The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Magda is one of my favorite Roger era Bond ladies.
    Louis Jourdan is one of my favorite Roger era villains. Kamal Khan is great.
    BOND, JAAAMES, BOND. Thank you, I'd be delighted.

I love Roger's delivery of the iconic line in this film. He's a bad ass throughout.
    Double sixes...fancy that....... 200,000 rupees.

Roger is the king of cool in this film.
    Bond is kicking everyone's ass here. I like how he tosses the torch to his opponent, holds his face in place briefly then knocks him out.
    Vijay thinks it's funny that Bond annoys Q.
    I love Kamal's facial expression as he gestures for his driver to continue. Meanwhile Bond and Madga are having a little fun.
    Bond gets one bite of his soufflé before it's taken from him.
    Is Roger Moore the only Bond who actually consumes eggs in his films?
    I like to think Craig is dining on scrambled eggs in CR as he dines with Vesper after the game.
    I need a safari suit like Roger's here. I used to have a few safari shirts that were very Roger like.
    Bond runs through the jungle while wearing slip on dress shoes.
    When I was in elementary school and running around pretending to be Bond, I'd wear slip on dress shoes with no traction. I fell a few times.
    I figured Bond must have too, when he was in spy training at MI6.
    I should post this in the controversial opinion thread, but I love the Tarzan yell.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 15,818
    Roger's brown suede vest over that gray shirt looks good. If he had a fedora he'd almost have an Indiana Jones look going on color scheme-wise.
    I wonder if Bond's room at Octopussy's palace comes with cable television? Anything something to entertain himself till the morning?. Had this been Lazenby, he'd be all over the opportunity to visit Octopussy's various beauties during the course of the evening. I doubt Roger's Bond here jotted from room to room seducing anyone just yet.
    Bond beats the crap out of Kamal's thugs. Great fight sequence. I remember this in the cinema.
    I remember how jarring the scene change to Berlin after this was. In the cinema that shot was incredibly bright.
    I'm loving every frame of the 3rd act. After SPY this is back to being my 2nd fave Roger film.
    As today is Barbara Broccoli's birthday, thought I'd pop in one of her Bond epics:

QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

Back in 2008 I felt like the only fan who loved this film.
    That opening shot is gorgeous....however maybe some zooming 007's could have given it some punch, that is since we've omitted the gun barrel.
    I saw this one approximately 5 times in the cinema.
    I remember receiving a bootlegged DVD for Christmas that year. That copy looked better than one would expect, but still not great.

Very tight PTS.
    Here we go...............titles.............

Fist image of the title sequence almost evokes the gunbarrel
    Love the drums here.
    I actually really like this title sequence.
    I'm pretty sure QoS was shot on film, but something about the cinematography looks digital to me.

Daniel Craig runs around a lot here.
    Craig looks great. I love the M scene here but her office and HQ seems to have had a makeover since CR.....even though it's set one hour later or whatever.
    The continuity reminds me of the Hammer Dracula films, in which he's resurrected shortly after his last adventure, yet Castle Dracula is completely different.
    Horrible analogy.
    Great fight sequence, reminds me of George Lazenby.
    I revisited the BOURNE films earlier this year and can see why many fans find this Bond so similar. I love it, regardless.

Camille is my favorite Bond girl of the Craig era.
    I like Bond's slight snicker on " I think someone wants to kill you."
    Please don't talk to me like
    I'M STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's unattractive.

Dominic Greene is the Maximillian Largo of the modern era.
    Medrano is cool villain as well. I always liked him.
    Maybe not the definitive boat chase in the series, it's quite good, IMO. Kind of reminds me a little of the boat sequence in LAST CRUSADE.
    It's subtle, but Arnold incorporates the Bond theme here and there. I love it!
    Greg Beam is great. David Harbour -superb actor. If Eon were to do a multi-universe series, I'd want a Gregory Beam movie.
    I think Mathieu Amalric would make a great Renfield.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Greg Beam is great. David Harbour -superb actor. If Eon were to do a multi-universe series, I'd want a Gregory Beam movie.

He is very memorable lin the film, for such a small role.
    The opera bit is pretty good.
    Bond in the cardigan is quite stylish.
    I repeat- Craig looks damned good in this one.
    The Mathis death scene is pretty moving. Great performances by Craig, Olga and Giancarlo.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

He is very memorable lin the film, for such a small role.

One of many elements I love about the Bonds is the excellent casting of smaller roles.
    The plane sequence is pretty exciting. This is a bit Indiana Jones like. Maybe it's the vintage plane?
    The parachute bit does look a bit CGI, though.