The Trump Era (Jan 20, 2017 – XXXX) Political Discussion Including Foreign Impacts

1202122232426»

Comments

• edited February 2017 Posts: 1,661
    C3ys4PpUcAAlUVW.jpg

;))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He wouldn't be the first.

0IJP2uM.png
  • Brain smaller than ever, apologists and defenders!
    TripAces wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »
    Jesus died for the sins of all man and walrus kind.
    O:-)
    Trump will save us from Hillarykind
    Adolph was a goose-stepping toad despised by even the worst of Hillarykind.

Who is the "us"?

I realize you aren't the brightest bulb in the bin, but Canada does have a very close relationship with the USA.
    We are on the northern border btw, (that is if if you are intellectually able to consult a map) its the border that's actually controlled, where you need papers to cross.
    The Alberta XL Energy Pipeline project has been saved from the machinations of the former leftist in-charge. Hillary would have stonewalled and postured for a bit too.
    So yes Trump has saved the collective "us" from Hillarykind.

But do continue spamming and ignoring the direction of the mods.
    In particular @dimi. We do have two threads you know.
    However I do realize the fevered leftist mind is at a disadvantage.
    It is fanatical. It lacks either discipline or self-control.
    vanpaassen80630-260610d.JPG
    (leftists on patrol Toronto 2010 G20 riots, attended by St Obama)

It can't abide differing opinions.
    Political correctness rules the day.

TripAces wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »
    Jesus died for the sins of all man and walrus kind.
    O:-)
    Trump will save us from Hillarykind
    Adolph was a goose-stepping toad despised by even the worst of Hillarykind.

Who is the "us"?
    @earmuffs
    Right-wingers who don't actually live in the U.S.

see above btw

==
    Meanwhile yecch more Walrus droppings . Watch your step.
    Actually its ok, they've been cleared aside, clearned up.
    94a590fa2689816ac2d3f52222b00fa5.jpg

Pee yew. blecch. Still more
    Brain smaller than ever, apologists and defenders!
    Clean-up crew at work.
    chipping_up_walrus_fecal_material.jpg
    Chipping up walrus fecal material from the ice in the Chukchi Sea.
    Next stop here

@dimi sorry for the double-posting, but its easier to clean up droppings one little pile at a time.
    Apparently walrus trippy and issall don't have the self discipline to ban themselves from this thread, or even the mental cognitive functions apparently to grasp the concept of why you even created two threads.
    Others seem to have grasped the concept. Didn't think it was difficult.
    Have I posted in the other thread? Didn't think so. No urgings either, despite some of the fevered ramblings. No, very much under control.
    Don't feel the need to spew everywhere. Just special I guess. and @bondjames and others too.
    Discipline and restraint alas are not traits common to the fanatic.
    Again if this thread is to degenerate into a second Trump-bashing thread, then do consider closing it. We don't need two such treads do we?

Appropriate spam postings have been flagged.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Did we not just agree the other day that this was the pro-Trump thread and the other one is anti-Trump? Please, let's keep it that way - we can either close up one thread and let all the discussions be had in the other thread, or we can play nice and post accordingly.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Did we not just agree the other day that this was the pro-Trump thread and the other one is anti-Trump? Please, let's keep it that way - we can either close up one thread and let all the discussions be had in the other thread, or we can play nice and post accordingly.
    I'd considering closing both threads. This is a James Bond message board after all, not moveon.org
    The fanatics, (two actually) don't have the discipline to stay in their own playpen. They are on self declared ditch-digging missions.
    They will spew everywhere. I am sure they are spewing all over the world wide web as well.
    They are on some sort of delusional bent that requires, honorable mi6 message board be ripe for activist-leftist takeover.
    Maybe these boards are their assigned turf from command central.
    @dimi gave them their turf. Maybe it needs a wall :))

Shouldn't laugh though, it really is pathetic. Sigh. Others can stay put but not the fevered ditch diggers.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,473
    To be fair, you just spent an entire paragraph knocking them down after I stepped in to stop the confusion. If it were up to me, both threads would've been closed down long ago, but the pitchforks and torches would've come out, so alas, here I am. So, just once more:

THIS THREAD: Pro-Trump.
    THE OTHER THREAD: Anti-Trump.

