Big Chief Studios 1:6 Scale 007 figures.

Comments

Dolls?

giphy.gif

At the prices they go for, they are not dolls, they are not toys, they are collectors items. And sexuality has nothing to do with it, if you want a 1:6 scale collectible of a character/actor/actress you like, you buy 'em.

:)) That's very Expendables effects! =D>
    I'm sorry, I might be gay, but I have to say this......

....are there really so many 'masculine', 'macho', and 'tough' men with big, healthy testicles.....who actually like dolls? Who actually like to own Barbie's over-expensive Ken-doll :-S.

only if I can look up her skirt,GG .

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Reviews of BCS's latest figure (the 9th Doctor) have started trickling though. This will give an indication as to where their quality is at, at this time:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-120516a.htm

The neck is a touch too long, and lacks detail, but there doesn't look like there is anything serious to be worried about.
    Really looking forward to seeing these new Bond figures even though the cost is quite eye watering? They NEED to be excellent in terms of detail!
  • Wow.
    Bond will be mine.

As I predicted though, with some exceptions I won't be getting any of the villains. Just too damned expensive!

I'm drooling at how the (hopefully) eventual Dalton one will look! That was the worst Sideshow one by far!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It would be nice if we could see All of Connery's face and not his profile.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Those look great. They've got Connery's stance and Sakata's face perfect . Frobe looks a bit mean compared to the real deal though.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 13,866
    They do look fantastic, but along with the Doctor Who range, there is going to be a lot of cherry picking going on for me. There are other 1:6 figures I buy, the price on them and what Bond films they choose will determine which ones I will buy.
  • Right, MajorDSmythe- one problem with the Sideshow line: so far they're 3 for 3 with repeating characters!
    Maybe Red Grant, or Donald Pleasence/ Charles Gray Blofeld may have been a better choice for first villain.

I hope they make a Silva with alternate toothless head!
  • Actually I take that back- I don't think they made Goldfinger
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    No. They made Oddjob I believe.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 13,866
    Sideshow didn't make GF. They did make Connery:Bond from GF (and Pussy Galore):

7705R_press01-001.jpg

As for Dalton, despite BCS saying that they intend on getting around to all of the Bonds, I wouldn't hold my breath. At the rate BCS make these figures, and Daltons "importance" in the Bond actor line up, I would be very surprised if it wan't a looooooooooooooooooong wait for them to make a Dalton figure (and that is if the line survives long enough).
  • Right I had confused myself with the Telly Blofeld. In my head I was picturing Goldfinger (my brain acts up sometimes)

They made Bond, Pussy & Oddjob, but no GF.

@MajorDSmythe what are your thoughts on getting a Lazenby then? More or less likely than Dalton?

I'd laugh if they did two Moores: like a LALD and a AVTAK one! They'd need vastly different sculpts, wouldn't they!
    Same with Connery, if they decided to do DAF. Hell, they'd need a larger body for that one....

@Master_Dahark , I would put the chances of a Lazenby figure, about the same as Dalton. If the line gets that far, and BCS will probably alternate a few times between Connery, Moore, Brosnan & Craig, then if the line is still viable, they'll attempt Dalton and Lazenby.

I don't want to have such a grim outlook on the line, but I would rather expect no Dalton & Lazenby and get them, than to expect them and not get them.

I feel the exact same way about the 7th Doctor (it could be a long wait).

Very true on the Connery in DAF and Moore in LALD/AVTAK. The headsculpt for the latter MUST have this expression:

http://screenmusings.org/movie/dvd/A-View-to-a-Kill/images/A-View-to-a-Kill-148.jpg

;)
    I am impressed with them! Better get saving!!!! :-bd
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Obviously I'm not interested in the villains, but the first thing I'd do is to get the Connery Bond. It looks better and on point than any of the previous attempts made. Does anyone know at what range of price each come in?
    Obviously I'm not interested in the villains, but the first thing I'd do is to get the Connery Bond. It looks better and on point than any of the previous attempts made. Does anyone know at what range of price each come in?

Going on the other 1:6 scale figures on pre-order at present i think you are looking towards £175 to £250 which is a heck of a lot of money! I am just wondering when they are available to pre-order? Seeing as they are available somepoint early 2017?
  • They are £170-£190 in their Sherlock & Dr Who ranges depending on accessories etc.

I have most of their output. They are getting better and better but they are not Hot Toys quality yet (compare Hot Toys Dr Strange to their Sherlock).

They have promised to make all the Doctor Whos but at 1 or 2 a year it will take some time. To get all the Bonds out will take 6 - 10 years I imagine. That's a long time to keep a licence.

They also have the licence to Penny Dreadful (although they may regret that now it's finished). If work had already started on Eva and Dalton then perhaps they could use those as a starting point for Bond versions.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Going on the other 1:6 scale figures on pre-order at present i think you are looking towards £175 to £250 which is a heck of a lot of money! I am just wondering when they are available to pre-order? Seeing as they are available somepoint early 2017?
    It's available to preorder in February 2017 according to their official Facebook page.

I just wish though that they'd be making a smaller version of a scale figure, too. You know, something around 3.9 inches... I very much prefer that size over something really big of an action figure.
    Cheers for the info Crumptonmp and you ClarkDevilin! I will put this intelligence to good use!!! ;) B-)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    150292167904025965ba89728b54d971.jpg

Other than the problematic looking tie, they're coming along nicely.
    I am really looking forward to getting hold of these! I wonder who will be next and from which film?
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Ok, time for my pie in the sky want list...

Sir Tim of Dalton circa The Living Daylights in his Bratislava leather jacket outfit.
    Fiona Volpe. I suppose the motorcycle outfit would be the most logical. And Largo might be fun.
    Camille from Quantom of Solace. Basically because I would like an Olga Kurylenko figure.
    And of course Daniel Craig in a suit of some description.

Apart form the latter I doubt they will happen.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Incredibly detailed figures & accessories. They even tried to replicate the colour scheme on Bond's watch strap, instead of having a generic watch.

I'm really tempted to buy this.
    Why is there no Pussy? Not politically correct these days, I suppose.
    @bondjames, that's only the first wave. There are too many characters soon to come out. These three won't be the only ones.
    Ok, thanks @ClarkDevlin. Makes sense.