The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Love how Bond just reuses these lines in a few minutes. Never cared much for Ruby.
    She's sort of unusual for a Bond girl. A bit ordinary. This whole hypnosis thing is very psychedelic.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Fear of chickens... can you imagine that being used today in a script lol
    “It is me, yes?”

Lol.
    “It is me, yes?”

Lol.

Quite undeniably, yes. I should use that line some time.........if the opportunity ever arises.
    “FORBIDDEN! PRIVATE! CLOSED!”
    Frightfully energetic.
    Bond pretends to be a klutz.
    Bond’s colleague gets it rough.
    Making a martini now for the 2nd half of the film!
    Is it me or is the angel on top of the tree creepy?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I love Savalas's speech. A series highlight, in my opinion.

I agree. The madness in his eyes is incredible.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I'm taking it in now. I've never really noticed how good it is before strangely. He appears quite mad. Holds the cigarette in an unusual way too.

Not to mention how he holds his cigarette!
    “It has been so nice, to cure you...”
    Time for some stealth! Beautiful colors once again.
    The ski chase coming up is one of my absolute favorite moments in the series. The intense action, scenery, and Barry’s score just make it insanely good.
    Bunt just sippin brandy and watching people get hypnotized to commit bacterial warfare.
    Great scene .
    Bunt just sippin brandy and watching people get hypnotized to commit bacterial warfare.

It is great stuff. We need villains this great again.

Love that Blofeld is both an intellectual and physical challenge for Bond in OHMSS.
    I miss seeing Bond on skis. We're long overdue. This chase sequence is very well filmed for its time. Almost 'Gopro' like with POV shots.
    Love the shots from cliff's edge looking down on the town below. I want to be in that town right now! Sipping on some spiked hot chocolate, skating around, and doing some ice driving.
    The town is my ideal image of Christmas. I love it.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I miss seeing Bond on skis. We're long overdue. This chase sequence is very well filmed for its time. Almost 'Gopro' like with POV shots.

They had the chance in SPECTRE, but opted for a plane sequence which was effective but not mind-blowing like the ski sequences here, especially for their time.
    The town is my ideal image of Christmas. I love it.

Agreed, I never get photographed by a laughing polar bear in the Xmas villages I go to :(
    Love the shots from cliff's edge looking down on the town below. I want to be in that town right now! Sipping on some spiked hot chocolate, skating around, and doing some ice driving.
    Yes, those distance shots looking down are great. There's tons of atmosphere in this entire section. A chase sequence interspersed with some local event is a fantastic Bond staple, but it's especially well done here.
    Who wrote the lyrics to this song? Christmas trees apparently need some of the oddest things to grow!
    Tracy finding Bond here is such a great moment. This film is just full of amazing touches.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Yes, those distance shots looking down are great. There's tons of atmosphere in this entire section. A chase sequence interspersed with some local event is a fantastic Bond staple, but it's especially well done here.

100%!!

Bunt is coldblooded as hell. No qualms about firing an automatic machine gun in public at Christmas.
    Most romantic Bond scene coming up here.