Bond fantasy dinner party

in Bond Movies Posts: 4,600
Little news to discuss at the moment so ponder this (delete if already done)
You are hosting a dinner party for 6 including yourself. You can invite anyone (real) from the World of Bond. Consider not only your own conversations but how the group will interact and enjoy each others company.
We are in present day:
My invites: Diana Rigg, George L, Timothy D, Sam Mendes, J Dench.

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Sir Roger would be my top of the table along with Cubby if only he was still with us .
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 226
    Dinner Party I- Sean Connery, Timothy Dalton, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson, Paul McCartney

Dinner Party II- Eva Green, Monica Bellucci, Halle Berry, Gemma Arterton, Lea Seydoux

At dinner party I I will be wearing a conservative suit while at dinner party II I will be wearing a Hugh Hefner smoking jacket.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Sir Roger,Ben Wishaw,Judi Dench,Sean Connery,Michael Kitchen.
  • I don't know about all five, but Pierce is definitely sitting next to George.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Timothy Dalton, Daniel Craig, Barbara Broccoli, Michael Wilson, Bérénice Marlohe.
    And Marlohe stays for dessert.

http://youtu.be/v5KW4AAXE9k
    henrys-majestic-creates-james-bond-007-inspir-L-Ws9cMK.jpeg
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Good thread. This is a difficult one! It sounds like only living people are allowed. Live or dead could be even more fascinating, but let me stick to the rules of the OP.

I'll go with... Sir Roger, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson, Judi Dench, Pierce Brosnan. We would sit at a round table being served Vespers by the barman from CR all night long. Going clockwise, Wilson would be to my left, followed by Judi, Rog, Babs, and Pierce. Hoping that Babs and Pierce will be patch things up over some royal beluga, giving Pierce the peace of mind he needs!

Rog being opposite me would be the center of attention, with Mickey and Babs telling stories of Cubby. Dench would add even further pure class to the table.

Waiting for someone to say 5 Bonds and see which one they leave out.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Interesting thread this! I would invite Sean Connery, Jane Seymour, Daniel Craig, Naomie Harris and Judi Dench. I expect an evening of grand stories. Connery would hold court and give Daniel Craig tips on how to negotiate a contract. I see this group getting along famously. I would serve Chef's Surprise for dessert!
  • That actually sounds just about perfect, @MooseWithFleas. That's almost my dinner party, too: Rog, Babs, Judi, Pierce, and David Arnold, who would add a great deal of class and humor to the evening. Christopher Walken and Jane Seymour are invited to drinks beforehand and welcome to pull up chairs if they like. Michael G. Wilson would be great to have too, but I'm concerned he'd nod off a bit early.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,600
    I know this sounds dreadful but I did not pick Sir Roger as I thought he maybe looking for home and Horlicks before the Brandy got passed around. Perhaps I'm being unfair?
  • I actually left MGW out for that very reason, and asked myself if I shouldn't also do the same for Rog. I don't know. Rog just seems like such a legendary personality. Maybe he can be there for cocktails as somebody's +1 (just make sure he gets his full drink on and doesn't go home half-cocktailed).
    No drinks before hand, before you know it, its a big party and all are invited!
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Lewis Gilbert, Barbara Broccoli, Roger Moore, Shirley Eaton and Timothy Dalton
    What would the menu be? Definitely Le Bombe Surprisee would stay off the list!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    What would the menu be? Definitely Le Bombe Surprisee would stay off the list!

And fugu.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Phu Yuk???

Gilbert is a great call. One of my favorite directors and master of the OTT Bond.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Timothy Dalton, Honor Blackman and Judi Dench - I could listen to, and look at, any of these three pretty much forever, plus I imagine a couple of luvvies like Judi and Tim would have lots of theatre stuff to talk about.

Peter Lamont, because I heard him on the radio recently and he sounded a total sweetheart.

And Nancy Sinatra, because she is a goddess. (We're allowed theme song artists, right?)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Roger Moore - a natural raconteur
    John Glen - another natural story teller
    Judy Dench - she will laugh at all the stories and break the ice.
    Eva Green - Just to stare at.

and get this one....

Gregg Wilson - I kind of get the impression he is the future of the franchise. I would be very interested to hear what he has to say
    Nancy would be good for the after dinner karaoke?
    I chose Lewis Gilbert because he is 95 is nearing the end, so if there's ever a time to get something off his chest, now would be the time.
  • Agent_99 wrote: »
    Timothy Dalton, Honor Blackman and Judi Dench - I could listen to, and look at, any of these three pretty much forever, plus I imagine a couple of luvvies like Judi and Tim would have lots of theatre stuff to talk about.

Peter Lamont, because I heard him on the radio recently and he sounded a total sweetheart.

And Nancy Sinatra, because she is a goddess. (We're allowed theme song artists, right?)

Forgot about the music element, I should add Sir Paul to mine.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Just got his very Bond-centric autobiography, "The Man With The GoldenEye". Lamont seems like a good egg, from the "Making of" features on the DVD's.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Timothy Dalton, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan, Robert Davi and Eva Green.
    "You are hosting a dinner party for 6 including yourself. "
    I would invite Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli, kd lang, Timothy Dalton and Judi Dench. I would start by asking Wilson and Broccoli to apologize to kd lang for not using "Surrender" as the main song in TND, then I would ask them to leave so I could have a nice dinner with lang, Dalton and Dench, who all seem like lovely, charming people with lots of good stories to tell.

Then it would be time for shots and strip poker.
  • Milovy wrote: »
    I would invite Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli, kd lang, Timothy Dalton and Judi Dench. I would start by asking Wilson and Broccoli to apologize to kd lang for not using "Surrender" as the main song in TND, then I would ask them to leave so I could have a nice dinner with lang, Dalton and Dench, who all seem like lovely, charming people with lots of good stories to tell.

Then it would be time for shots and strip poker.

If shots and strip poker are involved, my guest list would look very different. Also, Dalton and Dench?

Perhaps somebody should open a "Bond fantasy shots and strip poker party" thread?
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Cubby and Dana
    John Barry
    Jill St John
    Roger Moore
    Maude Adams

I fancy a relaxing evening, think these guests would create a fun laid back atmosphere
    If shots and strip poker are involved, my guest list would look very different. Also, Dalton and Dench?
    What can I say, I like 'em wobbly 'n' hobbly.
  • If shots and strip poker are involved, my guest list would look very different. Also, Dalton and Dench?

Perhaps somebody should open a "Bond fantasy shots and strip poker party" thread?

See dinner party II in my first post

Cubby and Dana
    John Barry
    Jill St John
    Roger Moore
    Maude Adams

I fancy a relaxing evening, think these guests would create a fun laid back atmosphere

I could be wrong,but i think the guests have to be alive today.....

• RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Roger Moore (Guest of Honour)
    All the other Bond actors(hopefully it may end in a geriatric punch up between Laz and Broz)
    Bernice Marlohe (for purely selfish reasons!)
    Maud Adams
    Robert Davi
    Jonathan Pryce
    Javier Bardem
    Talisa Soto
    Britt Ekland
    Ralph Fiennes

And finally the chaps that played Luigi Ferrara and Elvis, for comedy value.
    Samantha Bond