CLOSED

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Lie.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Even if it is, that's some high level of pettiness for a First Lady to take part in. Totally unprofessional, and horrible timing to do so while going to see those kids and families at the border.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maybe it s a comment on this thread?
  • It's probably a comment from Melania to Donald: whatever feeling I once had for you is gone, gone, gone.
    Lucretia Garfield was first out.
    Garfield_Dont_Care_Black_Shirt.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It's good to keep a sense of humor these days. We should. It helps balance out the serious crap we are needing to focus on.

Like the abuse of children being detained.

And much more happening these days.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He even joked about one of the deceased kids looking like Tom Selleck, only better looking. So tone deaf. He also opened the event by saying some of the ICE/law enforcement officers were "good looking"? Wh-why?
    edited June 2018 Posts: 12,459
    There is no dignity in our president. But Trump clearly considers that a feature to continue to exploit, not a problem.
    POS people respond to a POS POTUS.
    This is interesting. A reimagined for our times propaganda video ...

Also, George Takei has been (more than a few times) reminding us of his family's internment during WWII.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Trump and his cronies belong in a cage.
    OK, for now I'll leave with something a tad ... humorous ~
    Hahahaha!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 17,691
    "People are suffering because of the Democrats," Trump said. "So we've created and they've created and they've let it happen. A massive child smuggling industry is exactly what it's become."
    Covering his ass for the lost kids...

Mod Edit - No need for language like this. We have asked multiple times to avoid using such language. Please refrain from doing so again.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Mod Edit - No need for language like this. We have asked multiple times to avoid using such language. Please refrain from doing so again.
    I will TRY, but you have to ask, when you SEE fascism taking hold of YOUR country, when you SEE children's lives and family's live being damaged and/or destroyed for political or economic gain, are swear words REALLY all that important? If a **** matters more than human life, then maybe I'm on the wrong site....
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Let's not be too over dramatic @chrisisall, this is a James Bond forum first and foremost.
    Whilst multiple topics are and can be discussed, the reason for the site is because of our love and enjoyment of James Bond.
    No one would argue with you regarding the importance of any human or animal life.
    But we simply ask that the use of profanity not be used. Regardless of how strong your feelings. Please.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    POS people respond to a POS POTUS.
    This is interesting. A reimagined for our times propaganda video ...

Also, George Takei has been (more than a few times) reminding us of his family's internment during WWII.

POS POTUS is no new thing.
    Benny wrote: »
    But we simply ask that the use of profanity not be used. Regardless of how strong your feelings. Please.
    Fair enough. I was in panic mode last night. I think it's TIME to be in panic mode. Actually PAST time to be in panic mode. My country is collapsing before our eyes...
    I wonder : will Cuban refugees and exiles be next ? After all, they're in the US illegally. So, will Trump target them ? That would open a new can of worms, and maybe cost him the support of a good portion of the GOP.

Oh, and don't think being white will protect you either. Here's what happened to a young french tourist who entered the US by accident :

https://actu.orange.fr/monde/usa-canada-une-francaise-franchit-par-accident-la-frontiere-et-se-retrouve-en-detention-magic-CNT0000014lAF1.html
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 616
    Gerard wrote: »
    I wonder : will Cuban refugees and exiles be next ?

No. Stop being ridiculous.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 3,564
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Gerard wrote: »
    I wonder : will Cuban refugees and exiles be next ?

No. Stop being ridiculous.

How is @Gerard being ridiculous? It's a perfectly appropriate question.
    Asylum seekers and illegal immigrants aren t exactly the same.
    People of color are being targeted throughout the U.S. and that has risen during Trump's time in office; he encourages fear, racism, and isolationism. I do not think that can be disputed at this point. So, no, it is not a ridiculous thought, actually, to be concerned about all people in the U.S. at the moment who are not looking to fit the white "Wonder bread" type.

Immigrants currently being held - some are entering legally and still detained. These are muddy waters at the moment. Also, many are only committing a misdemeanor and actions taken against them are way out of proportion.

This is an ongoing, evolving situation that needs to have continued full cry public awareness to halt the abuse and to make genuine, concerted efforts to reunite the children with their parent or family member.

More than a few lawsuits happening. We can just hope things progress in a positive way. This situation is still very bad.

• Asylum seekers and illegal immigrants aren t exactly the same.

Please keep up with the news. Asylum seekers are indeed being treated exactly the same as illegal immigrants.
    People of color are being targeted throughout the U.S. and that has risen during Trump's time in office; he encourages fear, racism, and isolationism. I do not think that can be disputed at this point. So, no, it is not a ridiculous thought, actually, to be concerned about all people in the U.S. at the moment who are not looking to fit the white "Wonder bread" type.

Gerard was referring specifically to the possibility of Trump deporting Cubans.

Cubans are largely Republican voters.

Again: Ridiculous.

Well, you are entitled to say your opinion, yes. My opinion - having grown up in Florida, with Cuban-American friends and neighbors, is that many have been Republican, yes. That does NOT mean they are okay with current immigration policy. It also does not mean that they are never harassed or do not face racism in their own daily lives. Plenty of U.S. citizens who are of non-white appearance are discriminated upon daily. It is an ongoing problem American is confronted with.

The intolerance towards immigrants and people of color by the Trump administration is infecting and infesting (yes, I'm using his own word deliberately) our country.

I do not think it a ridiculous statement, but I don't want to argue about this back and forth. We have our own opinions, and we can and will differ on some things.
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Cubans are largely Republican voters.

Again: Ridiculous.
    The majority of SNAP recipients are also Republican voters, yet Don is cutting the program.
    What was your point again-? ;)
    edited June 2018 Posts: 12,459
    Miami Herald article (and video) - newborns to age 5 being detained/sheltered/held in licensed facility in Miami area. At least these are accounted for. They need to be reunited with their parent asap.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article213729394.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-44588939

Coming from someone who hates Trump and his administration, this still is not okay.
This discussion has been closed.