How were the 1980's politically?

2»

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

"Further, in the face of corporate globalization and business technology, two other forces making the middle-class work force increasingly obsolete, the only hope for a revival of the Great American Middle Class is for the government to increase taxes on the rich, the ones who have gained the most from cheap foreign labor and advances in computer technology, in order to fund projects to build and strengthen the nation, from infrastructure to education to research and development to care for the sick and elderly to environmental protections.

In other words, the only strategy that makes sense for the average American is to reject the theories of Ronald Reagan and the Right. Rather than seeing the government as “the problem” and higher taxes on the rich as “bad,” the American people must come to understand that, to a great extent, government has to be a big part of the solution."

^THIS!!!^
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Bunch of damned hippies on here.
    Jackson Browne to you, Son.

:))
    My "yes" was originally for @chrisisall. But you snuck in, @Birdleson. ;)
    But it fits as a response to you, too.
    I've never seen them, but I love that song and it was a strong part of my childhood.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Bunch of damned hippies on here.

Hey, I resemble that remark...

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The worst enemy ever for the normal people (middle class) was helped by Thatcher and Reagan to take control over the free world: NEOLIBERALISM
    And it has won.
    Netanyahu, Berlusconi, Orban and others belong to the more recent leaders of that spawn of the devil.
    Ronald Reagan was president, he had the Soviets in a panic. They were overreaching , shooting down Korean airliners based on them being paranoid... overspending on their overblown defense budget, basically peeing their pants...CIA and others were committing crimes by mining Nicaragua territorial waters...and Reagan was down to sucking off South Africa, pariah of nations because they were anti communist.