GoldenEye 007: Reloaded - Combat Walkthrough

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
edited October 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 3,277

xxx

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I like the look of this game. A good Bond game at last, it can't be...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I like that this time, you're on the scene when the EMP attack happens. And the game doesn't look too bad in this video. However, i'm more excited for U3, which is under a fortnight away.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,399
    just noticed a gaming error.... if the goldeneye knocked out all the electrical circuits in the area - then how do some of the guards have working flashlights? lol

anyway.. this game looks stunning visually - without a doubt the best looking Bond game to date.. cannot wait to get this game on November 1st - it looks to be a lot of fun.. and with an improved multiplayer, this game should have a longer lifespan than previous Bond games... i just wish they didn't decide to release it in the midst of games like Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3, Skyrim, Gears of War 3 - which are already out, or on the verge of coming out - i know they want it out for the holiday season... but i believe to maximize sales, they should've released it sooner, or held it back for after the new year...... but what do I know, i'm just a fat guy who lives in ohio lol.
  • I agree its the best looking Bond game to date and cannot wait to get this game on November 1st.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Of course it is the best looking Bond game yet. If the dev team cares about the look of the game the graphics will always be better as time goes on and gaming engines advance.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Of course it is the best looking Bond game yet. If the dev team cares about the look of the game the graphics will always be better as time goes on and gaming engines advance.
    thats just stating the obvious.. gaming graphics are obviously going to get better looking as time goes on...

what i am saying is that it looks better than QOS did (obviously) and it even trumps last years Blood Stone and Goldeneye for the Wii by miles....... honestly, from the horrendous modeling in those games, and the way there seemed to be no real change in modeling from QOS to Blood Stone - there was cause for worry moving forward - but it looks like they really crafted something nice with this game.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't see how the modeling in BS didn't change from QoS. I see a very large change between the games. A lot of QoS was clunky and Bond and other characters were quite disproportionate. In BS the models look very pretty, and all the polygons flesh out the characters to a realistic body size for each character.
    they look exactly the same to me - as if they ported the character models over from QOS, and just reused them in Blood Stone...

Quantum Of Solace

Blood Stone

... im sorry - but after watching both trailers again just to refresh my memory - there is almost no difference in the model design... movement is almost identical - and even the brief glimpses of combat look identical.. the only difference between the games, is that one was 1st person, and the other was 3rd person...

the details in the facial construction during the cutscenes of Blood Stone, were rubbery and just terrible - the only sign of expression they show is blinking eyes, and moving mouths - beyond that, they show about as much emotion, as a rock - their faces never move.. not just in Bond, but in all the models..... the time where the game looks great, is only during the driving sequences - which is no surprise, considering that the same company who made this made the Blur series - so they've had previous experience in that area.... but beyond that, everything was average IMO... it didn't feel like a step forward at all in design and construction from QOS - it felt like a step sideways.

I take nothing away from the full game itself, i enjoyed the campaign - but the models were dull, rubbery and lifeless.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 2,107
    It hasn't been long, and I'm almost certain that I saw Craig move an eyebrow. I've never seen the real McCoy do the same :p

Rubbery, yes. But I saw a difference between the models in QoS and BS. EoN still looks better though and there's a six year gap between those games.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited October 2011 Posts: 7,854
    Y'know, I'd be a little bit more interested if,

A.) I hadn't already played and beaten this on the Wii,
    B.) there was more advancement than just in the multiplayer arena and MI6 Ops,
    C.) I had the 60 bucks to shell out to pay for a year-old game, that was only 50 bucks when it came out the first time.

All three points apply, but especially number C.
    I'm interested in this because ;

A) It's Bond
    B) It's from Eurocom
    C) It's semi-original
    D) Because I just am

