The Man from U.N.C.L.E.: original series & films

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Right now even though he's still big, he's not as big and buff as he was in MoS and needs to be for the sequel. I think he's maintaining the mass he's carrying so once he finishes PP on UNCLE he won't have to spend much time bulking and cutting.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    No doubt. I'm a personal trainer and have competed in fitness competitions for the past 25 years. A great deal of planning and scheduling goes into showing up in the desired condition. Whenever that is, I'm sure it's a consideration.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Filming ends on this film is December and begins on Superman/Batman in February.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He'll be ready.
    Filming at the Goodwood racetrack in England for the Italian Grand Prix sequences has begun. Rumor has it that some filming will take place in Wales as well.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 1,708
    For those of us who love the music from UNCLE, Bond and Spy-Fi in general here is an astonishing internet radio station.

Secret Agent Radio at:

http://www.accuradio.com/#!/channel/4fa45f680d11400762000b02/

Which includes the "Open Channel D" station.
  • delfloria wrote:
    Filming at the Goodwood racetrack in England for the Italian Grand Prix sequences has begun. Rumor has it that some filming will take place in Wales as well.

They are currently filming at Goodwood motor circuit till Sat, is the Wales shoot schedule for next week or is it happening at the same time as Goodwood via 2nd unit?
    Hi Laney,

Not sure what the schedule is for the Wales shoot but it does seem to be 2nd unit.

[img][/img]SafariScreenSnapz031_zps04979bf4.png

The girls at the track are capturing the 60's style.

Laney, I think this is one of yours. Hard to keep track of where all this is coming from now.
  • Yep, they are from a group of models from Premier Model Management who are extras in the film!
    1af9f84e374c11e393af22000a9e05e8_7.jpg
    fac5eff6374b11e3ab4c22000a1faffd_7.jpg
    3fff43d8374711e3bc6c22000a9f38d4_7.jpg
    5f7871b236a711e38d4922000aeb11ae_7.jpg
    10d922fe36a711e38ddc22000a9f15db_7.jpg
    e80392a636a611e38c1322000a1fb036_7.jpg
    04d265ae366311e3953322000aeb0b99_8.jpg

Just for future reference what can and can't be posted here, just asking this because noticed delfloria's last pic the 2 girls in the back are blurred out i assume because they were giving the finger but it was done as a joke not them being vindictive so is there specific rules or go by your own instinct!

• edited October 2013 Posts: 1,708
    Laney,

I self censored the photo myself before I posted it because I just didn't think it was very indicative of what "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." is about.

Looks like rain because of the plastic bags and towels the girls are wearing between takes.
  • Just wondering of all the pics why you choose that one? LOL!

The girls are wearings aprons especially when eating and towels so as not to dirty their clothes, they've been in costume all day, their call times are 5.30 in the morning!
  • doubleoego wrote:

She's the reporter from http://www.bestmovie.it that had an exclusive set visit.

Looks like there will be some scenes shot at Greenwich university next week.

@MizzSeychellois
    hehehe Guy Ritchie's coming to my uni next week for his new film!! AND IT STARS HENRY CAVILL!!! if i see him, :') I can't even :')

#ManfromUNCLE RT @Endless_Fighter this will film on campus next week. EXCUSE me while I go drool over Henry Cavill and Hugh Grant

@mani1x
    So just found out that it was Hugh Grant filming at uni yesterday and he's going to be here all week!Aahhh #greenwich https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWsbWaiCAAA3SkQ.jpg:large

@JoeTannian Guy Ritchie is at Greenwich next Thursday filming his new film!! Hes like my favourite director! Gotta catch a glimpse of it

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I also just posted this on the RIP, show your respect thread:

Re, from my childhood, The Girl from U.N.C.L.E. -
    I just read this on BBC news website:

RIP to wonderful Noel Harrison, someone I had a tremendous crush on in The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. and who always seemed like a nice, easygoing person. He also had a huge hit in the sixties with the song, Windmills of Your Mind. Yes, he was Rex's son, but he carved out his own niche. He had moved back to south Devon in the last decade or so. He was 79.
    So long Mark Slate........ RIP.

Check out this new interview with Robert Vaughn talking about the new feature film.

http://henrycavill.org/en/exclusive/interviews-articles/item/826-exclusive-interview-with-robert-vaughn
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 4,622
    delfloria wrote:
    For those of us who love the music from UNCLE, Bond and Spy-Fi in general here is an astonishing internet radio station.

