The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,841
    I need to get The World is Not Enough crest moto framed.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    OHMSS is the Masterpiece of the Bond series.
    I am extremely fit ( I incorporate a lot of body weight training into my program) and have total appreciation for the cable scene that takes a lot of core strength and George is doing a lot of this stunt, total respect.

I dead hang most day's it takes a lot to do it for two or three minutes.

Obviously George has edits.
    This film emotionally impact's more than any other.
    Watching Licence to Kill arguably the most underrated film in the series.
    The sky dive scene after they sky hook Sanchez's plane is amazing.
    This is top tier Bond, love his film.
    Great theme especially in the 80's.
    Watching OHMSS and LTK makes me realise that NTTD is a million miles from these films.

NTTD is is competing in the Brosnan era bracket of Bond films.
    I have been debating as to whether NTTD is better than GE. GE is the better film.

Though NTTD score is really good.
    Sanchez is such a great villain , the fact that he is likable adds o that.
    Watching NTTD the pre title sequence is fast becoming one of my favourite, I wish the rest of the film Sustained this level.
    DC elevates himself in this scene, this is pure epic Bond.
    Pre title for NTTD is amazing, a great short movie.
    Watched the NTTD pre title sequence more than ten times, it's intence. The Bell's Tolling have resonance on many levels.
    DC is on another level when the DB5 is being shot to pieces, this scene is epic.
    Thunderball often finds itself at number one, it's In my eternal top three with FRWL and OHMSS.

This is peak Connery, seconds into watching this film I feel if Terrance Young had directed all Sir Sean's films they would have worked out better as a collective.
    Nice brief though effective bate and switch with JB initials on coffin.
    Great score by JB
    Impressive set when Bond attacks Bouvar
    Bob Simmons legend
    Great track by Tom though I prefer the alternate title track Mister Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
    I love Ken Adams Spectre set one of my favourites.
    This film is amazing love the atmosphere.
    Score is phenomenal
    Sean moves like a cat
    The way Bond throws himself at Patricia is dodgey.
    'Nice to have met you Mister Bund''
    Volpe probably the best Femme Fatale
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    'Nice to have met you Mister Bund''

When I saw this quote I thought it was Xenia first (looked up that she actually says Nice to Meet you Mr. Bond), then Stromberg because he always called him Bund as well. Was not expecting a TB viewing and couldn't place the quote right away, so I definitely need to return to it.

Enjoy the viewing Fire, TB is such a classic, fun everytime.