'Time to Leave !! ' - Where will the home of MI6 be in BOND 25 ?

barryt007barryt007 Stalking Kara Milovy with an elephant gun and a chainsaw.
edited January 2017 in Bond 25 Posts: 17,353
With Vauxhall Cross total demolished,and MI6 stuck in underground bunkers recently,where will MI6 move to in BOND 25 ?

Will it be Denbigh's new 'Nine-Eyes' building,mostly funded by SPECTRE ?
Its an important issue,and yet again,something EON have to seriously think about.

BOND 25 is becoming a very important Bond film,with many areas they need to get right..a tough job to come.

Comments about where you think,or indeed where you would like or not like,MI6 to be based or move to ?

«1

Comments

  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!
    Posts: 16,094
    I must admit to have taken a liking to that temporary setup in SkyFall. It balanced between old and high-tech new and there's something enigmatic about underground rooms with no windows.

    You're right about Bond 25, @barryt007! Perhaps that's one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to it. In my opinion the Bonds have become quite good at correcting previous mistakes. But it may require new blood and I'm not talking about Craig. I think we need a superb - not good or great but superb - script to begin with. Without that, the best effects, acting, music, ... will no longer do to give it a pass. We're a demanding lot, but they're sitting one of the most awesome film series in the world. They have the goods; and they know it. Now they need the balls to use them.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,119
    I've thought about this as well. I enjoy the new digs and seeing the old office back in play.

    Of course in reality the MI6 building still there and I'm not sure how I feel about the break from the real world.

    Maybe the 00 Section can be officed under the guise of Universal Export in the current building. I just like M's traditional office.
  • Posts: 3,136
    Most office bods do home working now.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!
    edited January 2017 Posts: 16,094
    vzok wrote: »
    Most office bods do home working now.

    I'd love that. :D

    Bond receiving his mission from M via conference call.
  • Posts: 3,136
    When they do the cost-benefit analysis they'll find the rebuild is too costly. Laptops all round.
  • Posts: 4,325
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I've thought about this as well. I enjoy the new digs and seeing the old office back in play.

    Of course in reality the MI6 building still there and I'm not sure how I feel about the break from the real world.

    Maybe the 00 Section can be officed under the guise of Universal Export in the current building. I just like M's traditional office.

    They might be moving from 'The Riverhouse' on Vauxhall Cross
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your family
    Posts: 9,032
    I assume that they'll remain at the HM Treasury building?

    3247904052_fc652026a1.jpg
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,186
    jake24 wrote: »
    I assume that they'll remain at the HM Treasury building?

    3247904052_fc652026a1.jpg

    Probably.
  • barryt007barryt007 Stalking Kara Milovy with an elephant gun and a chainsaw.
    Posts: 17,353
    They should never have destroyed Vauxhall Cross MI6 building...it should have been repaired after SF...it wasnt as badly damaged as they made out in SP..pisses me off...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your family
    Posts: 9,032
    The Vauxhall building was the one I grew up with. It, like Judi's M, was weird to see go. Though I think it was a bold move to revert back to the original sixties-inspired headquarters.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,119
    jake24 wrote: »
    The Vauxhall building was the one I grew up with. It, like Judi's M, was weird to see go. Though I think it was a bold move to revert back to the original sixties-inspired headquarters.

    My generation of Bond was with the original office. I never thought about it from your perspective.

    Funny how Bond tends to encompass multigenerations and countries.

  • barryt007barryt007 Stalking Kara Milovy with an elephant gun and a chainsaw.
    Posts: 17,353
    But the fact it is still there in real life i think kind of lowers things re Bond...i cant explain it but im sure tourists turn up and think,even for a second,is 007 in there ? ...thats now gone forever,and didnt need to be...they could have just moved the 00 section out of it..it didnt need to be destroyed,i think its a bad move,just for the sake of a stupid scene that most people dont even like.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,119
    barryt007 wrote: »
    But the fact it is still there in real life i think kind of lowers things re Bond...i cant explain it but im sure tourists turn up and think,even for a second,is 007 in there ? ...thats now gone forever,and didnt need to be...they could have just moved the 00 section out of it..it didnt need to be destroyed,i think its a bad move,just for the sake of a stupid scene that most people dont even like.

