The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Prof Joe is pretty funny. But Truman-Lodge is funnier:

"500 Kilos! I....I knew they'd go for it!"

Controversial opinion:

I love Dalton's slicked back hair in this scene.

This office scene is another example of the cinematic prints looking different. There's a reel change hence the black dot in the upper right and the colors looked substantially different in the cinema. After Pam moves the cards we cut to Sanchez watching the TV screen. That was the reel change and the picture became more saturated.
    Great comments. It's about time for me to watch it again. Definitely some appetizing babes in that movie. One scene that comes to mind is at Hemingway House with Bond, M and all the cats, a "farewell to arms", and making his escape. I wish Dalton had been able to do at least a third Bond film.
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Great comments. It's about time for me to watch it again. Definitely some appetizing babes in that movie. One scene that comes to mind is at Hemingway House with Bond, M and all the cats, a "farewell to arms", and making his escape. I wish Dalton had been able to do at least a third Bond film.

Thanks! I love Carey and Talisa . Two of my favorite Bond girls.

Dalton was great as Bond. I actually liked the concept for his B17. Might have had a good balance between realistic grit and fantasy.

Krest's head explodes. My girlfriend laughed when she saw this, now every time I watch this it loses the intensity.
    The original U.S. censored cut I prefer. Flows a bit better, IMO. Also the scene cuts just before the prop head looks like a special effect.
    But what do we do with the cash?
    Launder it.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 1,469
    :))
    Dario is great. I do like the extra footage of him being shredded here.

We need more scenes of Bond in peril where he is clinging onto something that could potentially result in a painful death.

Bond under the train car in OP for instance as Gobinda is slashing away.
    Here is a good one. Perhaps that was a John Glen trademark?
    Truman-Lodge leaps over a small stone divider. My friends and I always made fun of that little scene. In fact Truman-Lodge was the source of many jokes and laughs during my teen years. Great weaselly character.
    Great ending.

Controversial opinion: I love the tag scene with it's full blown cheesiness. Also the happy-go lucky Felix suggests fishing.
    The Felix of the novels wasn't too bothered by losing his limbs actually. Didn't seem to affect him negatively aside from changing jobs.

Excellent underrated Bond extravaganza.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Dirty Love!

I love seeing Bond in a dive bar. One of my favorite scenes in the film.

Road House.

Could never work out why Pam and Leiter agreed to meet there....wouldn't it have been better to meet somewhere low key where she didn't need a pump action shotgun..?
    Dirty Love!

Road House.

Could never work out why Pam and Leiter agreed to meet there....wouldn't it have been better to meet somewhere low key where she didn't need a pump action shotgun..?

Ah, go with it mate!
    In the wise words of Hitchcock.."It's only a movie!"
    Good, if brief review TotheRight, you missed out on one of the absolute highlights of the film/series Bond confronting Lupe on the boat and the seaplane set piece. Utterly brilliant!
    Meant to watch LTK at Christmas, but will give it a watch soon!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Dirty Love!

Road House.

Ah, go with it mate!
    Good, if brief review TotheRight, you missed out on one of the absolute highlights of the film/series Bond confronting Lupe on the boat and the seaplane set piece. Utterly brilliant!

:)) I know mate, i wouldn't have missed Cary Lowell brandishing a shotgun for the world!

The seaplane sequence is indeed a brilliant sequence. Higlight of the film for me.

And you know, for all the flack she takes, Talisa Soto is pretty bloody good in the first half of the film.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Dirty Love!

Road House.

Ah, go with it mate!

The little scene between Bond and Lupe on the Wavekrest is great. I always thought Talisa worked well with Tim here. Underrated Bond girl, IMO.

I remember the audience cheering loudly during the water ski seaplane escape.
    Here we go..............time to snap out of this early 2020 funk I'm in and get some Bond action going............Bond Back in Action Again............................

GOLDFINGER

My favorite gunbarrel score in the series with my favorite gunbarrel performance.

I love Bond squeezing the plastic.

His black wet-suit looks like satin.

The night club is great as well. I could see Humphrey Bogart hanging out there.

Connery is pure Bond in this film.
    My favorite of Bond's white dinner jackets Love the dress shirt.

Alf Joint. The fight is a bit clunky and I love it for that reason.

And we get the theme presented in it's full glory. For years the VHS editions in the States were missing a few frames and hence cut the opening chord.
    Only a few minutes in and I establish this film remains my number 1. My top film. THUNDERBALL occasionally takes that spot.

GF is Craig's favorite Bond film, too.

Into Miami...........

