CLOSED

Comments

Ludovico wrote: »
    It's more than suspicion at this point. The evidence that is publicly known points to Russia as the culprit. Russia has the means, the motives, the MO, the history as well. And how do Russian authorities react to the accusations? By mocking the people victim of the terrorist attack! The Islamists did the same after 9/11. "It's not us, but these American dogs deserved it and God is great."

Yes that would be considered proof in any court of Law?

They should not have to defend themselves as long as the Uk does not have any more proof than the Russians once upon a time created the shit. The former Sovjet Union was more countries than just Russia. The nuclear arsenal is also not property of Russia.

And too be honest a double agent losing his life in the west is a win so why be bothered about it. At least they are honest in admitting that it could not happen to a nicer man. They do not react hypocritical.
    Currently the whole shows smells and feels a lot like that movie/book "wag the dog".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Russia has asked for British assistance in investigating the murders. Denied.

Britain has asked Russia to prove they are innocent without any more ado, before retaliating.

Based on precedents, I wouldn t trust the British government on anything at all.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    It's more than suspicion at this point. The evidence that is publicly known points to Russia as the culprit. Russia has the means, the motives, the MO, the history as well. And how do Russian authorities react to the accusations? By mocking the people victim of the terrorist attack! The Islamists did the same after 9/11. "It's not us, but these American dogs deserved it and God is great."

Yes that would be considered proof in any court of Law?

They should not have to defend themselves as long as the Uk does not have any more proof than the Russians once upon a time created the shit. The former Sovjet Union was more countries than just Russia. The nuclear arsenal is also not property of Russia.

And too be honest a double agent losing his life in the west is a win so why be bothered about it. At least they are honest in admitting that it could not happen to a nicer man. They do not react hypocritical.

Maybe not but this is not a court of law. And someone correct me if I'm wrong but they were now British citizens. The duty of any state is to protect its citizens. Not to mention that there were collateral damages.
    No, not sure about the father, but the daughter was a Russian citizen, hence why the Russians have now instigated an investigation, regardless of the British indifference to the matter.
    The UK police have been working round the clock on this and it received major attention from government, medias, etc.Indifference? What are you talking about?
    Indifference to the Russian requests for samples and cooperation.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 14,825
    Indifference to the Russian requests for samples and cooperation.

Samples that could then be tampered. That's not exactly transparency. And one has seen more cooperative people. A bit of compassion for the victims wouldn't go amiss. But no they reverted to childish taunting as soon as they could.
    If May has evidence beyond "likely", why doesn t she present them?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Britain has asked Russia to prove they are innocent without any more ado, before retaliating.

Quite. Is this British justice now having to prove your innocence?

We all know the Russians did it and Putin probably signed off on it but that doesn't stand up in court.

Anyone remember the Cuban missile crisis when the yanks showed photographic proof to the world? Any sign of anything that tangible from the government?

With these things you need to look at who benefits. Surely Skripal would've have given up whatever he had on Vlad years ago so it would be just a revenge attack?

Yet here is somebody benefiting and I dare say they had the means. Not to mention just down the road:
    https://www.ft.com/content/d78f43fc-27b0-11e8-b27e-cc62a39d57a0
    A nice little injection of funds there. Who's to say that the director of Porton Down didn't arrange the whole thing to get the government to cough up a chunk of cash which he could cream off 1% of to boost his pension?

Quite. Is this British justice now having to prove your innocence?

We all know the Russians did it and Putin probably signed off on it but that doesn't stand up in court.

Anyone remember the Cuban missile crisis when the yanks showed photographic proof to the world? Any sign of anything that tangible from the government?

With these things you need to look at who benefits. Surely Skripal would've have given up whatever he had on Vlad years ago so it would be just a revenge attack?

Yet here is somebody benefiting and I dare say they had the means. Not to mention just down the road:
    https://www.ft.com/content/d78f43fc-27b0-11e8-b27e-cc62a39d57a0
    A nice little injection of funds there. Who's to say that the director of Porton Down didn't arrange the whole thing to get the government to cough up a chunk of cash which he could cream off 1% of to boost his pension?

Indeed. Porton Down is still operative, and the British government is in cahoots with the fascist Ukrainian government. They both want to bring anti-globalist Putin down before the Russian election. So who benefits? Not the Russians.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    In my view, the present Ukrainian government is far more democratic than the last, and it deserves all our support against Putin's continuing aggression. Just saying.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    In my view, the present Ukrainian government is far more democratic than the last, and it deserves all our support against Putin's continuing aggression. Just saying.

How so? They have fascist elements and got their power through a coup. They toppled the previous, elected government.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

How so? They have fascist elements and got their power through a coup. They toppled the previous, elected government.

I call what happened a democratic revolutioon against the Russian puppet regime they had before.

They have fewer fascist elements than the Duma, and they are, most prominently, not the only and first European government having unilaterally annexed part of a foreign nation. That's Putin's Russia, a classical autoritarien regime, basically a one-man dictatorship disguised as a democracy. Something that Trump keeps dreaming of.

But this is one of the subjects that we will never agree on, so why bother to discuss this in a Bond context.
    There is nothing wrong with my government or the defiance they,and our allies,are showing.

Russia is a bully and most countries roll over,we dont do that.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    barryt007 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with my government or the defiance they,and our allies,are showing.

Russia is a bully and most countries roll over,we dont do that.
    We've got form for lying to the UN to justify a war and only last week rolled out the red carpet to the Saudi Crown Prince so he would buy more of our helicopters and tanks to use against Yemen, so, however dodgy the Russians are, let's not make out we're beyond reproach and that we should believe everything we're fed by a moribund government and a PM barely clinging to power her little fingernail.

All politicians are lying dodgy bastards.

• All politicians are lying dodgy bastards.

Yes, but they're OUR lying dodgy bastards.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

Is that like, they're OUR slave owners? Or, they're OUR prison guards?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 3,564
    chrisisall wrote: »

Is that like, they're OUR slave owners? Or, they're OUR prison guards?

That's like, if they're ours then we support them no matter what. If they're the other guys' then we resist them no matter what. It was a joke, son, a joke... (said in Foghorn Leghorn voice.)
    patb wrote: »

Never mind that it was the Americans who removed it from Uzbekistan. We need to blame Russia.
    I think I trust Putin more than I do Boris!!
    Of course. Johnson is a spineless slithering opportunist.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Time for thoughts and prayers.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117

Yawn.

I think unless it's fatalities in double figures links like that should count as spam these days.

Must be a slow news day at the Telegraph today for such mundane events to be reported. Wasn't there even a bear shitting in the woods somewhere they could have told us about rather than this?
    I’m there now. The shooter got shot by the school resources officer and is in critical condition- no fatalities, 3 injuries including the shooter
    I’m there now. The shooter got shot by the school resources officer and is in critical condition- no fatalities, 3 injuries including the shooter
    So there you go. Solid proof that arming school staff saves lives.

Every teacher needs to be issued with an AR-15 first thing tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.