The ultimate remake of TTMWTG

SexpionageSexpionage Suspended
edited September 2011 in Fan Creations Posts: 49
Lets face it, most of you know I dislike Moore's 007 tenure as Bond...I recently just finished reading TMWTGG and I loved it, so I decided to watch the movie as well, and boy let me tell you, EON and Cubby really missed out on a great plot and decided to make TMWTGG a comedy show instead of the gritty great story Fleming intended.

Scaramanga is basically the same thing as James Bond, a hit-man, but the only difference is, is that he doesn't have a license to kill. That's the only thing that separates them apart.

Here's my pitch, perhaps sometime in the near or late future EON productions and Barbara Brocolli decide to Remake the original Fleming novels just like CR in updated times and stay true to Flemings writing.

Remake TMWTTG

JamesBond -played by Daniel Craig
Scaramanga- played by Pierce Brosnan.

Yes Pierce Brosnan, he would play an amazing scaramanga, I can see it now him wearing a white tuxedo smoking a cigar with his silenced golden gun at his side. He would play the role as a mean,ruthless horribly tempered maniac that is absolutely capable of any act of torture.

throughout the film as bond ( Craig ) hunts down scaramanga, he gradually realizes that him and scaramanga are similar in some wats and bond starts to see the world from both sides...

I think Brosnan would make an excellenr scaramanga, and going against Craig as Bond in a realistic gritty way would be awesome.

Comments

Don't let DaltonCraig 007 see this thread!!!!! ;-)

What an idea, you have there, @Sexpionage. It would for sure be interesting to see Craig and Brosnan face off in a kooky, bizarre way.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople

Um...no.
  • SexpionageSexpionage Suspended

Um...no.
    umm.ok, lame contribution to the topic.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Brosnan as Scaramanga? I'll pass. We'd need a competent actor ;)
  • what next, Joe Don Baker as Honey Ryder?

keeping this short, this idea is really doomed to failure, Brosnan has played the role of bad guys in other films in the past such as The Long Good Friday and The Fourth Protocol to some effect but this upcoming variation seems a lousy idea, Bond or not

I actually prefer to keep The Man with the Golden Gun as it is, and I'm guessing it'll stay that way for some time to come
    Why on earth would EON re-cast a former James Bond in the role of a villain? That's assuming Brosnan would even be open to the role, given that he was unceremoniously dumped after DIE ANOTHER DAY.

And what else is in your pitch? So far is seems to be a case of "bring Brosnan back!" and little else. Your interpretation of Scaramanga seems at odds with both the Scaramanga in the novel and the Scaramanga in the film, and you have nothing that indicates where the plot would go.

I suppose Thievery Corporation would be performing the theme, though. It's good to know important matters like that have been sorted out.
  • oh no, not Thievery Corporation again :-))

;-)
  • Replace Brosnan with Dalton and you've got my full attention

I don't even care if he's old

Or hey-- maybe that Harrison ford rumor from before can show up again ;)
    Pierce Brosnan as a villain sure beats the hell out of Dominic green's character. and sure as hell beats the hell out of jaws. You guys don't realize that Brosnan had absolutely no control or direction with Bond. EON made him play the part as a unrealistic action hero, deep down Brosnan wanted to play the role seriously with realism and do an R-Rated bond flick...I found a great article online with Pierce Being interviewed... www.hollywoodgothique.com/brosnan.html
    If he had no direction or control as Bond, why would he have either as the villain considering that he'd be working for the very people who gave him no control or direction in the first place?
    dude I just think Pierce brosnan would be a good fuc*ing choice for scaramanga. he would be 100x better than Christopher lee
    I suddenly find myself on the floor in an extrodinary amount of pain. Judging by the way my chair is also on its side and my feelings of giddiness, I can only conclude that I fell out of my chair laughing.

Now that I'm back in my chair, allow me to get this straight:

You think Christopher Lee, one of the most iconic actors in Hollywood and a one-time member of the Special Operations Executive - the covert WWII guerilla warfare unit that inspired Ian Fleming to create James Bond - could be out-acted by the man whose most notable contribution to acting was Painface?

Oh, look. The floor is suddenly rushing up to meet me again ...
  • How about they come up with an original idea for a film and leave the past films alone, I'm sure there are plenty of people who like the MWTGG as it is?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I suddenly find myself on the floor in an extrodinary amount of pain. Judging by the way my chair is also on its side and my feelings of giddiness, I can only conclude that I fell out of my chair laughing.

Now that I'm back in my chair, allow me to get this straight:

You think Christopher Lee, one of the most iconic actors in Hollywood and a one-time member of the Special Operations Executive - the covert WWII guerilla warfare unit that inspired Ian Fleming to create James Bond - could be out-acted by the man whose most notable contribution to acting was Painface?

