Bond props/replicas/displays

2»

Comments

Document from TWINE movie set. Found on Ebay, the size is almost too small for read (personally I can't, but if a genous soul want to transcript...)

DOzXAqW.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @moneyofpropre2 I had re-made the document on the right side there (M to agent 0022) a couple of years ago, if you're after a copy.

More readable image here:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50367570772_b855635f4b_o.png
    Thanks for the image. I would like to translate them in french, will be more easy with it.
    Something to get you started, my friend.
    RESTRICTED

16th January 1999

Agent 0022
    INTERNAL MAIL
    REF: 0940
    CODE: 0022 / HGG

DEAR 0022,
    PLEASE FIND BELOW ORDERS FOR YOUR NEXT ASSIGNMENT.

FLIGHT: ES9844 08.00AM GATWICK RETURN TBA
    ADDRESS: GUINEA AIRPORT
    DETAILS: YOU ARE TO MAKE ENQUIRIES REGARDING THE WHEREABOUTS OF THE TERRORIST
    ORGANISATION K.L.L.P. AND IN PARTICULAR ABOUT ITS LEADER: GENERAL GUDRHA
    KINCHAISA
    SAFETY NET: IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, INITIATE THE C.K.L.O. TRACKING SEQUENCER AND
    HELP WILL BE SENT
    WARNING: DO NOT PUT YOUR TRUST IN ANY GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL AS IT IS LIKELY TO BE
    BETRAYED. DO NOT SLEEP WITHOUT A MOSQUITO NET. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE CONTACT
    WITH M.I.6. BY MEANS OTHER THAN THOSE SPECIFIED

GOOD LUCK!

Yours sincerely,

M
    Thanks; it's helped a lot!
  • Most of the Bond prop items here look legit. Could some be replicas? https://www.icollector.com/Hollywood-Extravaganza-Famous-Movie-Props-Costumes-Auction_as68162
  • QBranch wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum, NSNA! Spewing about the painting. That's one of the few props I haven't honed in on yet and would be cool to get a better look at. Likewise, I've been left gutted in the past after missing out on a few hard-to-find Bond props. Nothing production-made, though! Do you have much of a collection? You should share some pics here, or in the collection thread.
    @QBranch ,I imagine any future Bond fan grandchild of yours will marvel at all your stuff.
    Cheers mate. I hope I'm still around then, to keep them from selling it all :))

The buyer of the painting (not me) would have gone much higher than the final bid, if that is any consolation.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    James Bond’s classic ‘Lotus Esprit from The Spy Who Loved me’ could be yours for £20k – but there’s a catch
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/21337439/james-bond-classic-lotus-esprit-yours-catch/?utm_campaign=native_share&utm_source=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native
    Hi Everyone, Thought some of you might be interested in seeing some (Not all) of my Bond prop replicas. You can also see much more at my website: www.thespyboys.com --Ed Maggiani
    Welcome Ed, I can't see any of your photos uploaded here, but I know you have an amazing collection! Put your photo links between image brackets just like this:

53369106657_d1bd13eb67_o.png

Cheers,
    Quentin Quigley
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    The-Man-With-the-Golden-Gun-439.jpg

Okay I like picking up items identical to movie props. Could be the Parker Jotter pen, for example.

For some time I've been looking for the wood elephant figure from TMWTGG. Searched on and off, but didn't find something close enough to commit.

So a couple months ago I had reason to return to where I'm from in the Catskills, Upstate New York. Stayed in a very small college town, since the 90s my wife and I have frequented a Thai Restaurant there. Kind of an unusual opportunity in the area my wife and I and kids enjoyed across the years. With an inside joke how do they maintain, is it a tax dodge or some other hidden purpose going on. Usually had little or no other diners when we're there, but does regular takeout turns. Knowing the food (Pad Thai is my thing) is always great, as are the folks operating the restaurant.

Anyway, this trip we learned they were closing up shop. We enjoyed ourselves as always, with a healthy tip as our regular business there and then some. And in an area next to the entrance they were having a sale of items as a sort of liquidation. Some appliances and other things.

On an overhead beam were two wooden elephants. I saw them on the way in. On the way out I asked the longtime hostess to assist. She confirmed the price as USD 30.00. I naively asked if I could buy one. Of course they were a pair (and she knew I wanted two anyway, helping me out). So I sealed the deal and brought them south with us as a legacy to family and film.

They're hand carved, variations are seen with the ear and other features. And they're the match I was looking for.

221e2614caeccbacebf25a6908745fc3c8f875e7.pnj

And to me, superior to the example I saw auctioned on Worthpoint.

The-Man-With-the-Golden-Gun-440.jpg