If you could re-enact any pre-titles sequence in real life, which would you choose?

2»

Comments

I want to be the guy sat on the bog in the GoldenEye PTS.
  • I want to be the guy who gets electrified through the ears in the LALD PTS.
    I want to be bystander # 16 at the Day of the Dead
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 337
    I want to be the guy looking into the gunbarrel in the Dr No PTS.

EDIT: How humiliating would it be to be killed by someone who's hopscotching while shooting?
    I want to be Peter Hunt getting his reflection in the Universal Exports plaque in the OHMSS titles - that would be COOL
  • I want to be Dryden shooting an empty gun at Bond.
    I want to be a tourist in Gibraltar
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited April 2016 Posts: 5,131
    LALD. Bond is clearly in bed with the Italian Agent at this time and there no danger.
    TSWLM, GE, and SP because i am greedy! :-bd
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    @Dragonpol - Not sure what you were thanking me for, but you're welcome.

I was just thanking you for explaining you username really and generally being nice. :)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116
    suavejmf wrote: »
    LALD. Bond is clearly in bed with the Italian Agent at this time and there no danger.

You so beat me to this lol ...even though not technically the PTS I guess.

Any prelude where I'm not in any danger whatsoever..

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    TSWLM, but the problem is I probably wouldn't heed the call for England from the watch. I'd continue to attempt to enhance the vocabulary of my cohort. Sure will be a cheap PTS. Save some money on stunts and won't have to put up with Anya's whining later on because her beau will still be around.
    From Russia with Love... I wont have to break a sweat, I can use a double wearing a mask ;))
  • bondjames wrote: »
    TSWLM, but the problem is I probably wouldn't heed the call for England from the watch. I'd continue to attempt to enhance the vocabulary of my cohort. Sure will be a cheap PTS. Save some money on stunts and won't have to put up with Anya's whining later on because her beau will still be around.

You'll be killed :)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I was just thanking you for explaining you username really and generally being nice. :)

Ah, alright. Any time.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I want to be Tanner in the Skyfall PTS

;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    TripAces wrote: »
    I want to be Tanner in the Skyfall PTS

;)

I'd rather be shot.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 3,000
    Dr. NO.

True, the gunbarrel scene is something that I'd actually be able to do, unlike the stunt-filled action sequences of other PTS's.

Most of us, if we tried a Bond-style action stunt;
    2bdd034d7680adfab0300322f226deaf.gif
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Besides AVTAK I'd do TSWLM.
    Again getting laid and skiing. The combination of those two sports are unrivalled :D
    @Bmw_with_missiles - What's worse is the fact that failure in most of those stunts would result in death. And not a particularly pleasant one, either.
    @Bmw_with_missiles - What's worse is the fact that failure in most of those stunts would result in death. And not a particularly pleasant one, either.

I take it you mean our own deaths? ;)
    @Dragonpol - Let's see:

1. TSWLM - If I don't die while skiing, then I'll ski off the edge and fall forever to my death.

2. MR - I get pushed out of the door, I won't even be able to catch up to the guy. I'll just say my prayers (I'll probably get out a hundred) before I fall to my death.

3. FYEO - I might survive this if I do what Roger did and lock my hands with the windows, and then jump out if Blofeld ever maneuvers me near a roof or something. But again, chances are that I'd die (I'd never make it into the front cabin).

4. OP - My plane would probably crash into a rock face or something. If I somehow don't, then the missile will finish me.

5. AVTAK - The helicopter's machineguns will annihilate me.

6. TLD - I'd fall off the top of the car and plummet to my death.

7. LTK - I'd get shot dead.

8. GE - I'd just have my lunch on top of the dam and not even attempt to jump down.

9. TND - Assuming I could start up the plane, I'd fail to outmaneuver the missile and get blown up (assuming I don't crash into a mountain or something).

10. TWINE - I wouldn't be able to escape from Bilbao to begin with, but for the boat chase, I wouldn't be able to catch up to the woman and I'd fail the mission.

You get the point...
  • @Dragonpol - Let's see:

1. TSWLM - If I don't die while skiing, then I'll ski off the edge and fall forever to my death.

2. MR - I get pushed out of the door, I won't even be able to catch up to the guy. I'll just say my prayers (I'll probably get out a hundred) before I fall to my death.

3. FYEO - I might survive this if I do what Roger did and lock my hands with the windows, and then jump out if Blofeld ever maneuvers me near a roof or something. But again, chances are that I'd die (I'd never make it into the front cabin).

4. OP - My plane would probably crash into a rock face or something. If I somehow don't, then the missile will finish me.

8. GE - I'd just have my lunch on top of the dam and not even attempt to jump down.

9. TND - Assuming I could start up the plane, I'd fail to outmaneuver the missile and get blown up (assuming I don't crash into a mountain or something).

10. TWINE - I wouldn't be able to escape from Bilbao to begin with, but for the boat chase, I wouldn't be able to catch up to the woman and I'd fail the mission.

You get the point...

Anyone think they could do any of these? Yeah, putting yourself in Bond's shoes does make things seem way more difficult.

Only plausible ones (re-enacting Bond) might be YOLT (he didn't do much), DAF (Bond barely faced a worthy opponent here) and CR (if you can fight off Fisher).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    YOLT, no contest.
    @Dragonpol - Let's see:

You get the point...

Thank you, @stun_harvesting, that was very thorough and funny. :)
  • YOLT, no contest.

Yes, all you have to do is die.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The best PTS to re-enact would be FRWL, LALD or TMWTGG.
    Nothing to do, take a break and look how the others have to work their butts off :))
    Would love to give The World is Not Enough a try! Bilbao and the Thames Chase do it for me.
    I want to be in one of the cars going across one of the bridges in the TWINE pts
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    AVTAK, skiing away from the baddies, inventing snowboarding along the way and ending up banging Mary Stavin. B-)