    You mean the SP ending? Like someone else said I didn't think the building was that damaged in SF.

    So I guess I'm torn. Part of me wants Bond to reflect reality. Adds credence in a way.

    The other part would hate to loose the old office.

    Nothing says the 00 section HAS to be in Vauxhall.
  • Posts: 6,432
    I think they will just rebuild the MI6 Building at Vauxhall Cross houses, very much depends on the next film whether it continues the Mendes arc or whether it's a totally separate story. Bond films historically are not known for continuity even with the same actor in the role over a number of films, if the MI6 building appeared again without explanation and Bond was just on a mission I would not complain.
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 15,634
    The Kremlin was destroyed in Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol but it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the film because it's standing today. ;)
  • barryt007barryt007 Stalking Kara Milovy with an elephant gun and a chainsaw.
    Posts: 17,353
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    But the fact it is still there in real life i think kind of lowers things re Bond...i cant explain it but im sure tourists turn up and think,even for a second,is 007 in there ? ...thats now gone forever,and didnt need to be...they could have just moved the 00 section out of it..it didnt need to be destroyed,i think its a bad move,just for the sake of a stupid scene that most people dont even like.

    You mean the SP ending? Like someone else said I didn't think the building was that damaged in SF.

    So I guess I'm torn. Part of me wants Bond to reflect reality. Adds credence in a way.

    The other part would hate to loose the old office.

    Nothing says the 00 section HAS to be in Vauxhall.

    That was me too ;)

  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,119
    barryt007 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    But the fact it is still there in real life i think kind of lowers things re Bond...i cant explain it but im sure tourists turn up and think,even for a second,is 007 in there ? ...thats now gone forever,and didnt need to be...they could have just moved the 00 section out of it..it didnt need to be destroyed,i think its a bad move,just for the sake of a stupid scene that most people dont even like.

    You mean the SP ending? Like someone else said I didn't think the building was that damaged in SF.

    So I guess I'm torn. Part of me wants Bond to reflect reality. Adds credence in a way.

    The other part would hate to loose the old office.

    Nothing says the 00 section HAS to be in Vauxhall.

    That was me too ;)

    Ok ...well then I agree with you again :)
  • barryt007barryt007 Stalking Kara Milovy with an elephant gun and a chainsaw.
    Posts: 17,353
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    But the fact it is still there in real life i think kind of lowers things re Bond...i cant explain it but im sure tourists turn up and think,even for a second,is 007 in there ? ...thats now gone forever,and didnt need to be...they could have just moved the 00 section out of it..it didnt need to be destroyed,i think its a bad move,just for the sake of a stupid scene that most people dont even like.

    You mean the SP ending? Like someone else said I didn't think the building was that damaged in SF.

    So I guess I'm torn. Part of me wants Bond to reflect reality. Adds credence in a way.

    The other part would hate to loose the old office.

    Nothing says the 00 section HAS to be in Vauxhall.

    That was me too ;)

    Ok ...well then I agree with you again :)


    Thanks cousin ..
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,119
    barryt007 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    But the fact it is still there in real life i think kind of lowers things re Bond...i cant explain it but im sure tourists turn up and think,even for a second,is 007 in there ? ...thats now gone forever,and didnt need to be...they could have just moved the 00 section out of it..it didnt need to be destroyed,i think its a bad move,just for the sake of a stupid scene that most people dont even like.

    You mean the SP ending? Like someone else said I didn't think the building was that damaged in SF.

    So I guess I'm torn. Part of me wants Bond to reflect reality. Adds credence in a way.

    The other part would hate to loose the old office.

    Nothing says the 00 section HAS to be in Vauxhall.

    That was me too ;)

    Ok ...well then I agree with you again :)


    Thanks cousin ..


