Eurocom makes the case for 'Reloaded' against tough competition

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited November 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 1,380
Eurocom, developers of the new "GoldenEye 007: Reloaded" videogame, are making the case that the James Bond title should still be on gamer's shopping lists despite being sandwiched between two AAA flagship titles: "Battlefield 3" and "Modern Warfare 3".

Project manager and writer Robert Matthews spoke to <a href="http://www.oxm.co.uk/35475/interviewseurocom-talks-turning-goldeneye-into-call-of-duty/?page=1"; target="_blank">Official Xbox Magazine</a> to explain why you should buy it: "It's got a great mix of action, stealth, the multiplayer's really well catered for, comparable to all the other games out there. So if you want something that's slightly different yet still familiar, that's got that great James Bond feeling, then GoldenEye is the game for you really."

"There's a great single player campaign, but there's also the MI6 ops for single player, and all the great multiplayer stuff including splitscreen, so as a package it's really great value. We've tried to make it the best Bond experience that we can."

The game hit store shelves in the USA today, and is due out in the UK on Friday.

Comments

I feel bad for Eurocom because they don't decide when the game is released. The game is great (from what I've played so far) and it deserves to get more attention. Activision is not pure evil but I don't get the way the treat the Bond license for which they payed a ton for! I understood releasing Quantum of Solace in November to tie in with the film, but Bond is not a Holiday release anymore, and would most likely do very well in the spring
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    At least they gave the game a full year after the original release, that way they increased quality somewhat.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I have to agree with Robert Matthews. This game is great and I'm having a blast playing the MI6 Ops and the Campain; I've only played alittle bit of the multiplayer, but it seems like it's a better version of CoD MW's multiplayer. I'm enjoying Goldeneye 007: Reloaded more than Battlefield 3!
    Does it have a brown filter?

If it doesn't, it's already a cut above the MW3s and BF3s and GOW3s and anything else with a three in the title.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Battlefield 3 was a major let down for me, easily one of the worst single player campaigns ever. Battlefield 2 is a much superior game. Anyhow I'll be trading BF3 for this new Bond game.
    Battlefield 3 was a major let down for me, easily one of the worst single player campaigns ever.
    That's because game developers don't care about the single-player campaign anymore. These games have an increasing focus on multiplayer, so the single-player modes are usually just extended tutorials for the online component.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Battlefield 3 was a major let down for me, easily one of the worst single player campaigns ever.
    That's because game developers don't care about the single-player campaign anymore. These games have an increasing focus on multiplayer, so the single-player modes are usually just extended tutorials for the online component.
    All thanks to Halo and Call of Duty.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Hopefully Reloaded can generate some good sales but it's going to be tough.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I've only played through the freighter level thus far, but the campaign up through now has been a blast - the graphics are great, settings like Zukofsky's club feel very Bond like.. it does play a bit like MW, but with a Bond flair - plus the music, with Arnold's touches are nice - it adds to the Bond feel...

So far so good
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,894
    If it doesn't, it's already a cut above the MW3s and BF3s and GOW3s and anything else with a three in the title.

And anything else with a 3 in the title? That's a bit of a sweeping statement, isn't it?
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 12,837
    the reason why i buy games like assasins creed, just cause, arkham asylum/city, LA noire, uncharted instead of games like cod is that they focus on delivering a brilliant single player expierience. i dont want to play online only to be destroyed by cod nerds with snipers, good hiding spots and a waayyyy better rank than me.

as much as i love battlefield they have the same problem. thats why i like goldeneyek, because its focusing on split screen action.
    the reason why i buy games like assasins creed, just cause, arkham asylum/city, LA noire, uncharted instead of games like cod is that they focus on delivering a brilliant single player expierience. i dont want to play online only to be destroyed by cod nerds with snipers, good hiding spots and a waayyyy better rank than me.
    If only everyone else would adopt this philosophy, the gaming world would be a better place. Why are people like us wrong for not wasting our lives like the COD freaks?
    If only everyone else would adopt this philosophy, the gaming world would be a better place. Why are people like us wrong for not wasting our lives like the COD freaks?
    exactly. i say - cod, if only i could somehow destroy every cod game in the world.

Edit my Moderator: Please avoid swearing.

as much as i love battlefield they have the same problem. thats why i like goldeneyek, because its focusing on split screen action.
    I agree. And even Goldeneye's online isn't anywhere near as bad as CoD or Battlefield's. I think I just decided that Goleneye is currently my favorite FPS; hope HALO Anniversary is going to be good, too.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 7,854
    exactly. i say - cod, if only i could somehow destroy every cod game in the world.
    Sadly, though, if COD didn't exist, we wouldn't have any of the vastly superior COD imitators (GoldenEye and it's Reloaded counterpart being two of them).
    Sadly, though, if COD didn't exist, we wouldn't have any of the vastly superior COD imitators (GoldenEye and it's Reloaded counterpart being two of them).
    i suppose. but cods existence still angers me. in some ways it helped the gaming world (by allowing people to immitate its game style and make better games, eg- goldeneye) and in some ways it ruined it (see my 1st post)
  • the reason why i buy games like assasins creed, just cause, arkham asylum/city, LA noire, uncharted instead of games like cod is that they focus on delivering a brilliant single player expierience. i dont want to play online only to be destroyed by cod nerds with snipers, good hiding spots and a waayyyy better rank than me.

