The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    doing Shepherd's Pie with lamb and mashed potatoes for 8 in the oven.

The boys are having great fun with GoldenEye!
    For Thunderball I am ready to watch as well :)
    Aaah TB....the film I champion always....gorgeous film with Connery on top form !
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Aaah TB....the film I champion always....gorgeous film with Connery on top form !

Sorry, I can't get over the pacing. Connery peaked in DN and FRWL but he looks like he's having the time of his life in TB. The dialogue is the funniest without being ridiculous like DAF.

What are these characters doing here
    On CR now, a good movie to have dinner to.
    Dalton taking over soon. Will join my boys watching it.
    Dalton has arrived. Break over. Will be back in two hours...
    I was in a mood for some Dalton yesterday, when I watched him in Penny Dreadful without his beard. Man hasn't much aged since he was Bond. Minus shorter and greyer hair. Anyway, I did not watch TLD. Neither did I watch LTK. Messes with the marathon timeline. Today I might continue my Bond-o-thon and watch LALD. Late halloween for me.

THE SPY WHO LOVED ME PLAYING SHORTLY
    I feel a lot of love for Bond lately.

TSWLM will certainly not change that.

The PTS is great, first you see a sub in trouble, then it's typical Moore, "let me enlarge your vocabulary" "something came up".

The skiing scene of course is marvelous. Not only is it Moore's first time in the snow, but also only the second time you see Bond on ski.

The stunt must be the greatest ever in the series. I know there are many to choose from, but I think this is the best for its cinematic impression and the Bond theme kicking in once the flag is visible as the parachute.

Nobody does it better. There couldn't have been a better title for the Bond theme. And what about those gorgeous main titles from Maurice Binder.

Doesn't look Moore just stunning in the Commander's uniform! At this point I always wonder why the hell they abandoned this background for the Craig Bond era. One of many scandals concerning the current era.

Enter XXX :P
    I wish...

Yes I might be thinking with my dick but oh boy....I feel a slight stiffness coming on...

Moore just had the best women. Barbara Bach is no exception. Do I care about her acting talent?? Should I?? Hell no... "I am man, you are woman" to quote Nick Arnstein.

The Egypt sequence is just brilliant from start to finish.

One of the best moments in the series, if not the best:
    Moore standing between the buildings, seen from afar as a silhouette with THAT score kicking in.
    Atmospheric to the max, goosebumps!

How Bond disposes of the thug on top of the building is brilliant. So elegant, so merciless, so deadly.

Jaws has a brilliant entrance as well. It's really frightening to see him kill the poor man. At this point you forget how silly he later would become.

Barbara Bach in THAT dress, bloody freaking boner :))

At this point I had to stop the movie for a wank stop.....drink stop!! Christ...

I know exactly what Sir Rog is thinking here...Rated XXX for sure...

full.jpg
    full.jpg

now that I got off....that off my mind...let's continue with this total fun ride.
    Absolutely love the moment when Bond goes from Moneypenny's office to the next room where he expects to meet M only to be shocked to see General Gogol sitting at the desk.
    Also the score works well in that moment.
    It's one of those great small moments that always surprises me again, when watching TSWLM.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Absolutely love the moment when Bond goes from Moneypenny's office to the next room where he expects to meet M only to be shocked to see General Gogol sitting at the desk.
    Also the score works well in that moment.
    It's one of those great small moments that always surprises me again, when watching TSWLM.

Also the camera movement is very effective there. They are both shot point of view, from a distance, highlighting the ideological devide.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed

Barbara Bach is no exception. Do I care about her acting talent?? Should I?? Hell no... "I am man, you are woman" to quote Nick Arnstein.

And that's exactly how Denise Richards got cast. One good thing about the current era - beautiful women who can actually act

Live and Let Die

...and here we go!
    Good choice ! Enjoy !!
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 2,107
    Bond is kinda dick to women in this movie. First to Rosie and now to Solitaire, who loses her mystic card reading ability and becomes target for that. Well all's fair in love and war and if it makes the baddie lose his head...

Is also obvious Bond unlike Solitaire or Kananga, does not believe in the cards. His eyes become so wide when solitaire tells her about the magic mumbo jumbo.
    Oh absolutely....he has no guilt about de-flowering her and taking away her card powers...
    Finished a couple of hours ago. My first thought, like most of time I watch LALD was how, compared to rugged Connery and in slight contrast o Lazenby, Moore looked like a manboy, maybe even rookie Bond.

In his first appearace he hadn't solidified his role and because he was so different compared to the two previous leads, I felt like I was watching Roger Moore plsying Simon Templar, playing James Bond, playing Roger Moore. So in fewer words plsying himself :p

And the slightly aged racial strereotypes. Slight racism in the form of Sheriff J.W. Pepper. Character straight out of some comedy film.

Jane Seymour was and is one of the prettiest Bond girls. But apart from her mystic powers, didn't really leave an impact. Pretty hollow character.

The villain had one of the most hilarious deaths ever. He just ballooned out of the shark tank and blew out like a large human sized balloon. The man had no guts. No blood for that matter.

Also, great sing-along theme song.
    Continuing my Moore-o-thon; The Man With the Golden Gun, in zero zero seven seconds...
    My guilty pleasure Bond flick...
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 2,107
    My dream would be to visit on Scramanga's island. The movie immeditely throws me in the world of Bond. Even though we've yet to see Bond. Christopher Lee. Such a great casting choice. Related to the great man Fleming himself.

And the funhouse itself. Really makes me feel like I'm watching a Bond film. I usually rate LALD higher than TMWTGG. But this time I might feel differently. The dated blaxploitation didn't do it for me this time and I kind of wanted to jump into this next movie as soon as possible.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Ive been there..im a supervisor for the UK & Ireland for the airline of that particular country ;)
    James Bond Island,as it is called,is still VERY popular for tourists and the 'mushroom shaped rock' is still there.

(Blimey,Scaramanga liked his mushrooms didnt he ,now i think about it ?)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @SharkBait, and to think, Jane was only twenty when she starred as Solitaire.
    @Brady, I feel old. That was me 11 years ago. Oh, how the time flies.
    oh my heart bleeds,says the 46 year old Bazza... :(
    those young guys complaining about age....

@SharkBait plus @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 = 52
    @barryt007 plus @BondJasonBond006 = 88

:))
    Oh, settle down old timer :p I was just trying to point out, from a younger man's perpective how fast time flies from when you're eighteen to the time you're thirty something. It's like those ten years in between did't exist. I was shocked , when in 2008 the secondary Bond girl was younger than me.
    those young guys complaining about age....

@SharkBait plus @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 = 52
    @barryt007 plus @BondJasonBond006 = 88

:))

Hahaha love it Jason !!

I was positively shocked when I realised I am now Brosnan's GoldenEye age :D

That's pretty cool actually.

Of course now you'll come and say you are Connery's Dr. No age....yeah...yeah..shut it :P :))
    A bit down today and need some Bond to cheer me up- OCTOPUSSY should fit the bill.
    DTS sound this time-
    reliable gunbarrel music -traditional..........yes

Rog takes off his hat to reveal his pompadour. In a few weeks my hair will probably be that long and as light...maybe I should attempt the Rog in OP look? Maybe when I'm 55?

great PTS!