SPECTRE (2015) - Fanon Adaptation

edited September 2016 in Fan Creations Posts: 591
2cmw4qs.jpg
Now that Spectre has been released on DVD and most people on here should have seen it by now, I thought I'd take the recent free time I have to work on my version of the twenty-fourth James Bond film. I setup this discussion: [url][/url]SPECTRE: What would you have done differently? (SPOILERS)

I'm not trying to say that Spectre was terrible because I loved it but personally I just didn't find it the twenty-fourth James Bond film I was hoping/looking for after Skyfall. I think the tone shifted from what Mendes had created when I feel like they should've kept what they had going with Skyfall, but unfortunately I feel like they went down the route of okay let's look at everything people liked about old James Bond films and put in one film whereas Skyfall did it's own thing while honouring the previous films.

I'm going to be using 'High Time to Kill' by Raymond Benson as 'adaptation' material as I think the film and the book have some things in common already and we've some fine tuning, it could be seen as an adaptation of the Benson novel.

If anyone wants to know anything about what I'm going to do or has any tips or even ideas of what they think should've or could've happened in the twenty-fourth Bond film. Please let me know.

Please visit: http://jamesbondfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page for more information.

Comments

  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 19,952
    *bump*

    Hoping there will be more input from our members here. :)
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 591
    DELETED
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 19,952
    Is it The Union Corse? :p

    Edit: are you going for a period film? I mean, microfilms are very much a thing of the past... I'm always interested in a Bond film that's set in the past.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    Is it The Union Corse? :p

    Edit: are you going for a period film? I mean, microfilms are very much a thing of the past... I'm always interested in a Bond film that's set in the past.

    No it's not haha and no it's not a period film, the book is just being updated to more modern times.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 591
    SPECTRE ANNOUNCENT


    Here is the cast for my re-attempt at Spectre, directed by Sam Mendes, which shall be based on the Raymond Benson novel 'High Time to Kill''. Returning cast members include Daniel Craig as James Bond, Rory Kinnear as Bill Tanner, Ben Whishaw as Q, Naomie Harris as Moneypenny, Ralph Fiennes as M and Jesper Christensen as Mr. White.

    New cast members include Burn Gorman as Denbigh, David Bautista as Mr Hinx, Zoe Saldana as Lucia Suárez, Léa Seydoux as Madeleine Swann, Alexander Siddig as Kazim, Joey Ansah as Vogel and finally, Christoph Waltz as Franz Oberhauser. All characters are loosely based on characters from Benson's novel.

    Locations for SPECTRE will include Pinewood Studios London, Mexico City, Rome, Tangier in Morocco. Bond is also back in the snow, this time in Austria as well as other locations. The 24th Bond outing will also see a brand new Aston Martin designed specially for this film, called the DB10.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    You can have Oberhauser as the current leader of Spectre/SPECTRE, and keep his relative branches with Bond intact as in the film, but detach the Blofeld identity and save it for someone else in the end who decidedly will "keep an eye of his own on Bond" as he earns the throne of the organization in the end.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 591
    [DELETED]
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,566
    Very nice work, @MadeleineSwann.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,021
    I find the whole idea very interesting.
    It's just that for me SPECTRE is perfect as it is, but I will look at this as an alternate reality SPECTRE :)
    I will give this some thought and come back to you.
  • Thank you @jake24, and thank you for your point @BondJasonBond006, I'll look forward to hearing from you.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 19,952
    Good stuff, @MadeleineSwann! I really think you distilled something dark and intriguing out of SP's actual trailers (and some extra footage?). Omitting some of the more - let's say controversial - things about the film, leaves us with the bare essentials of what feels like a powerful film in the making. I really like what you did with the music too! :-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Costa Mucho
    Posts: 41,940
    Looks good. I would kill for you. Darth Dimi, for instance?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,604
    Very good! What is the Hummer looking thing on skis from?
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 591
    Very good! What is the Hummer looking thing on skis from?

