The Youtube Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I remember Dencik from some stupid Swedish tv comedy some years ago, the name eludes me.

I remember Dencik from some stupid Swedish tv comedy some years ago, the name eludes me.

Don't think I've seen him in any comedy roles, just drama films and thrillers.
    It has been a few years, I could mix him up with a lookalike.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,327

Priceless
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,279
    It has been a few years, I could mix him up with a lookalike.

He's probably been in a few comedies, either on film or TV. Very few actors limit themselves to just dramas or thrillers.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    You just don't see fight scenes like that anymore. Sadly.
    I like this 1997 fight. Kind of a spoiler at the end if you haven't already seen Grosse Point Blank.

Thanks for sharing. :)
    Jackie often paid homage to the silent greats in his films...

Haven't seen Project A for quite some time. Think I might just watch it again soon. I did recently rewatch Armour of God which is one of my favorite Jackie Chan films.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    You just don't see fight scenes like that anymore. Sadly.
    I like this 1997 fight. Kind of a spoiler at the end if you haven't already seen Grosse Point Blank.

Thanks for sharing. :)
    Jackie often paid homage to the silent greats in his films...

Haven't seen Project A for quite some time. Think I might just watch it again soon. I did recently rewatch Armour of God which is one of my favorite Jackie Chan films.

Armour of God is great one of his best, Armour of God II: Operation Condor was good too, the finale is crazy...

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    This acting is fascinating, and hilarious. Obviously it's not realistic but I wouldn't even call it bad. It exists on the same plane as Nicolas Cage's acting.

mattjoes wrote: »
    This acting is fascinating, and hilarious. Obviously it's not realistic but I wouldn't even call it bad. It exists on the same plane as Nicolas Cage's acting.

I remember this amongst the glut of martial arts movies of the 80"s, I used to borrow many of these films from my local rental store, around the early 80's it would have been on Beta Max. Sho Kosugi staring pictures seemed to be released every other week, usually with a cast of people who could barely do martial arts and barely act ;))
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited May 2019 Posts: 6,724

I remember this amongst the glut of martial arts movies of the 80"s, I used to borrow many of these films from my local rental store, around the early 80's it would have been on Beta Max. Sho Kosugi staring pictures seemed to be released every other week, usually with a cast of people who could barely do martial arts and barely act ;))
    I see. Though in the case of this particular film, I feel those actors playing the villains couldn't have been that incompetent. I figure they were probably directed to act in that phony way.

Pretty lame how they don't show the arrow entering the henchman's arm. Similar things happen at other points in the film.

I love this one! And the one in which they talk about how "General Synod's Life of Christ" is an insult to Monty Python. Edit: And the one in which Mel Smith interviews Rowan Atkinson playing "Le Comte de Frou Frou."

I see. Though in the case of this particular film, I feel those actors playing the villains couldn't have been that incompetent. I figure they were probably directed to act in that phony way.

Pretty lame how they don't show the arrow entering the henchman's arm. Similar things happen at other points in the film.

I love this one! And the one in which they talk about how "General Synod's Life of Christ" is an insult to Monty Python. Edit: And the one in which Mel Smith interviews Rowan Atkinson playing "Le Comte de Frou Frou."

My comment was flippant admittedly there were some accomplished martial artists in many of the films, though the more films there were the quality dipped as often is the case.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,262
    In honor the recently deceased Doris Day, some funny clips from her 1966 spy comedy The Glass Bottom Boat:

Deleted Superman scenes:

Deleted Superman scenes:

I bought Superman The Movie: Extended Cut last year when it was released...

81qVGg7b%2BxL._SX342_.jpg

It's has 45 minutes of additional scenes, worthwhile for fans of the film.

'Radiation Shields'
    Deleted Superman scenes:

Yep. It includes my favorite Miss Teschmacher line that doesn't appear in any other version. When Lex and Otis say to her "What more could anyone ask?" in unison she responds with "Sunshine? A night on the town instead of under it?"
    Deleted Superman scenes:

Yep. It includes my favorite Miss Teschmacher line that doesn't appear in any other version. When Lex and Otis say to her "What more could anyone ask?" in unison she responds with "Sunshine? A night on the town instead of under it?"

One of my favourite additional scenes is the reprogramming of the missiles, what was added improves that section of the film greatly.

Hmm... I tend to stay out of the Bond 25 Production thread so I am oblivious to most of what's been going on, though I found this interesting.

I personally choose to remain positive regarding the new film