    Very welcome
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Posts: 1,161
    I thought that by the end of Skyfall they had moved from the temporary underground HQ to Whitehall, where M's "new" office is. Isn't that the new permanent HQ of MI6?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,186
    While the current building is HM Treasury, M was based in The Old War Office Building for Octopussy - Licence to Kill. Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig had the experience of being based at the real SIS Building, except for 2008's Quantum of Solace , and Spectre, where they had moved to the Treasury.

    The minimalist design of that MI6 was actually The Barbican Centre, where Designing 007 began its life. For all of the films up to Octopussy, the building where M is supposed to be based is never seen. Instead, generic shots of London are shown.

    After the bombing of MI6 in Skyfall, MI6 presumably moves to The Department of Energy & Climate Change (DECC), as Bond stands on its roof at the end of the film. Moneypenny is shocked to realise that you can go up there, but in real life, you unfortunately can't. The underground bunker entrance is located at Smithfield Car Park in West Smithfield, EC1.

    You can find the castle headquarters used in TWINE at Eilean Donan Castle in Scotland.

    In the novels, Universal Exports is said to be based in either an 8 or 9 floor (it fluctuates based on which book you read) building overlooking Regent's Park.
  • barryt007barryt007 Stalking Kara Milovy with an elephant gun and a chainsaw.
    Posts: 17,353
    While the current building is HM Treasury, M was based in The Old War Office Building for Octopussy - Licence to Kill. Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig had the experience of being based at the real SIS Building, except for 2008's Quantum of Solace , and Spectre, where they had moved to the Treasury.

    The minimalist design of that MI6 was actually The Barbican Centre, where Designing 007 began its life. For all of the films up to Octopussy, the building where M is supposed to be based is never seen. Instead, generic shots of London are shown.

    After the bombing of MI6 in Skyfall, MI6 presumably moves to The Department of Energy & Climate Change (DECC), as Bond stands on its roof at the end of the film. Moneypenny is shocked to realise that you can go up there, but in real life, you unfortunately can't. The underground bunker entrance is located at Smithfield Car Park in West Smithfield, EC1.

    You can find the castle headquarters used in TWINE at Eilean Donan Castle in Scotland.

    In the novels, Universal Exports is said to be based in either an 8 or 9 floor (it fluctuates based on which book you read) building overlooking Regent's Park.

    That's an interesting post there,thanks for that.....great information.

  • Posts: 10,604
    Be nice if they go back to the early days in terms of the older Whitehall buildings!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Posts: 1,584
    I didn't realise up until now the new mi6 building was the HM Treasury.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf England
    Posts: 3,726
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Be nice if they go back to the early days in terms of the older Whitehall buildings!

    +1.
  • barryt007barryt007 Stalking Kara Milovy with an elephant gun and a chainsaw.
    Posts: 17,353
    And we need M's office ,ala the end of SF, back...they have had their experiment,now lets get back to tradition.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 7,848
    Go back to the Old War Office, but have the Craig era Univex logo as the sign above the entrance like they did with TLD.
  • I think that once the Craig era is over they should go back to the Vauxhall Cross building. It was cool having that real world reference point. And it's not like Universal Exports couldn't still be featured (business cards and stuff).
  • barryt007barryt007 Stalking Kara Milovy with an elephant gun and a chainsaw.
    Posts: 17,353
    I think that once the Craig era is over they should go back to the Vauxhall Cross building. It was cool having that real world reference point. And it's not like Universal Exports couldn't still be featured (business cards and stuff).
    I think that once the Craig era is over they should go back to the Vauxhall Cross building. It was cool having that real world reference point. And it's not like Universal Exports couldn't still be featured (business cards and stuff).

    Agreed...it actually does exist and is a tourist draw as well,so everything back to basics for me,for the heavily anticipated B26.
  • Posts: 3,801
    Blowing up the HQ was something I missed re how significant it is re the series (got distracted by the brother issue), obviously Bond is fantasy but the connection with the actual real HQ was a lovely connection with the real World.

    The arrogance of the writers regarding "how will future writers deal with this", burning their bridges (or blowing them up) for very little dramatic gain.
Sign In or Register to comment.