New Charlies Angels

edited October 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,341
anyone watch or tried to watch that new Charlies Angels? What the hell were they thinking?
What made them think this would be a good idea?
I watched the first episode and have not felt that bad since the Lost Finale. it was painful to watch.
Minka Kelly is hot, I loved her on Friday Night Lights but this new show:
Bad writing
Mediocre acting
All around a sh*tty show.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It lasted 8 episodes. I think we can say no one liked it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am the master of predicting show cancellations. I picked CA to be knocked off the minute I heard it was coming on the air. I now have Suburgatory lined up for cancellation.
    Eh, I'm not too fussed. There's plenty of good shows out there - RINGER and PERSON OF INTEREST have my undivided at the moment - so I won't complain too much if the reinvented CHARLIE'S ANGELS doesn't see the light of day. Although to here some Australian media sources tell it, its cancellation is apparently a major disaster because it is a step backwards for some Australian actor or another who wants to make it big in Hollywood.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 40,498
    Television kind of blows me away these days. If 'The Walking Dead' or NHL isn't on, then count me out. They seem to put four or five new shows on TV every 43 seconds (this is probably a fact), and a great portion of them get cancelled. I mean...a reboot of 'Charlie's Angels'? The movies were already bad enough, who thought it was a good idea to reboot this? Just stuns me anymore.
    It was a struggle to even watch the 1st episode of the new show, I did not make it to the end so bad was it.
    Having just watched the first three episodes, the last two were much better I thought. I know that didn't take much but still it was an improvement.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Having not seen the series, I can't comment. But there's allready been a Charlies Angels reboot in all but name. She Spies, anyone?

Having just watched the first three episodes, the last two were much better I thought. I know that didn't take much but still it was an improvement.
    You Sir, are a truly tough person for watching three episodes. I hope it does not leave any lasting mental damage. :-D
    You Sir, are a truly tough person for watching three episodes. I hope it does not leave any lasting mental damage. :-D
    On second thoughts the third was the only decent episode. I'll watch the other five at some point and report back...

No lasting damage, yet.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I knew this show wouldn't last. It looked horrible and they ruined Bosley by making him young. I liked the first movie but the second one was horrible.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,450
    The biggest mistake there make with some new tv series be if it Flop on USA TV or in there eyes cost to much money whyle it cost the same money as earlier there quite, whyle some tv series be a big succes in Europe. In specialy if you give them some time and give some series atleast 3 seasons with a end. To give a resent example: The Event from the creaters of 24. It have more viewers then 24 and flops in the Usa for the same reasen why Season 6 of 24 flops. I think there should have made a second and third season.

Another example be Knight Rider, it not be a remake but a sequel to the original series aka Season 5. Offical there plan 24 episodes, but include the longer pilot it have 18 episodes. Also there cancel some chacter before the end, stupid. The return of K.A.R.R be a very good idea. Stil there should have made a second season of this new series include more episodes with Hasselhof. The 2th and 4th seasons of the first 4 seasons of Knight Rider be best seasons.

Exeptions be that Heroes quite after 2 seasons in The Netherlands whyle there made 4 seasons.

Don't expect that we get this Charlies Angels series on Dutch tv, stil i think it be shame not finishing it if you already start. If you don't whant spend the money or based what you spend on making 13 episodes don't start.
    Where is the creativity? FX is the only network that has some "balls". They have good shows and they push the envelope. Justified, Damages, Nip Tuck (early on) just to name a few. Amerioca Horror Story is scary and really racy. Need more TV like this.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Where is the creativity? FX is the only network that has some "balls". They have good shows and they push the envelope. Justified, Damages, Nip Tuck (early on) just to name a few. Amerioca Horror Story is scary and really racy. Need more TV like this.
    The AMC channel has been doing the same lately as well. "The Walking Dead" (currently my favorite show on TV) and now they're doing a wild west show called "Hell on Wheels", which looks pretty good.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Minka Kelly is pretty, that's the best way to describe the show. Everything else was complete garbage, the acting, the writing, etc.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,894

Exactly what this show is missing. [-(