SPECTRE: And what would you like to maintain for Bond #25?

13»

Comments

• It's a bit of a double-edged sword with Spectre, and the whole Craig series, actually. Some things that they've introduced definitely deserve to come back; others have painted them into a corner.

In all, I think they've done a great job, post-reboot, of setting up the whole cast of characters - Felix, the MI-6 team, etc. The only real shame was killing off Mathis. So for 25, I'd be happy to see M, Moneypenny, and Q back.

In some way I like that they've increasingly turned Bond into a prestige piece, and so another thing I'd like to see return is EON spending $ on getting big talent behind the camera. From Deakins to van Hoytema . . . great.

More generally, I liked some of Spectre's casting choices. So although I don't need Madeline or Hinx to return, I would like 25 to feature a classically beautiful Bond girl and a larger-than-life Henchman. We haven't had that in a while.

Otherwise . . . I think 25 is largely going to be defined in opposition to Spectre. SP was big, expensive, bloated, over-the-top, so whatever elements from SP return in 25 will have to be in service of defining the latter film and not calling back to the former.