If this continues to get confused, one of these will be locked up. Play nice, boys and girls.
  • The very fact that we have two topics in here, one more pro-Trump, and one more anti-Trump, shows there's something very very wrong with the USA. Today's USA reminds me of Germany in the 1920's and 1930's. The USA is heading towards unchartered waters. Wait no, it's heading towards more well-known waters, or towards an abyss if you want to put it that way: A situation that draws some parallels with the American Civil War. There was already lots of polarization and division in the USA, but Trump has exponentially increased that polarization and division in a matter of two weeks.

It scares the hell out of me. It's one of the reasons I post a bit less in these topics. But Trump still scares me. And today, another hot decision creates more and more polarization and division: The rightful decision to halt the immigrant ban of 7 nations. I fully agree with it, but day after day these decisions are tearing the USA apart :-(. Steve Bannon should be happy. This is what he wants. To destroy the USA and create a 'new USA'. But it makes me sad and makes me cry :-(.

• The front cover of the publication called Village is appalling
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    The front cover of the publication called Village is appalling
    Yes, quite sickening, but not all that surprising really, given the unhinged nature of some of the behaviour I've been witnessing.
    The USA is heading towards unchartered waters. Wait no, it's heading towards more well-known waters, or towards an abyss if you want to put it that way:
    Actually, I think the US will be just fine. American democracy is messy & it's unpleasant, but it has a way of sorting itself out eventually. It's Europe (as we know it) that seems to be heading towards the abyss imho, despite attemps to find a new enemy to justify its consolidated existence. Hollande sounded particularly desperate at the leader's summit in Malta a few days ago. So did another Donald T. Not Trump but Tusk. Perhaps he should adopt Hillary's failed campaign slogan.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/europe/eu-leaders-summit-malta/
    Steve Bannon should be happy. This is what he wants. To destroy the USA and create a 'new USA'. But it makes me sad and makes me cry :-(.
    It's not correct to lay all of this on Bannon. Many of the Trump Administration policies have the backing of the Republican orthodoxy in Congress. Other policies will have the backing of the Democrats, when they are proposed.

The US is undergoing some changes as it cedes overall (even if not per capita) economic leadership to China. It also has several challenges ahead as it confronts unaffordable entitlement programs & horrendous income disparities between rich and poor. Some of it is inevitable as I said in a previous post.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dear members

Despite the presidential elections in the USA now several months behind us, the forum is still carrying a lot of heated political debate and assembling tons of links to Twitter accounts, blogs and political forums. While this is certainly understandable and in fact a heart-warming sign that our fine members are not indifferent to what happens in the world, both threads dealing with the matter are becoming a bit of an annoyance to an increasing number of members, on both sides of the political spectrum we might add. In fact, many members have expressed a clear desire to have both threads closed, if only so we can return to our Bond discussions, which is ultimately why this forum exists in the first place.

The Mod team recognises the efforts of the few truly engaged activists and is grateful for their commitment to staying in one's own "camp" and approaching opposing opinions with at least some respect. There have been some tense moments - certainly - but overall, no glasses were broken and the furniture is still in its place. We are a forum of grown-ups and decent folks, and this was proven once more during the recent "ordeal". Thus, so we would not capriciously delete hours of good debate and useful information, we have decided to temporarily 'freeze' (i.e. lock) the two Trump related threads so that our attention can be reverted to Bond and other things. Should the world be shaken up by new real-life spectacle in the near future - and perhaps we shouldn't hope for that - we can always unlock the threads for a while and have our saying once more.

Meanwhile, knowing very well that politics are a matter of great importance to some of our members, we want to stress that there's no intention on the part of the Mod team to offer any imposition on private chats discussing Trump's election or anything else for that matter. In fact, if it helps to soothe our members' nerves, we welcome such initiatives. But the public forum, for a while at least, will try to return to where it was before: Bond, movies, television and if needs be, yes, ghost hunting too.

We hope that our members can appreciate our attempts to steer the forum clear from potential self-harm and a loss of identity. It's a Bond forum first and foremost; we have some wonderful reviews of the Bond films to read, some fine games to play, some interesting news to catch up with and a lot of speculating to do concerning Bond 25...

Thank you, friends, for your contributions.

The Mod team
This discussion has been closed.