B) It's from Eurocom
    Most people are forgetting that this is from Eurocom. When a friend asked me who they were I said "they made Nightfire" and it got his interest up. TWINE on n64 was also awesome. Can't wait for this!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Ugh. Looks horrible. Action, more action, even more action... Where has the stealth missions from the original GE007 gone ?
    Ugh. Looks horrible. Action, more action, even more action... Where has the stealth missions from the original GE007 gone ?
    There's another video walkthrough showing off a stealth mission which looked awesome
    There's another video walkthrough showing off a stealth mission which looked awesome
    Which is why the combat video featured "action, more action, even more action". Makes sense to me!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Plus, if you EVER followed the game's original release on the Wii, the developers made it clear that you could play the game either way: action or stealth. Because I suck at first-person stealth, I generally drew more action.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    i just wish they didn't decide to release it in the midst of games like Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3, Skyrim, Gears of War 3 - which are already out, or on the verge of coming out - i know they want it out for the holiday season... but i believe to maximize sales, they should've released it sooner, or held it back for after the new year......
    With the exception of it coming out after the new year (I don't want to wait longer lol), I agree. I have a feeling the sales for this game are not going to be great because other, bigger, titles are being released around it. From Batman: Arkham City to the likes of Battlefield 3 and Skyrim (I'm willing to bet this will be game of the year).

Let's not forget that it's a port of a year-old Wii game that's being sold for the full price of a brand new game. Nobody will pay $60 to buy a year-old game when they can pay that same $60 to buy a brand new one.
    Let's not forget that it's a port of a year-old Wii game that's being sold for the full price of a brand new game. Nobody will pay $60 to buy a year-old game when they can pay that same $60 to buy a brand new one.
    It not a year old for the consoles it's being released one. Plus many who own these consoles would have not played this game. Whether people buy it, we shall see.
    The stealth in this is incredible. If you play 007 Classic, with body armor and the old health bar, there is literally no way you can survive without stealth. I used to have plan out every headshot on the wii, just like on the N64, and If I missed I was screwed. I woud try and retry, because every but of health counts. The levels are massive.

The game has crazy good stealth. If the guy was playing like that on a harder difficulty, he would've been screwed. In fact, the video was trying to mislead COD fans into thinking it was your run n gun modern shooter. But it is faaaar from it. Not that you could be convinced.

• edited October 2011 Posts: 20
    Sorry. Double (O) Post
    It not a year old for the consoles it's being released one. Plus many who own these consoles would have not played this game. Whether people buy it, we shall see.
    I said it was a PORT of a year-old game, not that the port itself was a year old. And a lot of people bought Wii's to play GoldenEye, or they convinced friends who had Wii's to buy GoldenEye so that they could play it (I was lucky. My friend had a Wii, and planned on buying it).

But still, $60 for a port of a game that was $50 to begin with...
    And a lot of people bought Wii's to play GoldenEye, or they convinced friends who had Wii's to buy GoldenEye so that they could play it (I was lucky. My friend had a Wii, and planned on buying it).
    How do you come to this conclusion? I still say there are a number of people who haven't played GoldenEye who own an XBox 360/PS3.
    I asked around. There are more Bond fans in Goshen, Indiana than I thought there were.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    And a lot of people bought Wii's to play GoldenEye, or they convinced friends who had Wii's to buy GoldenEye so that they could play it.
    If anyone actually bought a Wii just so they could play one game then, I have to say, they're an idiot.
    My parents own a Wii so I went out and bought Goldeneye. Played it, beat it, liked the story, thought the graphics sucked, and thought the controls sucked, then sold it. Needless to say I'm excited for this game to come on the 360/PS3, so I can have a much better experience that Goldeneye deserves.
    I had no graphical expectations. I know the Wii isn't as powerful as the PS3/360, so I knew it wouldn't look that good. That, and I don't really care about graphics. My only graphical desire is, unless it's a port (I don't need Pac-Man to have 3D graphics to enjoy it on any console), I ask that it look good for that console. GoldenEye DID look good on the Wii. And, as for the controls, I knew the Wiimote would suck for the game, so I used the GameCube controller.
    I sensed through the Force that they would release this on ps3/billbox360, so I didn't buy a Wii. Lucky me I was/am strong in the Force and not some stormtrooper idiot.
  • I know I'm gonna end up getting this because I'm a sucker for anything Bond, but it really does irritate me that they basically are releasing the same damn game 2 years in a row.
    Y'know, when Konami does it with Metal Gear games, I don't care because they add REAL extras to the game. All Activision is doing is HD'ing the game and adding one game mode.
    I know I'm gonna end up getting this because I'm a sucker for anything Bond, but it really does irritate me that they basically are releasing the same damn game 2 years in a row.
    Still... We have two Craig games to help us pass the time before Bond 23 hits the cinemas around the world.

One wholly original, another semi-original re-imaging of an older game and movie, all packed in a new Craig-era package.