The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Venutius wrote: »
    Yes, absolutely - Bernard Lee was perfect casting. I do think Fiennes is the ideal actor to play M in this era, so the next bloke's got his work cut out. Unless it's Fiennes again (this time as Sir Miles Messervy), obvs... ;)

I really like Fiennes as well. I thought he was at his best in NTTD.

I'm now in the mood for a James Bond movie where he survives and gets laid a lot for a man his age.....................

A VIEW TO A KILL.

I like the office scene with Q's little robot toy. Very 1985.

When I was a kid the Eiffel Tower bit was one of my favorite scenes in the series.

I had a blast seeing this film with my folks one Sunday matinee, in May of '85.

My dad loved it, but my mom thought the scene in the mines as Zorin shoots his crew was too disturbingly violent for Bond. Especially Roger Moore's Bond.

Bond needles Tibbett at the chateau The audience roared into laughter every time Roger made a quip here.
    I love the scene with Tibbett and Bond sneaking around the stables. The lab and warehouse underneath. Great stuff.
    The fight is a bit sloppy, though.
    I wonder who doubles for Bond on the horse as Zorin's henchmen are attacking him? I'll guess Paul Weston. Kind of looks like Paul Weston.
    Cool seeing Sir Roger's Bond in scuba gear. I love underwater scenes in the Bonds. Wish Craig had done some scuba scenes..........or skiing..............or parachuting ( well I suppose there is that bit in SPECTRE ).
    Bond's opponents during the fight at Stacey's mansion don't look that intimidating. One guy reminds me a little of Lou Costello.
    Stacey could've taken them on herself and Bond simply watch. Just like he did with Hip's nieces.
    I like that he says "Bond, James Bond" twice. I prefer his second line delivery to Stacey in the fire truck, though.
    I actually like the fire truck chase as silly as it is. It's not overly long, just silly.
    I find it pretty funny.
    I love when Bond steals a jacket to disguise himself. Roger Moore looks great in the Zorin jacket.
    Barry's cue during the Project Main Strike section is one of my favorite cues in Bond history. I love this theme.
    Sometimes I forget how exciting the bulk of SF is until I pop it back in.
    I think the shot of Mayday being blown up looked more realistic than the shot of Bond being blown up by missiles in NTTD.
    Mayday's death looked like a real explosion and not CGI. That's because it was,
    I like how Zorin nods his head when he laughs at Bond's expense.
    A little soap here, a little soap there.
    Drat I dropped the soap

I'll get it........

THAT is not the soap
    Oh James..........

Haha OOHH!
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Bond's opponents during the fight at Stacey's mansion don't look that intimidating. One guy reminds me a little of Lou Costello.
    That older guy who at one point tries to talk to Bond (I imagine him saying "now wait a minute") before Bond backslaps him?

The music in that scene is off the charts.

Barry's cue during the Project Main Strike section is one of my favorite cues in Bond history. I love this theme.
    You mean that music that sounds like doomsday? (Destroy Silicon Valley)
  • edited February 2022 Posts: 6,829
    When I was a kid the Eiffel Tower bit was one of my favorite scenes in the series.

My dad loved it, but my mom thought the scene in the mines as Zorin shoots his crew was too disturbingly violent for Bond. Especially Roger Moore's Bond.

Bond needles Tibbett at the chateau The audience roared into laughter every time Roger made a quip here.

It did annoy me that Zorin was allowed to machine gun the crew mercilessly, yet when Bond takes on the thugs in Staceys house, the gun is loaded with rocksalt!!
    Am watching some of the winter Olympics, and reminded of how ahead of the curve Bond was in the pts with the cool snowboarding scene. Still love that opener, the setting was stunning!
    I love the scene with Tibbett and Bond sneaking around the stables. The lab and warehouse underneath. Great stuff.

A bit???
    I wonder who doubles for Bond on the horse as Zorin's henchmen are attacking him? I'll guess Paul Weston. Kind of looks like Paul Weston.

