The Night Manager

13»

Comments

bondjames wrote: »
    Is there going to be a season 2 of this show? Last I heard they were in the early stages of figuring it out. I certainly hope so, because it was excellent stuff. I was reminded of LTK during many stages of it.
    I hope there will be no next season. It is beautiful as a standalone piece, I doubt another season would bring any benefit.

• RC7RC7
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Is there going to be a season 2 of this show? Last I heard they were in the early stages of figuring it out. I certainly hope so, because it was excellent stuff. I was reminded of LTK during many stages of it.
    I hope there will be no next season. It is beautiful as a standalone piece, I doubt another season would bring any benefit.

I agree. Sadly 2 is happening.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Thrasos wrote: »
    On the other hand, while I think he definitely has some Bond qualities, I think the character requires someone darker (and I don't mean just hair color), with more emotional or physical heft, and a deeper voice, and I think there are probably better candidates out there, if and when DC steps aside.

Hiddleston in The Night Manager struck me as soon as I saw him as being quite Craiglike...which is why I think he shouldn't be Bond. Let's get someone a bit different.

Hiddleston has a far more Eton/ public school boy/ Officer tone about his character in TNM than Craig would have achieved. I think he would be different as Bond.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Thrasos wrote: »
    On the other hand, while I think he definitely has some Bond qualities, I think the character requires someone darker (and I don't mean just hair color), with more emotional or physical heft, and a deeper voice, and I think there are probably better candidates out there, if and when DC steps aside.

Hiddleston in The Night Manager struck me as soon as I saw him as being quite Craiglike...which is why I think he shouldn't be Bond. Let's get someone a bit different.

Hiddleston has a far more Eton/ public school boy/ Officer tone about his character in TNM than Craig would have achieved. I think he would be different as Bond.
    I think as Bond he would have nothing in common with Craig. At least if his strengths were played.

Probably true....just the blonde hair.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I think he can bring a similar intensity, but he's much suaver. Anyway, from what I've read, Babs has ruled him out due to smugness (or poor taste in friends), so we move on.
    I think he can bring a similar intensity, but he's much suaver. Anyway, from what I've read, Babs has ruled him out due to smugness (or poor taste in friends), so we move on.

Shame.
    Just revisiting this series. On episode 1 right now which is set primarily in Cairo.

I had forgotten how good this was. Tense, gritty and riveting. Love it.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Just revisiting this series. On episode 1 right now which is set primarily in Cairo.

I had forgotten how good this was. Tense, gritty and riveting. Love it.

I also loved it! Them locations!!!!
    Just finished it off.

This is an absolutely superb miniseries imho. It's even better the 2nd time around.

I had a wide grin on my face throughout much of this. It's just that good.

It reminds me a lot of classic 60's Bond. Susanne Bier and the entire cast/team truly deserve all the credit they got for this piece of compelling television. Well done!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2023 Posts: 4,438
    Season 2 finaly

https://www.darkhorizons.com/night-manager-season-2-in-the-works/
    “Night Manager” Season 2 In The Works
    By Garth Franklin

AMC
    Amazon Prime Video, The Ink Factory and the BBC are all reportedly at work on a second season of the smash John le Carre adaptation “The Night Manager” with Tom Hiddleston set to reprise his role as Jonathan Pine.

David Farr, who wrote the original, is back for the new run and the project will reportedly film later this year in London and South America. Whilst no greenlit has been handed out as yet, reportedly it is set to receive a two-season order.

Following the show’s premiere in 2016, there has been talk of a second season but none of it has ever really panned out until today.

The original starred Hiddleston as Pine, the night manager of a luxury Cairo hotel and former British soldier who is recruited by the manager (Olivia Colman) of a Foreign Office taskforce to infiltrate the inner circle of a dangerous arms dealer (Hugh Laurie).

The new season will be set in the present day and
    begins with Pine being informed of Roper’s death.
    He now has to face up to a new, even more deadly challenge. Tom Hollander, Elizabeth Debicki and David Harewood co-starred in the original which won two Emmys and three Golden Globes.

Source: Deadline

Dutch NPO 1 channel showing first season and repeat once later. I hope there wil repeat again.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    This is unexpected, but exciting news. I really enjoyed the first season, and figured it was a one off. So, the possibility of a second season is welcome news.