Death Across the Street

edited October 2011 in Fan Creations Posts: 5
The James Bond film series has indeed a very long history. As we all know, 2012 marks the 50th year anniversary of DN.

A couple of weeks ago I began to play with the thought of a Bond movie made 40 years BEFORE DN. That's right, we're back in 1922, the era of the silent films.

A lot of people love to make homemade trailers with high-paced action, and so do I. But this time I turned the pace down and tried to do something different. I put TMWTGG and the horror film Nosferatu from 1922 in my blender and turned it on. Did it blend? Off course. The result became a mixture of Bond, horror and maybe a little smile. :)

Please let me know what you think of it.

Part 1/2

Part 2/2

Comments

• Tremendous I love the music of TB and drac on the ship. Quality. And Roger looks great in B/W as always.

Where have you been Nick of the Nack?
  • Thanks! Barrys work is really beautiful. While doing this project I discovered many new aspects of his score. I've never really paid that much attention to the soundtracks before. I wonder how successful the series would have been if Monty Norman hadn't been replaced?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Superb! I love this. Hope to see more of it soon. Great concept.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    This is absolutely brilliant, @NickNack. Quite fascinating to watch- both times. ;)
  • Thanks! It was very time consuming to do and right now I don't have the time to spare, so it will probably be some time before I make another one.

Which scene did you like the most? I'm very fond of the dinner. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,950
    I find it amusing how Lee all of a sudden cuts the bs when he says "put down the wine list" and Nosferatu peeks over the top. The 'making love to Goodnight' scene (day 12, day 15 etc.) was pretty funny too. The part at the beginning where Lee aims, and Nosferatu looks up at Lee, then runs off was also brilliant. Very clever use of the more suspenseful Bond music, too. I watched Nosferatu about six months ago for the first time (the version with the industrial gothic score) and I thought it was awesome. So, to mix old-school horror with a Bond film starring Christopher Lee (of all people) is another kind of awesome altogether. Hope to see more of your work in future. :)
    Good job. My favorite part was when Goodnight sees the "creepy man" Loved it.