Scarlett Johansson as the next bond girl

Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
in Actors Posts: 464
I've always thought scarlett johansson would be ideal as a bond girl because of her beauty and charisma on screen and she has proven to be a great action star with her black widow role in the marvel cinematic universe, I would love to see her star alongside daniel craig in his swansong as bond who supports this idea?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    They could do worse.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Nothing wrong with her, but I'd prefer someone a little less well known personally. I've always been most impressed by those Bond 'girls' who I didn't know much about prior to their involvement in the series.
  • We've had successful known Bond girls and successful unknown Bond girls. Doesn't matter to me so long as she suits the character and the film. As @Thunderpussy says, they could do much worse than ScarJo.
    I love her. One of my favorite modern female film stars. But I agree with @bondjames -- the unknowns are always more interesting and tend to work out better.
    She is fantastic in my book but too big a star IMHO,. She has proven that she can hold a whole movie herself rather than a supporting role.

Having said that ..double O five?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    She has also already worked with a Bond actor. Sir Sean in " Just Cause " ;-)
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    She has also already worked with a Bond actor. Sir Sean in " Just Cause " ;-)

She was a child star at the time of that film.
    Nothing wrong with her, but I'd prefer someone a little less well known personally. I've always been most impressed by those Bond 'girls' who I didn't know much about prior to their involvement in the series.

I never really thought it mattered. I don't think it should matter.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    DRush76 wrote: »

I never really thought it mattered. I don't think it should matter.
    It shouldn't matter. I just seem to have enjoyed all the 'unknowns' far more for some reason. There's an element of excitement for me to see an actress who I'm unfamiliar with rise to the occasion and deliver a memorable performance in my favourite franchise.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    We've had successful known Bond girls and successful unknown Bond girls. Doesn't matter to me so long as she suits the character and the film. As @Thunderpussy says, they could do much worse than ScarJo.

This. Although, in Scarlett's case I would prefer the character not be a retread of her Black Widow persona otherwise it would feel quite tiresome.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    We have a thread for this...
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/941/who-should-be-a-bond-girl#latest

Please continue in the thread as linked. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.