The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It totally baffles me when people prefer NSNA to TB
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Adolfo Celi brilliant villain
    Watching the Tom Jones Titles now, this film had two of the best title tracks ever

One of my favorite songs.

Here's one of the reasons why I prefer TB to YOLT: Connery disguised as a Japanese fisherman looks like an idiot. I don't see how anyone on the crew, especially Connery himself kept from laughing.

The Aki death is quite well done, though. Connery and Akiko's subtle performances here are genuinely touching.

Not close for me either. TB wins in every aspect.

Car chase from TND is up. Love this bit!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Can t be that many. For me, NSNA is top 20, but TB is top ten.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,706
    The Blofeld Spectre conference scene one of my favourite in the entire series, I like how the British Secret Service scene mirrors it shortly after and how contrasting the sets are, genius

I do love the rogue NSNA, but there's no question that TB is superior.
    I think I love the overall story, and am fascinated by history behind those films.
    I really need to get that Battle For Bond book.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Blofeld Spectre conference scene one of my favourite in the entire series, I like how the British Secret Service scene mirrors it shortly after and how contrasting the sets are, genius

Yes, and they both have their organisational cover names.
    Brosnan in the naval suit!!! :) last time we got it sadly.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I do love the rogue NSNA, but there's no question that TB is superior.
    I think I love the overall story, and am fascinated by history behind those films.
    I really need to get that Battle For Bond book.

I like NSNA it's a mixed bag though I do watch it often, the rights tug of war is fascinating

Yes, and they both have their organisational cover names.

The film has great escapist hyper reality
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 15,883
    Oysters!

I won't need these.
    The Shrublands scenes look amazing upscaled
    Nice to have met you Mr Bond Classic
    FoxRox wrote: »

Yeah it's about time the Naval aspect of Bond was shown if only briefly

A pity Craig never got to don the suit, unless we get a brief glimpse in B25 which I kind of doubt. At least it was referenced in the obituary in SF I believe.
    I think Craig's Bond would look great in the uniform.

A pity Craig never got to don the suit, unless we get a brief glimpse in B25 which I kind of doubt. At least it was referenced in the obituary in SF I believe.

All they need to do is have Bond get a lift from the Navy to a destination, a few minute scene would do
    Fiona oh my, this film has two of the best Bond Girls
    Bond happens to have suction cups and a Batman style utility belt with him.
    As soon as Duval imposter asks for more money you know its curtains
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Bond happens to have suction cups and a Batman style utility belt with him.

It's amazing how many things in that film appear out of thin air
    Bond's aloof attitude in this film always amuses me
    I don't know, could it be the front door bell :))

I love Connery’s performance in TB; it may even be my favorite of his (and his first 3 are no slouches). His absolute coolest.

I love Connery’s performance in TB; it may even be my favorite of his (and his first 3 are no slouches). His absolute coolest.

He is very assured and confident
    For its time this was an incredibly ambitious film with the amount of underwater sequences
    TB does not cut any corners with the hijacking of the Warheads, for 1965 there is some incredible technical work and photography on show
    I have a really good time with most of TND, but things go downhill after the motorcycle chase. The pacing is just rough. Still, there is a lot I like about TND. It’s kind of like Brosnan’s TSWLM. And the news stuff is ever so relevant now.
    The fight with Hans is somewhat indifferent. I actually think the fight with Eric Kriegler is a bit weak as well. So by that rationale, Craig should have a wimpy fight scene at the end of his 5th outing.

I actually like that Bond's little scuffle with Hans is nowhere near the Oddjob or Red Grant scenes.

It's more like "let's just get through this, blow up the rocket, get the hell out of this volcano and call it a day".
    Connery totally sell"s the Lippe death