The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    The car chase on the other hand is a highlight of the Brosnan era.
    While I've never been a fan of Jack Wade I do like the hurt look on his face when he says 'he didn't say goodbye'.

Wai Lin keeps showing up at vital times to get them in trouble.
    Lots of FYEO overtones with the sinking of the Devonshire, then Bond and Wai Lin searching the sunken ship and then henchmen waiting on the ship above the water as the heroes emerge from the deep.
    Jumping off the building while tearing the giant Carver banner is a striking stunt.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,721
    Flying with helicopter blades so close to the ground seems like a risky idea.

And the dummies inside the helicopter are pretty obvious! Should have their own book - Helicoptering for Dummies...
    Bond shuts the power down. "Time for a station break" Carver gets riled up too easily for a Bond villain for my liking. They tend to role with the punches more easily and only getting riled up at the end (Goldfinger, Dr No, Zorin)

They used "station break" , Bond is British, he should have said "commercial break'!
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I agree. But he really doesn’t seem comfortable with it until DAD.

They're playing all the Brosnan's and Craig's every week for two months so I'll keep an eye out for his different deliveries. His one in GE is quite affected.

I would say for forced!
    Michelle Yeoh kicks ass, just wish the scene had a bit more meaning to the plot.

Getting TMWTGG vibes from Bond and Wai Lin's boat cruise through the islands....
    Hugh Bonneville and the lead nazi from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in the house.
    I do like Bond's diversion tactic of pretending the dead solider is him and shooting at Stamper.
    Throwing star in the sole of the boot is handy
    I'd never noticed that random slow-mo shot of Wai Lin in the steatlh boat battle before. It's interesting as it hasn't happened in the film up until this point. Kind of like dipping their toe into the John woo world without committing.
    Pretty grisly end for Carver.
    The end of TND and the beginning feel quite generic. Great music in the end from Arnold though.
    Great write up on TND, @Major_Boothroyd.
    Fun to read. Always made me smile when the INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE Nazi guy shows up.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Times work for me. I may be a little late to NSNA but will be able to do most if the night.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Would love to join but it won't be the best timing for me, sadly.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 13,894
    I would join, but I have come to despise NSNA with a passion.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    December 15 works, but not sure about time. Are we doing TB then NSNA or the opposite? Break in between?

Short break, I guess (15 min.). How do people feel about reverse order, just for a new spin? Someone set the time and I'll do my best to be a part of it. Just translate to CA time for me.

NSNA 7:00 Central (5:00 CA), TB 9:45 Central (7:45 CA)?

That's Midnight in the UK I think, I will join in if I am still awake on leave currently.
    December 15 works, but not sure about time. Are we doing TB then NSNA or the opposite? Break in between?

Short break, I guess (15 min.). How do people feel about reverse order, just for a new spin? Someone set the time and I'll do my best to be a part of it. Just translate to CA time for me.

That's Midnight in the UK I think, I will join in if I am still awake on leave currently.

Is that definitely midnight??. I may be able to join in then!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

It appears to be, here is a time zone map...

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/
    Mathis1 wrote: »

It appears to be, here is a time zone map...

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

Cheers mate.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited December 2018 Posts: 3,347
    7pm central is 1am GMT I believe. I'd be open to shifting slightly too. You also don't need to be on for the full time. Just come for one film if you can. If you come in mid-film were happy to provide a minute/scene update so you can sync up
    What about 2:00 Central for NSNA to start

What time is it where you are now? It's 2216 in the UK

4:51 PM.

4:51 PM.

So six hours difference, cheers
    So that would be noon for CA?

Yes. Two hour difference there.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Would love to join but it won't be the best timing for me, sadly.

How about the new time? That would be around 3pm for you.

NSNA at 3 PM? Yeah I should be able to swing that, unsure about TB currently. Either way, at least I get to join you lot with one, that's good enough for me.
    Looking forward to the films. Last Saturday’s group watch of OHMSS was a lot of fun!
    Just to clarify, what time would the group viewing be EST?