BOND POLLS 2016: The Top 10 JAMES BOND-007 Film Ranking Contest (Results: winner!, on page 60)

Comments

• @Cubby_and_Harry NSNA at number 8 and with your username! Disgraceful ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I really don't know what the devil is going on here. Now I know why I avoid polls.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I really don't know what the devil is going on here. Now I know why I avoid polls.

Probably the shrewdest course of action. Wish I'd done the same in retrospect.
  • I think it's all because of this:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/16818/suffering-from-a-mental-illness#latest

I am sorry for chasing away so many people. I completely understand. And although some people stay neutral in all this, it does scare away people.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It's not G.
    But your unwarranted reply to Birdleson was.
    Always assume the best in people and not the worst, that is my advice to you.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    @Gustav_Graves , you may want to go back and count again. Out of curiosity to see how my favorite was doing, GF, I went back to the beginning and started to total it's score. After the fourth page my number didn't coincide with any of the totals you showed in your tallies. By the end it was way off. I've done it twice. Maybe there were doubles entries that you caught and I didn't, or some other such thing, but I'm just making you aware.

I hope it's okay now @Birdleson. Since I posted the other TOP 10's (2 from relatives/friends from forummembers, including a cousin of yours @Birdleson. And 2 from people who aren't a member at all) the totals should now be correct.

As the topic is now derailed however, I kindly ask people to send me a Private Message if something is not correct. I think I will let this topic go silent a bit.

I think it's all because of this:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/16818/suffering-from-a-mental-illness#latest

I am sorry for chasing away so many people. I completely understand. And although some people stay neutral in all this, it does scare away people.

We all get frustrated with things on the computer sometimes. It's only human. Just look at this footage of me trying to write my latest blog article:

* Not for the faint of heart!
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Remove my Cousin if you'd like. I only entered his list because you requested outside lists and his had gone on our ranking thread a few years back.

Really......@Birdleson, look at the previous page. I just finished my previous post and then you post this. And then there's @BondJasonBond006 and others. I am getting a bit crazy to be honest. All outside stuff is accounted for. It's all over the place. I posted those TOP 10's after other people were asking me to do so.

I will keep it like this now and ask people to become a joyful member of this forum if they want to vote. Further outside votes I won't count until they have become a forummember. Have a nice evening.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Only a suggestion, but you could wait until December (when your poll ends) and tally it all up then. Seems like that'd make things much smoother and stress-free around here.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 17,728
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Only a suggestion, but you could wait until December (when your poll ends) and tally it all up then. Seems like that'd make things much smoother and stress-free around here.

Yes, I think that would be for the best. Anything that helps to simplify matters and keeps stress to an absolute minimum gets my vote. I take it that these type of things on our community are meant to be all about fun, not discord.

• edited September 2016 Posts: 11,119

Why do you think that makes any difference? Will you perhaps then answer my messages on Facebook chat by then? Will you have finished your Top 10 by then? Just curious as a kind reply to your suggestions.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    This is the end of times.

In some ways, I welcome it.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,117
    My dog's still wondering if he can post his list?

He has OHMSS, FRWL and CR in his top 5 and DAD bottom so I gave him an extra bit of marrow bone for dinner.

Why do you think that makes any difference? Will you perhaps then answer my messages on Facebook chat by then? Will you have finished your Top 10 by then? Just curious as a kind reply to your suggestions.

Because the fact that people are trying to count the votes themselves and offer assistance is leading you to scream for patience, for reasons unknown. Thus, if you practiced patience yourself and didn't worry about others counting the votes or what the overall total will be, maybe it'd be stress-free to wait and tally it all at the end. Food for thought.

Every post I've made in this thread this morning has been to help you out and make things easier for you in terms of tallies and getting the thread organized when the time comes. Shame on me for doing such a thing.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà

My cat is working on her list as we speak.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That's enough instigating for one day, no?
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Presumably she has Octopussy top?

I was trying to come up with some dog based puns for mine but they were all really feeble; From Russia With Woof etc
    edited September 2016 Posts: 17,728
    jake24 wrote: »
    That's enough instigating for one day, no?

Like a dog with a bone...
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Presumably she has Octopussy top?

I was trying to come up with some dog based puns for mine but they were all really feeble; From Russia With Woof etc

How about "Licence to Run up the Hill"?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Give it a rest.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

Because the fact that people are trying to count the votes themselves and offer assistance is leading you to scream for patience, for reasons unknown. Thus, if you practiced patience yourself and didn't worry about others counting the votes or what the overall total will be, maybe it'd be stress-free to wait and tally it all at the end. Food for thought.

Every post I've made in this thread this morning has been to help you out and make things easier for you in terms of tallies and getting the thread organized when the time comes. Shame on me for doing such a thing.

This is my reply to you, this time in spoken form:

http://picosong.com/zrwZ/

This is my reply to you, this time in spoken form:

http://picosong.com/zrwZ/

That was a really nice gesture, Gustav. Nice to hear your voice and to hear you speak genuinely from the heart. I think people here are trying to help you, if I may be so bold as to say that. I think things get a bit misinterpreted on Internet forums sometimes, even with emoticons and such. Please know that we like you and want you to remain with us here. Just take a little break to get some perspective on things, if you feel like doing that. The thread and the rest of us will still be here when you return. :)
    @Gustav_Graves, that situation has nothing to do with me attempting to help you de-stress over this poll thread. If you don't want assistance or suggestions, that's completely fine and understandable, given you want to tackle this whole thing on your own. However, I didn't reply to you on Facebook because of something else entirely. You're making this into something it's not.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Can you please post the stats again @Gustav_Graves so they are on this page?

It's very interesting to see those numbers and I will try to guess which movies are in the Top 10, although at least five are pretty obvious.

I did ask my bro-in-arms Tomi for a Top 10 and I was kind of shocked...
    here it is just for a fun fact, no need to count it!

We can use a distraction...

1. DAD
    2. TLD
    3. GE
    4. DAF
    5. OP
    6. MR
    7. TMWTGG
    8. LALD
    9. AVTAK
    10. TSWLM

truly shocking and I thought I know this man inside out...and then THIS!
    Eeek! DAD at no. 1?! DAF at no. 4?! Exterminate! Exterminate! :))
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 382
    @Gustav_Graves Sorry about your mental illness but you've got to try and understand people rather than playing the victim. The British in particular like to have a joke and it is no way intended as a slight. Just a gentle ribbing. Nobody's out to get you on here.
  • @Cubby_and_Harry NSNA at number 8 and with your username! Disgraceful ;)

Cubby and Harry should've made Thunderball more like Never Say Never Again. Instead of the overblown mess we got.
    It's actually my #7 as well.

:P
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i may not be the most stable leg of the chair - christ, we all know i've had my moments on here where i've taken things to the Nth degree, and have made shit out to be more personal than it needs to be.... but at the end of the day, it's myself that i allow to get worked up - over nothing.... sometimes taking some time away to recenter your own head can do wonders..
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Yes, thanks for giving all of us a goddamned break!

a break from me?..... you're very welcome..

but now i have returned - so fun times are over with... make way with the misery show!

:O)
  • Can you please post the stats again @Gustav_Graves so they are on this page?

It's very interesting to see those numbers and I will try to guess which movies are in the Top 10, although at least five are pretty obvious.

I did ask my bro-in-arms Tomi for a Top 10 and I was kind of shocked...
    here it is just for a fun fact, no need to count it!

We can use a distraction...

1. DAD
    2. TLD
    3. GE
    4. DAF
    5. OP
    6. MR
    7. TMWTGG
    8. LALD
    9. AVTAK
    10. TSWLM

truly shocking and I thought I know this man inside out...and then THIS!

Ahhhhhh DAD at 1, DAF at 4, TMWTGG at 7, AVTAK at 9 ahhhhhhh I can't handle this ahhhhhhh.

All in jest of course.