Bruce Lee anniversaries

Green Hornet 50
Big Boss 45 (the movie which started it all.....people forget that w/o this there might not have been any Enter Dragon)

Check out my BB collection , some very rare stuff there.

Comments

• Great man he would have been 76 three days ago, I often watch his daughters chat casts from the Bruce Lee foundation. I always think Bruce greatest work was yet to come, Game of Death in its most complete form showed to me he was going to continue to make great films.
    I laugh when people say he wouldn't complete Game...then why would he ponder about this project for yrs and then just abandon it , doesn't add up ?

Post-1973 projects , what if :

-Lee and Loren (Ponti already sent investors to H.K , Lee wanted at least 2 mill US)

-Lee and Bronson ?

-Lee and Eastwood ? (although I fear egos would clash)

-Lee and Wany Yu (this was gonna happen at least once or twice)

-Lee and Jackie Chan (Lee would obviously appriciate Chans talent)

-Lee and Norris in the 80s , doing films like Delta Force (by then Lee would be 40+ and imo he would not be able to be as physical as 1971-72 period)

The he'd retire , doing shows like Seinfeld and MASH , prolly as a martial arts sifu.
    Tracy wrote: »
    I laugh when people say he wouldn't complete Game...then why would he ponder about this project for yrs and then just abandon it , doesn't add up ?

Post-1973 projects , what if :

-Lee and Loren (Ponti already sent investors to H.K , Lee wanted at least 2 mill US)

-a sequel to Way or similar character , set in SF ?

-Lee and Bronson ?

-Lee and Eastwood ? (although I fear egos would clash)

-Lee and Wang Yu/Lo Lieh (this was gonna happen at least once or twice)

-Lee and Jackie Chan (Lee would obviously appriciate Chans talent)

-Lee and Norris in the 80s , doing films like Delta Force (by then Lee would be 40+ and imo he would not be able to be as physical as 1971-72 period)

-Lee and Jack Nicholson (although I doubt there'd be any kung fu in it , though)

The he'd retire , doing shows like Seinfeld and MASH , prolly guest star as a martial arts sifu and/or philosopher.

Tarentino said that if he had been alive, he would have cast him in Kill Bill. In what part, I don't know, but it certainly would have been interesting.
    Maybe he would've been Hanzo in the first movie , sounds plausible......
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I can't say I'm a hardcore fan but I have his films Box set and would loved to have met him.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,009
    I wonder if that deleted footage from the Mandarin version of The Big Boss will show up some day. I always get a good laugh with the saw scene stills.

chengli2.jpg
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I wonder if that deleted footage from the Mandarin version of The Big Boss will show up some day. I always get a good laugh with the saw scene stills.

chengli2.jpg
    Wow! I´ve never seen this. Very interesting, @bigladiesman, thanks!
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 5,772
    I've seen the picture of the scene, but not the scene itself. But Bruce Lee's movies often had scenes cut for one reason (to pass the censors) or another. For example, in France, four scenes were cut from "Way of the Dragon", including two that changed completely the end of the movie. Why ? I don't know. I had to see the german version to know that these scenes existed. Although said german version had the impact of the blows cut so that the movie wasn't forbidden to minors, I guess.

Thankfully, thanks to the DVDs, scenes have started to reappear here. But not that one. At least, AFAIK.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I saw that scene in the original R-rated release in NY- pretty gruesome. It goes by so fast it looks completely real, although this still makes it look silly...
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,009
    @ggl007 De nada, Comandante Ggl. Agente Bigladiesman siempre al servicio de los fans.
    :)>-

@chrisisall So it actually made it to the States uncut?! This raises my hopes to see TBB complete some day! Great news! I read there was another scene where a guy is graphically cut in half by a buzzsaw.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2016 Posts: 17,687
    @ggl007 De nada, Comandante Ggl. Agente Bigladiesman siempre al servicio de los fans.
    :)>-

@chrisisall So it actually made it to the States uncut?! This raises my hopes to see TBB complete some day! Great news! I read there was another scene where a guy is graphically cut in half by a buzzsaw.
    That effect must not have worked out so well because again, it comes & goes like lightning, which actually lets your mind fill in the gory details... it was the ice cutting table saw that a guy went through *eeewwwweue....*
    I saw it back in '73-'74. We were masters at getting older peeps to sneak us into R-rated flicks!
    ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    What of Bruce Lee and George Lazenby as well? Shame that he died before Lazenby could star with him in any of his films.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,637
    removed
    Tracy wrote: »
    Supposedly H.K censors were craking down on certain strong scenes around 1972 so I doubt the saw scene was featured in '73 US dub.

There were more scenes cut as well :

-Cheng goes back to the brothel and stands naked behind a chair (as seen in old trailer)

-Tiens character Shu Chen grabs Lee Kuns character by the nads , "be careful I might need those later"......Cheng does this to the thai foreman later in the movie (ditto in trailer)

-burning cart is pushed against Cheng and Shu , they jump up on a wall (they edited the film in reverse , kinda like in "Enter" where Lee jumps straight up into the tree , looks hokey but early 70s after all)

So far from uncut.

edited
    Kato re-united with his boss Green Hornet , RIP Van Williams.......

Wow..........