on display at the Barbican a few years ago. When I saw it at Bond In Motion more recently I noticed they'd put it safely out of reach at the back :)

A few weeks ago I went to a talk and signing by Mike Ripley, author of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. He was wearing a tie which had been given to him by Pierce Brosnan and may have been worn during the filming of either GE or TND, but might have been an unused spare. While I was getting my book signed, I was permitted to stroke it lightly (yes, and the tie, ha ha).

Most recent encounter was this very week, with a few Bond props on display at the London IMAX cinema before they were sold off at auction (http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/prop-store-entertainment-memorabilia-auction-results-james-bond-items). I rather coveted the TND stunt phone, which ended up selling for £14,640.

Ahh, interesting. Lucky you!

Yeah lucky you indeed. That is certainly a moment to treasure. Years ago a neighbour of one of my closest friends bought a Lotus Esprit and it was white. I almost died as he was kind enough to take me for a spin in it. What an absolute pleasure that was. I will certainly never forget it.
    The closest I came to a few Bond props were at various exhibitions. First, in the 90s at the "Mondial de l'Automobile" in Paris, where they had an exhibit of cars featured in all Bond movies from DN to GE (how they got so many Aston Martin DB 5s I'll never know), which included also Little Nellie. Then, Bond in Motion in London in 2015 (one of the many reasons I rmember that trip with fondness). And then, Bond by Design in paris in 2016 (fantastic memories there too).