What "motif" would you like to see in Bond 25?

2»

Comments

The one region/landscape we've never seen a Bond filmed centered on in a Bond film is Africa in the jungle/savanna. I could see some kind of "safari" themed Bond film with him riding around in a jeep and wearing lots of khaki. He can save the Bond Girl from lions at one point and the villain's scheme revolves around the illicit ivory trade. Something like this would have played better in the 60's, but I could see a version of it now.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Personally I'd love to see Bond walk around in more of an industrial environment

Didn't Brosnan do that a lot? It's been forever since I've rewatched any of his films aside from GE so I'm not sure.

CountJohn wrote: »
    The one region/landscape we've never seen a Bond filmed centered on in a Bond film is Africa in the jungle/savanna. I could see some kind of "safari" themed Bond film with him riding around in a jeep and wearing lots of khaki. He can save the Bond Girl from lions at one point and the villain's scheme revolves around the illicit ivory trade. Something like this would have played better in the 60's, but I could see a version of it now.
    Love it! Lots of potential in this one.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I loved how Bond infiltrated Sanchez' group. something like that could be refreshed and he could destroy the villain from the inside.

Or we could see him up against some common thugs (think Mr Big of LALD the novel) or the Star Sprangled gang. Might be interesting to see blunt force meet blunt instrument.
  • RareJamesBondFanRareJamesBondFan Touch it. You can touch it if you want.
    I've found the PERFECT idea for today's world. The world does nuclear disarmement as Bond supervises. M battles an internal threat at MI6 (internet gets shut down) while Blofeld makes Bond questions everything he ever knew to true.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond up against satanists.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 676
    thedove wrote: »
    I loved how Bond infiltrated Sanchez' group. something like that could be refreshed and he could destroy the villain from the inside.

Or we could see him up against some common thugs (think Mr Big of LALD the novel) or the Star Sprangled gang. Might be interesting to see blunt force meet blunt instrument.
    Bond against the mob, gangsters, etc. Great idea. I think Craig fits the "blunt instrument" idea best of all the Bond actors, so he would be a natural in that world. I can imagine him in Fleming's DAF where Tiffany at first believes he's just a common thug.

Maybe Bond vs. the Russian mafia? That would work well in today's world. I'm thinking something reminiscent of Eastern Promises.

I think I will start updating the first post with some of these ideas...
    Bond up against satanists.
    Sometimes I can't tell when you're joking @Thunderfinger. Do you actually like this idea? I do! I would enjoy see Bond up against some kind of cult. They approached this idea with the Spectre board room meeting, which looked like the Illuminati or something. Sadly, it didn't amount to much later on.
    Yes, I am dead serious. LALD was a hit much thanks to that occult and bizarre voodoo element. A film where Bond battles a deadly satanist cult would be the creepiest and possibly most exciting Bond film ever.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Yes, I am dead serious. LALD was a hit much thanks to that occult and bizarre voodoo element. A film where Bond battles a deadly satanist cult would be the creepiest and possibly most exciting Bond film ever.
    I agree that LALD's voodoo aspect really impressed me as a kid, and even today is one of its defining elements. I'm all for it, if they execute well. We're long overdue for a 'creepy' Bond film, and no, SP doesn't count.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 676
    It's a great idea, would love to see something like LALD again. I guess you could call that one "the one with the voodoo stuff in it."
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2017 Posts: 7,969
    Satanists, you say? Hmm, yes - LALD is a very tight adventure on a budget. That kind of thriftiness is something EON could really use nowadays. I don't know about satanists though, that could alienate a few people. They say thats what turned people off Temple of Doom, all that ritualistic sacrifice and whatnot. Anyway, at least mysticism is very well known, and wouldn't take much dialogue to explain.
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    I'd like to see Bond deviate from trend a bit. I know the world is thinking about ISIS and the European Union, but those are low-hanging fruit at this point.
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    For tone, I simply mean a lighter, more colorful, more spectacular action-adventure. That's basically what Marvel does (sci-fi, fantasy, and "team" stuff aside).

I would actually love a Bond film that's like Die Another Day's colorful techy atmosphere except with an original plot, better cast and better CGI.
    There should be lots of trees.
    amazing-trees-1-2.jpg
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I would like to see a rainbow motif in Bond 25. The first fifteen minutes would be dominated by red, then fifteen of orange, then going through the whole ROYGBIV spectrum.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 12,916
    Hmm. If there was just some subtle way to harken back to Fleming and Bond's origins. Something in passing that serves as part tribute, part celebration of the locale. A visual (or aural, or both) flourish to enjoy. A natural thing that blends in with the scene but also adds to it, complements the location with a variety that never gets stale when revisited. Just an enjoyable thread through the film to relish over and over.

If they can come up something like that.
    2577ca57f217f3c6d34dc312aeb21818.jpg