Dream Destinations

stagstag In the thick of it!
in General Discussion Posts: 1,053
What is your dream holiday destination? Where would you go and stay had you the opportunity? It can be Bond related or not.

Comments

• stagstag In the thick of it!
    Although I've visited Jamaica several times and been in close proximity to it, I would LOOOOVE to stay at Goldeneye. I'm sure I'm not the only one....... (I mean Fleming's house not the resort complex itself).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Goldeneye would be a great place to stay. Along with a trip to Khao Phing Kan
    ( Scaramanga's Island)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    A couple of dream motorcycle trips: Scandinavia and Alaska.

Bond-related: I'd love to go to the Prater amusement park in Vienna. Very doable and I should get on that.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Bond-related: I'd love to go to the Prater amusement park in Vienna. Very doable and I should get on that.

You should definitely do the Third Man tour if you go to Vienna.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Dennison wrote: »

Oh, wow, yes. I only watched the film recently, but I loved it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Dennison wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »

The Third Man walk is a cracking couple of hours and the woman who did it was very knowledgeable (think she might have worked on the film. Probably dead now - she must have been 70 and I last did it about 10 years ago). Really wish I'd brought her book but it was massive and I was backpacking. Be interesting to trace that on eBay actually as it looked definitive.

Don't miss the sewer tour and Third Man museum followed by a screening of the film at Burg Kino.

Can do it all in one day as I recall but you need to plan it well in advance as they are only on certain days.

Probably my favourite film of all time.