PRINCE Rogers Nelson 1958 - 2016

2»

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @BondJasonBond006, I've always felt that some of the best New Jack Swing tracks did indeed draw from Prince's brash funk fueled 80's hits and then added the New Jack layer on top.

As an example, Prince's influences are all over anthems of that style like Johnny Gill's "Rub You The Right Way", Johnny Kemp's "Just Got Paid', & Color Me Badd's" I Wanna Sex You Up".

Heck, even Michael Jackson aped this style for his Teddy Riley New Jack spawned hit "In The Closet" from 1991's Dangerous album.

And yes, I love Sheila E's "A Love Bizarre'.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I still can't believe he's gone :(
    May 1987 may have been the happiest month in my life and Prince's two concerts of the Sign'o'the times tour had a big part in it. The soundtrack to easygoing happy unconcerned teens that was me and my brother.
    This really hurts.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    @bondjames

I was dancing through that era all night long, such great music.
    In that case I guess you love all the stuff Babyface produced in that time as well.
    Bobby Brown's Bobby 1992, Babyface's Tender Lover 1990 and Sheena Easton's The Lover In Me 1988 all belong to my "Top 100 albums of all time".

Sheena Easton also had quite a lot of success with Prince.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f-Alq8rJIbo"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not from Prince (from Babyface) but you can see Prince's influence perfectly here:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r3mSb6IGCZw"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here another unforgettable classic!
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/56gpwl6cohc"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Yes Baby face is class.....Two occasions is my favourite track by him though. Also remember Al B Sure....Nite and day. Another great track from that era.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just read that he hadn t slept for over six days when he died. I would probably die from that as well.
    Just read that he hadn t slept for over six days when he died. I would probably die from that as well.

Yes I read that too. If he has worked himself to death, that's really tragic.
    I guess from what is known, we can assume it was heart failure.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Media reports yesterday said, that Prince's death could have something to do with his use of strong pain medication that he needed since having replaced his hips in hip surgery, some years ago.
    A doctor was contacted the day before he died. When the doctor's son (working for him) arrived at Paisley Park, he found Prince dead.

More details will probably arise soon enough and eventually we will know if the medication was the reason for Prince's death. Although an overdose was already ruled out, it still will probably turn out to be a vital element in Prince's untimely death.

It's all so tragic really.
    It is more or less confirmed now that Prince died of a pain med overdose. He wasn't an addict but his hips (he had hip replacement surgery years ago) and his knees made a lot of trouble.

This is so unfortunate. Rest in piece my Prince, I'll always miss you.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The medical industry does kill an awful lot of people.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    The medical industry does kill an awful lot of people.

Quite ironic, that, isn't it?

This very nice double CD set with unreleased photography from legendary Herb Ritts and a foreword from President Obama has just hit the stores.

40 songs, 1 of them is an unreleased one from Prince's Vault.

PRINCE 4EVER

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It's frustrating that with all the great unreleased Prince material we are given one new song. And that one is widely available on bootleg anyway.
    @NicNac

Agree, but that a best of would be the first release was certain and logical I'd say.
    We have to wait. That stuff will come that's for certain. Prince's Vault is huge, rumoured to include several hundred finished songs from all eras.
    As they will be able to make money with it, at least some will see the light of day.
    People need to wake up : authentic signatures are extremely scarce...you will not find them dirt cheap , an auction house only had 8 of his in the last 12 yrs , that's how rare he is !
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    This is certainly an interesting tribute from David Icke: