Most despicable Villian

edited October 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
We know Bond villians are the descendants of not Al Capone but Count Dracula (no pun intended)
they are unique and evil in more ways than one. Sometimes they have redeeming qualities, sometimes they are just despical.
Who are your three most "evil" villians? and why?

1. Stomberg He is just like Jabba the Hut, a totally ugly slug of an human being. Cruel and just nothing to recommend him..
2. Red Grant He is a cold psychotic individual. He is not the type of guy I would want to see across the room. He would do a Norman Bates on a woman taking a shower with as much emotion as flicking on a light switch.
3. Blofeld (YOLT and DAF) just did not care for these guys. they are the type that if you saw them in the cross walk, you would take your foot off the brake and pedal to the metal and run them down like the road kill slime they are.

On the other end, guys like Alec T and Sanchez had their own sense of honor and what they believed in. Largo could be seen as a sort of "ladies man".

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,399
    my vote would have to go to Max Zorin

1. The test tube baby of a Nazi scientist?... can't get more despicable than that..

2. Upon Bond's close call escape down the mining tunnels - Zorin orders for the entrances to mine to be sealed, and then he decides he is going to blow the explosives early - killing all the workers who were helping him in his plot to drown Silicon Valley...

3. He also got particular enjoyment out of killing the remaining workers who had not drowned... and he also got a great chuckle when a few were getting electrocuted ((as you can see in my avatar lol))

4. Oh yeah, did I mention he planned to completely drown Silicon Valley and San Francisco?? All for gaining control of the microchip market.

Yeah - pretty despicable if you ask me..... but equally as awesome ^:)^
    I think they were all fairly despicable, in their own ways - Max Zorin was a complete sociopath. Aris Kristatos was hailed as a hero of the war, but turned on England the moment the ATAC device became available. Franz Sanchez was a sadist, blowing a man's head up, ordering someone's heart cut out, and trying to turn Bond into mincemeat. Georgi Koskov was a coward, manipulating MI6 into doing his dirty work.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I think they were all fairly despicable, in their own ways - Max Zorin was a complete sociopath. Aris Kristatos was hailed as a hero of the war, but turned on England the moment the ATAC device became available. Franz Sanchez was a sadist, blowing a man's head up, ordering someone's heart cut out, and trying to turn Bond into mincemeat. Georgi Koskov was a coward, manipulating MI6 into doing his dirty work.
    "YOU'RE OUTTA YOU'RE DEPFF."
    No, what makes him awesome is that Walken single-handedly created the stereotype that all Bond villains are sociopaths, even though he is the only sociopath in the franchise.
    to me the worst of the bunch were blofeld and also stromberg
    Rosa Klebb- no redeeming qualities whatsoever; all out evil anyway you look at her
    Francisco Scaramanga- enjoys killing- that says it all!
    Elliot Carver- sentenced his own wife to death and was willing to create a full-blown war just for TV ratings
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited October 2011 Posts: 2,629
    Klebb: Agree with the others. Just a very miserable person with nothing to like about them.
    Zorin: Nazi experimental test tube psychopaths at its finest.
    Moon Graves: Anyone who would genetically alter themselves...
  • Was there ever a Bond bad guy you genuinely hated, not really if you think about it, we've seen a lot of characters come and go but I can't for the life of me just pick any one name off the top of my head and say' he was a real etc etc'

Problem is that a majority of all Bond villians don't really generate any sense of fear or intimidation, Robert Davi was an acception, but by the same token I didn't really have any sense of hate or anything such for his Sanchez character, I think I admired him than anything else for all what he had put together, even though feeding Leiter to sharks isin't really the thing to do

Robert Shaw must be up here somewhere, nasty piece of work but I can't bring myself to hate him, I just can't find any one person in the entire franchise to warrant a despicable person, sure there's been some bad types but nothing too extreme

• Truman-Lodge, If I was Sanchez....I would have Uzi'd him too!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    True, I can't really say I hate any of them, but if I really had to pick one I'd probably go with Stromberg. He had no personality, not to mention manners. Yes, Stromberg was despicable. Just look at those webbed hands. They're the hands of a despicable man.
  • Along with Rosa Kleb you can add Irma Bundt. After being a humourless, tryanical cow in Piz Gloria, she topped it all off with the spiteful drive-by murder of Teresa as revenge for Bond's treatment of Bloefeld and the elimination of their murderous scheme.
    Fancy having her as your mum :(
  • BFGBFG
    I'll go with Drax. i mean setting the dogs on a lovelly lady this guy has issues.

Yes Stromberg did it too but with sharks and Blofeld with piranhas. that scene happens to be my fav dispatch of all the lovelly ladies.
    The thing about the Bond villains, especially the classic Fleming villains, is that they had reasons why they were the way they were. Fleming gave them a background, a motivation and a believable foible. Something that showed off their perverseness ie love for gold, ruled by the moon etc. There was only one sociopath ie Red Grant but he was a career assassin whose killing moods were used by the KGB. So he was three dimensional.

Therefore I am not convinced any of them are evil - as they had solid motivation.

Kristatos was a double agent, he did bad things to achieve his goal for his paymasters. Le Chiffre did bad things as he was desperate as his paymasters were catching up with him. Koskovs motivation was greed and a love of luxury - he twisted and turned to put himself at an advantage all the time.

The closest one to evil is the books Dr No whose sadism is evident. But even then he views the human body where he conducts his sadism as a note on a graph. What interests him is the use of power. And what he can achieve over others and how he can bend others to his will. Some of the villains are deluded, leading them to evil ie Stromberg, Blofeld and Drax.

I havent worked out Kamal Khans motivation yet? A cut of the profits in the nuclear wasteland?
    Drax, Stromberg and Zorin

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Boris... Altough he was super awesome.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Boris... Altough he was super awesome.
    And INVINCIBLE! Except not really... :-D
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    No, what makes him awesome is that Walken single-handedly created the stereotype that all Bond villains are sociopaths, even though he is the only sociopath in the franchise.
    Stromberg and Drax both wanted to extinguish the human race but they're not sociopaths?

• tqbtqb
    My vote would be Sanchez. That part where he put Krest in the decompression chamber to kill him always disturbed me as a kid
  • Vespa - just shagged another man alot to stop the other man she was shagging from being shagged. Nasty 2 dollar ho.

Sanchez (although I was rooting for him so I'd go for Dario he just looks twisted and mean).

And of course, don't forget the duplicate pussy from DAF.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Stromberg
    Drax
    Klebb
    Bunt

All despicable. It's like they had no soul.

Honorable mention goes to the dragon from Dr. No. His bad breath was too much for poor Quarrel.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    In the German dubbed version, Zorin's creator Mortner jhails from Poland, and all hints towards Mortner to be a former sadistic NS scientist have been deleted and dubbed otherwise. But then in DIE HARD, Alan Rickman's "Hans Gruber" became "Jack Gruber", and only in DHWAC his brother Simon and he were actaully revealed to be German (mind you, in the German dubbing, there isn't anything like a thick German accent...).

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 1,261
    Oh yes, here we go:

1. Auric Goldfinger
    2. Max Zorin
    3. Franz Sanchez
    4. Karl Stromberg
    5. Scaramanga
    I,m pretty sure Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes (I,m still convinced he's gonna be a baddie) will prove alot more of a threat than Dominic Greene!