Oh, look. The floor is suddenly rushing up to meet me again ...
    :-))
    How about they come up with an original idea for a film and leave the past films alone, I'm sure there are plenty of people who like the MWTGG as it is?
    Ahhhhhh.......never mind.....(BROKEN RECORD)
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 289
    ohok change Scaramunga.....

to: Michael C. Hall

dye his hair orange.....his Scaramunga was American...say instead of a circus background why not make him one of trick shot/speed shooting that is popular now. So you still have the fast draw and deadly accurate shot.

i wouldnt remake LALD but rename it and make it more based on the book but in north africa maybe? why not Cuba and Venezuela?

call it: KISS KISS BANG BANG :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Pierce Brosnan as a villain sure beats the hell out of Dominic green's character. and sure as hell beats the hell out of jaws. You guys don't realize that Brosnan had absolutely no control or direction with Bond. EON made him play the part as a unrealistic action hero, deep down Brosnan wanted to play the role seriously with realism and do an R-Rated bond flick...I found a great article online with Pierce Being interviewed... www.hollywoodgothique.com/brosnan.html
    Don't worry. We know all this. I appreciate the fact that Bosnan wasn't always overjoyed with the material they (i.e. P&W) threw at him. I know that he always wanted a film a bit more like CR.

That, however, doesn't remove the element of acting skills from the equation. I'm not saying Brosnan was a poor Bond or, more generally speaking, a poor actor. But he is and was limited in what he could do and bring to the character IMO.

To re-quote @SJK91, let's keep this hidden from @DaltonCraig007! Haha.
    In all seriousness, I do agree that TMWTGG should have been more serious-toned and focused on Bond hunting down Scaramanga and vice versa, rather than the distracting Solex energy plot, which wasn't the most inventive. Why would Scaramanga invest in a huge multi-million dollar solar energy facility deal, when he already has a load of cash off kills, and continues to gain more! And besides, he's trying to remain HIDDEN! I doubt that a handshake-deal with an influential millionaire businessman will leave him hidden for too long! I still don't understand the reasoning behind this, other than the history background about the solar energy crisis going on in '74.
    For me the Brain Washing bit from TMWTGG and MR book as a plot
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I agreed that this movie shouldn't be remade and Brosnan as Scaramanga is a bad idea, but this thread is making me realize that Brosnan gets very little love from Bond fans. It's kind of bringing me down =(. Connery and Brosnan are my two favorite Bonds.
  • ok, brosnan was awesome and could've been a much better bond but christopher lee is an awesome actor who's been around for years and brosnan would NOT make a bettter villian than him. As somebody above said dalton would be a better choice, but I'd prefer that they didn't remake any bond flicks and if they did they didn't use former bonds.

They shouldn't remake any bond films but if they remake any film it should be dr no, its so old now i want to see what it looks like in the present. Hey, christopher lee could play dr no, he's not too old and he did star wars afew years back
    I agreed that this movie shouldn't be remade and Brosnan as Scaramanga is a bad idea, but this thread is making me realize that Brosnan gets very little love from Bond fans. It's kind of bringing me down =(. Connery and Brosnan are my two favorite Bonds.
    We Brosnan fans need to stick together!
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 12,837
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ????????????????????????
  • Perfect timing as I actually watched this for the most part an hour or so ago

I can appreciate any Moore berating, he wasn't my cup of tea for his main Bond tenure but if you look here and there he actually does fit the profile as a bonafide secret agent and what Fleming would of been content with

This is easier to watch than some of Moore's later fare especially in his last two features, obviously he looks a lot younger here, and there's a fight scene in a Beirut club where Moore actually looks feasible in some hand to hand combat, whereas in A View To A Kill at the Sutton mansion you simply have to look away as a 57 year old Moore makes a complete hash of it, mind you, it was his swansong and I don't think it was meant to be taken that seriously

Once again, Golden Gun should be left where it is in 1974, Moore actually does not too bad a job, was still a plausible oo7 agent and does offer some exciting scenes, and at least left out the campy humor and lame one liners to a lesser extent until future releases
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    We Brosnan fans need to stick together!
    lol yes at times it seems we only have eachother.

:p
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,972
    Here's some of the best advice you're likely to hear: DON'T REMAKE ANY OF THE FILMS! EVER! Just take the best bits that haven't been used from the novels and make completely new movies! That would be ultimate!

(Brosnan Fans Are Forever)
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 645
    It's a neat idea to think about, but prolly shouldn't happen. I'd watch it, sure. I was a big Brosnan fan and honestly I likes the 70s quirky Moore film humor. You can't recreate that kind of quality. Sure I can see a remake of TMWTGG, (because eventually the next,next generation will be interested in seeing a new version) BUT it while be a while. We also know what most people think about Remakes. :P