What do topical definitions like 'hate', 'ultra-nationalism' & 'xenophobia' mean according to you?

I think this is a fundamental question nowadays.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    When deep down you fundamentally hate yourself, you tend to hate others as a flawed pressure valve.
    Ultra-nationalism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. It's a permission slip for violent activity.
    Xenophobia is the result of not being well travelled, and is exaccerbated by surrounding one's self with reclusive, fearful idiots that feel the same way.

Fear is the reactor, ignorance the cooling rods. Meltdown is the result.
    They are part of western society again no?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Western society is drenched in them. At least on THIS side of the pond.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Western society is drenched in them. At least on THIS side of the pond.

Since 9/11, since the 2008 financial crisis, since the immigrant crisis that started in 2015, since.....more and more ISIS-attacks take place........Western Society, both the USA and Europe, have indeed been drenched in fear, hate, xenophobia and ultra-nationalism.

I think many ISIS-sympathizers would say now: "Job well done buddies!! :D "

And the shittiest thing of all is this: We don't see it :-S :( . A good example is the reaction of Donald Trump earlier this year during the Brussels terrorist attacks. I felt sickened by his remarks that it's basically Belgium's own fault. Not even a single "My heart goes to all the victims". And now it happens on US-soil, and suddenly "We have to protect our dearest LGBT people better!"
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2016 Posts: 12,459
    I don't how this thread is going to end up. But it is rooted in fear, yes. Fear of anything different, lack of self esteem (that can apply to a whole country or culture). America and western culture, yes, it is an issue - but also those places are not alone with being burdened with it, believe me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Anders Behring Brexit.
  • Anders Behring Brexit.

What is that supposed to mean :-)?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    One was lead to believe it was on that level horrible.
  • I find the 'word play' slightly distasteful..... Sorry.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I think @4EverBonded post above says it best.
    This is a Bond forum.
This discussion has been closed.