I agree. And even Goldeneye's online isn't anywhere near as bad as CoD or Battlefield's. I think I just decided that Goleneye is currently my favorite FPS; hope HALO Anniversary is going to be good, too.
    i own a ps3, but i played halo reach online at a friends house and it was cool, the online was no where near as bad as cod. goldeneye will probably become my fave FPS when i get it, but my overall favourite game will still be just cause 2, not even assasins creed 2 and brotherhood could top it
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,399
    I do not mind the MW games, from a campaign standpoint - as I feel they are deep and very strong storywise - hell, even WAW had a compelling story-arch over it's campaign...

but my problem with the game, is of course, it's multiplayer.. it's so damned one-sided.. it favors those than run around nonstop and that have great accuracy in firing from the hip... that is it... you can't snipe because of the kill cam.. you can't sneak, because some punk will run up and constantly knife you in the back... it's close quarter insanity at it's best (or worst, depending on how you look at it)

I haven't played GE:RL's multiplayer enough yet to come to firm decision... which, considering the previous 2 multiplayers, is a good thing... it seems a bit 'jumpy' though - or laggy.... not sure if that was the frame rate issue people were talking about previously... but beyond that I don't mind it... and i take it the classic villains are unlockable?...
  • I do not mind the MW games, from a campaign standpoint - as I feel they are deep and very strong storywise
    the one thing i did like about cod was the campaign. i liked cod 4s campaign, mainly because the british were the main guys :) and cod 6 and its ww3 scenario was really intresting. cod 5 i never finished, black ops i didnt even bother buying so i cant comment on those. i also liked the co-op missions, but the multiplayer kinda ruins the overall expeirience for me.
    World At War.. i thought was very strong storywise - though i prefered the bits in Russia, rather than the US side in the pacific - but still, overall.. great stuff..

Black Ops.. very werid, and different approach.. they tried to make a psychological thriller out of a period piece shooting game - that aspect I liked.. i thought the twist was well executed.. but i found it at times to be just a little "hokey" - but overall, storywise, i'd give it a 6/10.. nothing great.. but it wasn't that bad

both MW and MW2 - love both their campaigns.. they've had some awesome standout moments - like Washington DC being a war zone - seeing iconic buildings in ruins.. and also in MW, the nuclear bomb that crashes your helicopter, and you only live long enough to crawl out and witness a nuclear winter... plus the endings to both games were great IMO..
    Cod has a lot of issues but I will be picking up mw3 without fail. I don't care too much about mp but o know at least it's sp will be better than that of BF3's which is a shame because BF2's sp was amazing.
    MW3 will continue what the previous MW's started and it just looks like an incredible game anyway.
    Cod has a lot of issues but I will be picking up mw3 without fail. I don't care too much about mp but o know at least it's sp will be better than that of BF3's which is a shame because BF2's sp was amazing.
    MW3 will continue what the previous MW's started and it just looks like an incredible game anyway.
    when you say Battlefield 2... do you mean Battlefield 2, or Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

Sorry, the latter. BC2 was awesome.
    Sorry, the latter. BC2 was awesome.
    okay lol - just making sure for myself....

yeah, BC2 was awesome... can't wait to see what they have instore for BC3, whenever that is due out.

can't wait to see what they have instore for BC3, whenever that is due out.
    It's out now.
    It's out now.
    No... Battlefield 3 is out now, Battlefield: Bad Company 3 hasn't been confirmed... yet.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,350
    It's out now.
    No... Battlefield 3 is out now, Battlefield: Bad Company 3 hasn't been confirmed... yet.
    Whoops! I misread that. Sorry all.

Note to self: buy better glasses.
    The MW games did have pretty good stories, and, no offense to the Brits here, but the British characters in the MW games didn't appeal to me much (Soap was not cool at all, Gaz was just plain stupid, and I forgot about Ghost more times to count, but the Captain whose last name I forget was pretty cool).

My favorite COD storyline was Black Ops because it had more of a "storyline", at least in my opinion. It wasn't a bunch of war scenarios tacked together with a briefing in between. I also liked the focus on a real main character for Black Ops. With the prior CODs, I never felt like any of the characters because you got to play as too many.
    Aw, really? Ghost was one of my favorites from MW 1 and 2. I was so mad that they killed him in 2!
    edited November 2011 Posts: 7,854
    I thought he looked cool the first time I saw him, but then his "help" was so much less so.

And where was he in MW1?!