Bond is relaxing when Felix recruits him back on assignment. I hope NTTD's version of this theme is as stylish as this. I doubt we'll get a "man talk" moment, though.

I like Felix's hat.

Great intro for a villain.

To think Mr Simmons was originally Felix and Linder Simmons.

Jack (50% of the profits) Lord wanted star billing.

Connery in front of a screen. Keeping the tradition alive.

Bond. James Bond. My favorite delivery of that line and presentation. And he pulls it off in that blue outfit!.

Actually Roger's LALD reading of the line is my all time favorite.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 15,818
    Hmmm...............only 70 posts until I reach 10,000. Might be an incentive to pop in another Bond after this.

Bond and Jill get down.

The gold bit is one of the series' most iconic and Sean's performance is wonderfully subtle.
    Make up hides Sean's tattoos but they are still clearly visible.
    M puts 007 in his place in front of Col. Smithers.

I think the dynamics of the Bond/M relationship is no better represented than in this film.
    I should be watching a Mickey G Bond film actually as it is indeed Michael's birthday today.

Wait! This technically counts as he has his first cameo in this film.
    Task completed.

Stoke Poges.
    I love this section.
    Looks like Bond keeps a Walther P38 in his DB5. I'm sure someone here can correct me if I'm mistaken.
    As a kid just getting into Bond I was fascinated by his guns. The famous publicity stills of Connery for FRWL with the air pistol was extremely cool to me.
    The Walther P5 compact looked cool in OP and NSNA. I never cared for the P99.
    "Tranquilizer Gun. No ketchup."

At least that what it sounded like to me when I was a kid.
    It wasn't until I was about 14 I realized it was "knock out shot".

Honor Blackman is right up there with Domino as my favorite of the Connery leading ladies.
    As a kid n my elementary school years I also had an obsession with Bond's dress shoes. Connery had laces, Roger had slip ons. I remember getting some black dress shoes and trying to run in them. I once fell on my back and knocked the wind out of myself coming down some already slick stairs.
    I should have done my impersonation of Roger's OOORRRHHHHH sound. That would have been funny,
    Still, the homing device in the heel is a cool gadget, IMO.
    Auric Stud. It almost looks like Kentucky. I do love the sets here.

From here on through the rest of the film Bond sits on his a$$.
    Meanwhile Felix and pal are munching on some tasty Kentucky Fried Chicken.
    I haven't eaten KFC in years and years. Wonder if its the same?

I like the gangster meeting. Maybe the cast watched a few Warner Bros films before shooting this scene? I should pop in some Cagney later. WHITE HEAT is great.
    Bond and Pussy have a few fast falls together.

I guess the last time we had this type of scene was the sauna bit with Xenia in GOLDENEYE.

Has Craig ever been knocked on his a$$ by a leading lady? I suppose if anyone could have done it it would have been M in SF.

Maybe Nomi will knock Craig around?
    Speaking of which Oddjob tosses Bond around like a rag doll. He's really getting creamed here.

I like when Bond is out classed physically and must use his wits and ingenuity to defeat his opponent.

I think the last fight scene we had equivalent would be with Hinx. Pierce had Stamper, but there wasn't really a great hand to hand combat with him, IMO.

This is iconic.
    I remember the first time I saw this on the ABC SUNDAY NIGHT MOVIE back in the '80's.
    Our color TV crapped out about three quarters in and I had to finish this on an old black and white set.

So much was edited on ABC; the gunbarrel and PTS, the Oddjob fight was truncated, etc.

I thought the shot of Goldfinger being sucked through the window was scary, though.

Bond and Pussy parachute and land of all places on SPECTRE island.

Great viewing and remains my number one Bond film.
    I remember the first time I saw this on the ABC SUNDAY NIGHT MOVIE back in the '80's.
    Our color TV crapped out about three quarters in and I had to finish this on an old black and white set.

So much was edited on ABC; the gunbarrel and PTS, the Oddjob fight was truncated, etc.

I thought the shot of Goldfinger being sucked through the window was scary, though.

Bond and Pussy parachute and land of all places on SPECTRE island.

Great viewing and remains my number one Bond film.

Me too. The perfect and most influential Bond film. 👍
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Licence to Kill Always loved the gun barrel sequence to this film, I like the different aggressive take on the theme. When I watched this back in 1989 I sat back in my cinema seat my attention was immediately earned.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Great opening shot, I do like the locations in this film.
    An expletive from MGW, in many ways this is the last true Bond film, so much incredible talent that had served the series for decades departed after this film.
    This film is visually stunning