Secret Agent Radio at:

http://www.accuradio.com/#!/channel/4fa45f680d11400762000b02/

Which includes the "Open Channel D" station.

great find!! best internet radio ever!! there are 3 great selections of particular interest to bond and uncle fans - namely the dedicated 007 station and the dedicated uncle station ( Open Channel D), plus the "secret agent radio" which provides a variety of secret agent music. This is great stuff to put on while perusing the boards. The general secret agent radio is now playing Komodo Dragon from SF soundtrack, preceded by some old Girl From Uncle music. Now its playing The Man From Uncle Second Season opening theme, followed by Adele's Skyfall vocal. I may never turn it off!

edit. Actually "Open Channel D" radio is a collection of various spy soundtrack music, including Uncle but not only Uncle.
    "Channel 007" is Bond only though. Currently playing Shirley Bassey's Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, followed by Miami International from CR

==and yes so long Mark Slate (Noel Harrison). An exemplary Uncle agent.
    10074757-large.jpg
    Secret Agent Radio is AMAZING!

Today UNCLE is filming at Greenwich University. It's being used for the car chase that occurs in East Berlin.
  • New #UNCLE location for next week! The Historic Dockyard Chatham in Kent.

http://www.thedockyard.co.uk/NetsiteCMS/pageid/600/film_trail.html

@andrewmackness All quiet in the dockyard ready for next weeks filming of Guy Ritchie's Man from Uncle

• edited October 2013 Posts: 4,622
    from above dockyard link:
    "The Historic Dockyard Chatham has been used for many cinematic and televisual productions - ranging from Les Miserables (2012) and The Golden Compass (2007) to Call the Midwife and The Antiques Roadshow.

Cinema
    ■Les Miserables (2012)
    ■Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)
    ■Veer (2010)
    ■Sherlock Holmes (2009)
    ■The Bank Job (2008)
    ■Pierrepoint (2005)
    ■The Golden Compass (2007)
    ■Amazing Grace (2006)
    ■Children of Men (2006)
    ■Vanity Fair (2004)
    The World is Not Enough (1999)
    ■The Mummy (1999)
    Diamonds Are Forever (1971)"
    Can't place the DAF dockyard scene. TWINE is easy though. Presumably the battle at Zukovsky's caviar factory.
  • Fan video of filming on Friday:

• Also, at least three Bond locations being used in the UNCLE movie:

1. Hankley Commons
    2. Dockyards
    3. Warner Bros-Levesden (originally constructed for GoldenEye).
    Thanks for the updates. Cool video.

Hard to tell what is going to happen with the U.N.C.L.E. logo this time around. On location the Italian crew were given security badges with a modified U.N.C.L.E. insignia. Does this foreshadow the use a new insignia for the film........who knows??????
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,115
    Question was posed quite some time ago whether Bond had been to Rome (given the UNCLE movie filming there).

Anyway, there may have been a reference in Live And Let Die to Bond being in Rome. I think M says, "The Italians were most impressed with the way you handled the Rome affair." Said Rome Affair (shades of an UNCLE episode title) took place off screen.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Look what I've found! Another thread on this subject:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/6243/guy-ritchie-doing-u.n.c.l.e.-movie-with-cruise

Thanks for the update guys! Can't wait for the film.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 2,115
    Note about the original show. This month will mark the 49th anniversary of the first pairing of William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy:

http://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/02/49th-anniversary-of-the-first-shatner-nimoy-pairing/
    From the 2nd unit production manager:

2nd unit now shooting scenes in Wales.

• delfloria wrote:
    From the 2nd unit production manager:

2nd unit now shooting scenes in Wales.

Pics from 2nd unit shoot
    BYSPkSXIgAAqwC8.jpg
    BYSgRTlIYAAczZX.jpg:large
    BYUyl8kIYAAc0QD.jpg:large
    BYU4k1KIYAAl9vj.jpg:large
    via @pj6087

• edited November 2013 Posts: 60
    1st unit is shooting at London Docklands this week!

@AdultCellist
    @Laneyboggs2001 They've set up a film set in London Docklands, night filming some car/speedboat scenes. Just started tonight so will see! :)

@samanthaself Filming The Man From U.N.C.L.E being filmed next door :) BYQgpyWIcAAv3EN.jpg:large

@dalekoracle @cowboystyle The filming of The Man From UNCLE. Expect gun battles & boat chases most nights this week! Henry Cavill stars.

BYVIEwQIUAEwRIO.jpg:large
    BYVI1jgIYAAa23A.jpg:large
    via @dpwestwood

Thank you Laney for the photos.

Update: It’s pouring rain at the Wales forest location today. Tough going.