My favourite scene in the movie!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

A bit???

LOL. After dealing with the likes of Jaws, Gobinda and Tee Hee, Bond is having too much trouble here, same with Tibbett. \
    mattjoes wrote: »
    That older guy who at one point tries to talk to Bond (I imagine him saying "now wait a minute") before Bond backslaps him?

The music in that scene is off the charts.

You mean that music that sounds like doomsday? (Destroy Silicon Valley)

Great soundtrack.
    Yeah . I thought one guy looked like Lou Costello and the other, Carl Perkins.
    Mathis1 wrote: »

It did annoy me that Zorin was allowed to machine gun the crew mercilessly, yet when Bond takes on the thugs in Staceys house, the gun is loaded with rocksalt!!
    Am watching some of the winter Olympics, and reminded of how ahead of the curve Bond was in the pts with the cool snowboarding scene. Still love that opener, the setting was stunning!

I love the PTS, too. Oddly, I don't mind the California Girls bit. I can remember the audience laughing at that moment. Perhaps audiences were more vocal in the ;80's?
    Everyone I knew who had gone to see AVTAK back in '85 seemed to love it. It was a lot of fun. I don't remember anyone complaining that Sir Roger looked too old (well, maybe the critics?), they all loved Walken and Grace Jones.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Yeah . I thought one guy looked like Lou Costello and the other, Carl Perkins.
    :))
  • edited February 2022 Posts: 15,840
    NO TIME TO DIE

After some heavy rain that melted what little snow we had left, another storm came in and I awoke to some ice.
    In respect for the iced over lake Madeleine nearly drowns in, I drove to work on some icy roads.
    Therefore I'm in the mood for this epic Bond adventure, if nothing else, to see the icy PTS Safin opening.

Well that was great and worth the viewing.

The Vesper grave scene I still find moving.

I'm on the fence as far as the teal color grading goes.

On one hand, I fell Bond and Madeleine's faces look a bit purplish in the Aston martin chase scene.
    On the other hand, this kind of reminds me of the old three strip Technicolor process from the 1930's. It's bright and vibrant.

Decision made: I love it!

Damn this song has grown on me.
    Beautiful titles. Kleinman once again outdoes himself.

I wonder if it's going to take me 15 years to get over my deceased loved one and meet someone new like Bond does with Madeleine? My dearly departed would've found that comment quite funny. She'd probably suggest I don't wait for 15 years like Daniel Craig and find someone new sooner than later. Tough act to follow, though. I suppose Craig's Vesper was, too.

Thus film really does convey all those deep emotions. Craig plays Bond wonderfully in this film.
    The Jamaica scenes are superb. This put a smile on my face in the cinema.
    Of the five Craig Bonds I think he looks his best in this film.
    I love the night club scene with Felix and Logan.
    Logan acts like a dork in front of Bond.

YOU"RE THE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think Bond has wonderful rapport with Nomi.
    These scenes immediately remind me of Fleming and classic Bond.

Bond addresses M as Mallory. Perhaps in his mind Judi Dench was the only true M?
    Interesting.

Felix, I'm in.................

Haha! He's in!!!!!
    Paloma elevates this Bond film several notches.
    I love the music during the wine cellar scene..........and we see Bond in formal attire.
    I really like The SPECTRE birthday bash section. Great music and ambience.
    Paloma kicking everyone's ass.
    Great stuff!
    I think......what's his name who plays Logan Ash? Looking it up......................
    Billy Magnussen DUH!!!!!!!!

I think he should be recast as the next Bond's Felix.
    The way Jock Mahoney was cast as Tarzan after appearing as a villain in Gordon Scott's last Tarzan flick.

The Ash/Felix/ Bond boat scene is intense.

The fight is with Ash is pretty damn brutal. Wonderful.

Had to go do fix some coffee during the Felix death scene. :(

Now we get the big Bond is back moment.

It would've been funny if Bond had Kara's cello case in his back seat.

No, that would've been too much.