Big Chief Studios 1:6 Scale 007 figures.

Comments

Any updates on when the Dr. No Connery figure will be released or a sneak peek at the Dalton figure? Was hoping they would be out by Christmas.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    TR007 wrote: »
    Any updates on when the Dr. No Connery figure will be released or a sneak peek at the Dalton figure? Was hoping they would be out by Christmas.
    Still waiting for the Dr. No Connery myself!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have head on the grapevine that BCS are switching to a kickstarter approach to what gets made (an announcement is apparently imminent). That has me worried about two of BCS' lines. This mean that I might not get my hands on a Dalton Bond figure, or a 7th Doctor figure in their Doctor Who line, seeing as both are among the less popular incarnations of their respective characters.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    This mean that I might not get my hands on a Dalton Bond figure, or a 7th Doctor figure in their Doctor Who line, seeing as both are among the less popular incarnations of their respective characters.

Well, they'll both get my backing.
    @MajorDSmythe Thanks for sharing. Any idea why they’re going to be going down that route with their production? Do you think they’ll still be producing Bond products?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe Thanks for sharing. Any idea why they’re going to be going down that route with their production? Do you think they’ll still be producing Bond products?

No word yet on when it is happening. I think it will be safe to assume that BCS will continue with the Bond line. But the change is regarding what gets made. BCS have already announced that DN will follow LALD, and then a set covering both Dalton films will follow DN. I'm hoping that there has been no change to those plans.
    Just saw it and now I’m damn excited. :D

@bondjames. Something right up your alley, mate.
    Woo! Very exciting :)
    If there is, I want Dalton in his first tuxedo (shawl lapels) from TLD, the WA2000 sniper rifle with him, as well as the gauntlet, the ammunition carrier, and - if it’s possible to include Saunders - the nightvision binoculars with him. I think that’d be thrilling.
    No word on the Dalton set yet, but as per the schedule, it's coming next. I'm curious to see how Honey will be dressed, and using what body.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

@ClarkDevlin, I saw a Connery figure a few months back in a black dinner jacket with cigarette in hand. If that's still on the cards, then I'm quite chuffed. I haven't been able to locate any photos of it online at present but am definitely looking forward to it.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 15,423
    bondjames wrote: »

@ClarkDevlin, I saw a Connery figure a few months back in a black dinner jacket with cigarette in hand. If that's still on the cards, then I'm quite chuffed. I haven't been able to locate any photos of it online at present but am definitely looking forward to it.
    Yes, it's precisely that one. The pictures of that particular Connery figure we've seen months back was a prototype model at an exhibition awaiting approval. Seeing as BIG Chief officially announced it, now, I think we're bound to get it on the shelves, soon. Likely next year.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »

Yes, it's precisely that one. The pictures of that particular Connery figure we've seen months back was a prototype model at an exhibition awaiting approval. Seeing as BIG Chief officially announced it, now, I think we're bound to get it on the shelves, soon. Likely next year.
    That would be great. I really liked what I saw of the prototype. It's archetypal Bond (and Connery).
    edited October 2018 Posts: 13,866
    A look at the 13th Doctor, Connery:Bond (DN), Parker & Lady Penelope as well as the new business model explained:

A look at the 13th Doctor, Connery:Bond (DN), Parker & Lady Penelope as well as the new business model explained:

Gonna watch this tomorrow. Met Mark earlier this year at Collectormania and he confirmed to me then that the Bond figures will now come in sets of 2 instead of 3. He also said that the next 2 releases would be the 2 Dalton movies.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Gonna watch this tomorrow. Met Mark earlier this year at Collectormania and he confirmed to me then that the Bond figures will now come in sets of 2 instead of 3. He also said that the next 2 releases would be the 2 Dalton movies.

Very interesting interview, Launch pad sounds a good idea and at least you will know what is going on. Connery figure looks excellent!!!
    Shame they haven’t announced the Connery figure yet. I would have put money down on it as a timely Christmas treat.
    Shame they haven’t announced the Connery figure yet. I would have put money down on it as a timely Christmas treat.

I would imagine from what I understand ? It will be a quality issue with suppliers to ensure at what they cost? The customer is more than happy with their purchase.
    Looks like this line will be canned due to low sales ?
    Really? That would be such a shame.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Tracy wrote: »

Well they're too bloody expensive! £250-£300 for what is essentially a doll is ridiculous. I don't care how realistic it is.

Eon were better off going the action figure route. Not sure who makes them but those Game Of Thrones figures are beautifuly detailed display models and around £10. Slightly more acquirerable...

Well they're too bloody expensive! £250-£300 for what is essentially a doll is ridiculous. I don't care how realistic it is.

Eon were better off going the action figure route. Not sure who makes them but those Game Of Thrones figures are beautifuly detailed display models and around £10. Slightly more acquirerable...

Agreed. I have some of the Sideshow figures, which aren't brilliant, and they were dear enough! There are great figures out there for other franchises that are excellent but not this expensive!
    There is talk around the 1:6 community about BCS pulling the plug on the line. Apparently, they are offering a 3 for 2 deal. I was worried for this line, when they introduced the new business model. If Connery:GF wasn't a big enough seller, what chance does any other figure in the line have?
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Agreed. I have some of the Sideshow figures, which aren't brilliant, and they were dear enough! There are great figures out there for other franchises that are excellent but not this expensive!

Exactly. I still have some of those McFarland horror figures and they're incredibly detailed.

Would love the Bond film characters as detailed 6/7 inch figures. What an amazing collection that could be.
    GF Connery was a strange choice to start the line on. Surely the DN Connery with tux is far more iconic and would be more desirable given the price of these figures. They didn’t put their best foot forward when starting this range.
    They also gave Nov/Dec as a rough date for the DN Connery figure, I had set aside some money to treat myself to that as an Xmas gift but that time has come and gone. It’s such a shame that Big Chief have seemed to squander such an incredible license.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's also worth remembering, the figure will have to get enough people buying one for it to be produced.

The first figures from Thunderbirds using the new modal only sold 322 of the required 700 in 60 days.

People need to buy the figures for more to be made, so it’s up to us fans really.

Live and Let Die figures should be out soon. Who knows after that.
    Sure, but unfortunately they haven’t really put their best foot forward with that. I’d rather shell out cash for a DN Connery or a LTK Dalton, CR Craig than an Oddjob or Goldfinger. Their initial line choices have been very strange, hence why they are now selling them as 2 for the price of 1.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This came from EON Productions. They wanted the 'classic' films for the fans. It's a shame the fans don't seem to want them or save up for them. If they were a success everything else would be made in time.

Bond from Dr. No will come in time. I hope it's made. As a fan if I could only have one, this is it.

They only figure I think would sell with the general public is Daniel Craig in black dinner jacket. Everything else is so niche.
    Well I hope they haven't screwed the line up? As I am paid up and await my LALD set. Not a fan of their launch pad idea? So I guess we will have to wait and see?