Dream Destinations

stagstag In the thick of it!
What is your dream holiday destination? Where would you go and stay had you the opportunity? It can be Bond related or not.

Comments

• stagstag In the thick of it!
    Although I've visited Jamaica several times and been in close proximity to it, I would LOOOOVE to stay at Goldeneye. I'm sure I'm not the only one....... (I mean Fleming's house not the resort complex itself).
    Goldeneye would be a great place to stay. Along with a trip to Khao Phing Kan
    ( Scaramanga's Island)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    A couple of dream motorcycle trips: Scandinavia and Alaska.

Bond-related: I'd love to go to the Prater amusement park in Vienna. Very doable and I should get on that.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Bond-related: I'd love to go to the Prater amusement park in Vienna. Very doable and I should get on that.

You should definitely do the Third Man tour if you go to Vienna.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Dennison wrote: »

Oh, wow, yes. I only watched the film recently, but I loved it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Dennison wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »

The Third Man walk is a cracking couple of hours and the woman who did it was very knowledgeable (think she might have worked on the film. Probably dead now - she must have been 70 and I last did it about 10 years ago). Really wish I'd brought her book but it was massive and I was backpacking. Be interesting to trace that on eBay actually as it looked definitive.

Don't miss the sewer tour and Third Man museum followed by a screening of the film at Burg Kino.

Can do it all in one day as I recall but you need to plan it well in advance as they are only on certain days.

Probably my favourite film of all time.