Re-editing TMWTGG (Please review this re-edited version!)

CappybandmanCappybandman South Carolina
edited August 2017 in Bond Movies Posts: 12
TMWTGG is generally considered one of the weaker entries in the Bond movie franchise. This was my first Bond movie at the theater and I have always had a special place in my heart for this one. However, there is no denying the over-the-top comedy aspects ruin this film. Christopher Lee is a great villian and Roger Moore is much better in this flick than LALD. I have re-edited TMWTGG to reflect a somewhat more serious tone and was wondering where I could upload this version. Don't want to get into any legal battles. Not interested in making any money off of anything, just a heartfelt rework of a Bond movie that I love. I think with a re-edit, TMWTGG could be considered much higher on most people's Bond movie list. I would also love to have others take a look and let me know what they think. IDEAS????

LINK TO RE-EDITED VERSION: https://mkkbb.sharefile.com/d-s8304eec76df40e09

Comments

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,165
    You could try uploading it to a service like YouTube or Dailymotion. If you're worried, make it an unlisted video and just share the link with us.

Also, welcome to the world of fanediting. :)
  • CappybandmanCappybandman South Carolina
    Will do and thanks!
    Is there by chance a list of edits that have been made? I agree that TMWTGG could be a far better film if trimmed.
    Not a list, but I trimmed all references to Lt. Hip's nieces and also all references to Sheriff Pepper. This goes along way to changing the tone of the movie. Trimmed some Goodnight scenes as well to make her less spacey. The barrel roll scene has been extended somewhat and the whistle removed. Tried to keep the Roger Moore flavor without much of the stupidity. Moore comes off much like TSWLM after the trims. All of this was very tricky as I tired to maintain the overall core of the film and not insert previously used shots as a substitute. First time editing a film.
    You've got the car chase without Sheriff Pepper?
    Yes, as most people agree that his presence is not needed in the film and is just buffoonery!
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 684
    The last couple times I've watched it, I've noted the potential neat cut which could be made of Bond bursting out of the karate school, then sprinting across the grounds with the heavies in pursuit -- excising Lt. Hip and his nieces entirely. Sounds like you've managed that here? Will be glad to see how it would look, if so.

Vimeo is another good place to look into, if you haven't uploaded it elsewhere yet. Regardless, a unlisted/private link is the way to go.
    Uploading to Youtube right now. That cut you mentioned is exactly what I did. Took out the quip about a Mexican screw-off as well.
    Looking forward to the link
    Ok, tried Youtube and it was blocked. Any other ideas?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Like @Strog suggested, you could try Vimeo next.
    The size of the video file is a problem. Will take a look at Vimeo though. Thanks
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Just in case everything else fails, you can upload the video to a free file hosting website or share it via torrent (though the latter option will place a lasting burden on your internet connection). I recall downloading a Bond fanedit via torrent.

By the way, there is a whole community for fanedits out there. Check out fanedit.info/fanedits/ or https://fanedit.org/

It seems the full-length fanedits are usually shared as files, not uploaded to video streaming sites.
    Good deal. Thanks
    Finally got it to work. Again, I recognize Danjag, Eon Productions, MGM, United Artists, Sony and anyone else connected with this film. I have tried to keep the movie lighthearted in places in the spirit of Roger Moore. I feel this is a much better Bond flick now and a version such as this would rate much higher than the original. Please let me know you thoughts.

https://mkkbb.sharefile.com/d-s8304eec76df40e09
    Any feedback? Is the link working?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I like these type experiments, on the idea I don't have to really give up Sheriff J.W. Pepper or the Kung Fu girl that grew up to be the cigar-smoking mama in Shaolin Soccer.
    From that site it was easy to download the 763MB file, and it's a manageable size to present the concept. I checked out the transition from the Kung Fu fight to OO7 running to the boat to race down the klongs. Works fine, @Cappybandman.
    Will take a holistic view next weekend and give you some feedback.
    Got a PM about quality of film. Quality suffers greatly due to compression of the original 4GB version I did. Sorry, but no way around this with conversion. Enjoy this new version of TMWTGG!
    Thanks to everyone who reviewed my re-edited TMWTGG!