    Thank you @PropertyOfALady, and its from Inception.
  • Posts: 10,664
    While I wish certain things were different, I enjoyed Spectre. This re-work is very interesting though; nice work!
  • Posts: 1,181
    Very nice work here! Cuts it down to the core of Bond.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    Very very interesting and impressive work
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 791
    Christoph Waltz was Blofield while we & they I mean the characters though he was Franz Oberhauser. But when knew first with name you know them then later when you though they dead they appear with with different name. I couldn't believe Blofield was Bond foster Brother. In Bond 25 he will escape very different to Mr White way.
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ http://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 14,946
    How about just a straight adaptation of HTTK instead?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Posts: 9,117
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    How about just a straight adaptation of HTTK instead?

    If, as seems inevitable, they continue with the Franz Oberhauser/Blofeld storyline then they could do worse than a climax where the two of them fight to the death halfway up a mountain.

    Although personally I'd rather forget the whole stepbrother thing ever existed.
  • Dragonpol wrote: »
    How about just a straight adaptation of HTTK instead?

    Because besides some big points, I do think Spectre was a worthy successor to Skyfall, I just think it needed some changes and as HTTK is one of my favourite conintuation novels, I thought I'd take the opportunity to see it adapted somehow.

    Dragonpol wrote: »
    How about just a straight adaptation of HTTK instead?

    If, as seems inevitable, they continue with the Franz Oberhauser/Blofeld storyline then they could do worse than a climax where the two of them fight to the death halfway up a mountain.

    Although personally I'd rather forget the whole stepbrother thing ever existed.

    And to answer your question the Oberhauser/Blofeld storyline will not be continued, Blofeld will only appear as a background character in the SPECTRE meeting, and Oberhauser will just become a high ranking member who is the main villain of the film. I just think introducing SPECTRE and Blofeld at the same time got the writers, especially John Logan, over-excited, and I feel by focusing just on one then you allow yourself more room to also create a great Bond film, not saying Spectre was bad but they could've done better.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Posts: 9,117
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    How about just a straight adaptation of HTTK instead?

    Because besides some big points, I do think Spectre was a worthy successor to Skyfall, I just think it needed some changes and as HTTK is one of my favourite conintuation novels, I thought I'd take the opportunity to see it adapted somehow.

    Dragonpol wrote: »
    How about just a straight adaptation of HTTK instead?

    If, as seems inevitable, they continue with the Franz Oberhauser/Blofeld storyline then they could do worse than a climax where the two of them fight to the death halfway up a mountain.

    Although personally I'd rather forget the whole stepbrother thing ever existed.

    And to answer your question the Oberhauser/Blofeld storyline will not be continued, Blofeld will only appear as a background character in the SPECTRE meeting, and Oberhauser will just become a high ranking member who is the main villain of the film. I just think introducing SPECTRE and Blofeld at the same time got the writers, especially John Logan, over-excited, and I feel by focusing just on one then you allow yourself more room to also create a great Bond film, not saying Spectre was bad but they could've done better.

    Sorry I was talking about EON doing that.

    I agree with you entirely that in SP Oberhauser should've been a Largo type villain with Blofeld only appearing in shadow in the meeting scene and maybe at the end.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 591
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    How about just a straight adaptation of HTTK instead?

    Because besides some big points, I do think Spectre was a worthy successor to Skyfall, I just think it needed some changes and as HTTK is one of my favourite conintuation novels, I thought I'd take the opportunity to see it adapted somehow.

    Dragonpol wrote: »
    How about just a straight adaptation of HTTK instead?

    If, as seems inevitable, they continue with the Franz Oberhauser/Blofeld storyline then they could do worse than a climax where the two of them fight to the death halfway up a mountain.

    Although personally I'd rather forget the whole stepbrother thing ever existed.

    And to answer your question the Oberhauser/Blofeld storyline will not be continued, Blofeld will only appear as a background character in the SPECTRE meeting, and Oberhauser will just become a high ranking member who is the main villain of the film. I just think introducing SPECTRE and Blofeld at the same time got the writers, especially John Logan, over-excited, and I feel by focusing just on one then you allow yourself more room to also create a great Bond film, not saying Spectre was bad but they could've done better.

    Sorry I was talking about EON doing that.

    I agree with you entirely that in SP Oberhauser should've been a Largo type villain with Blofeld only appearing in shadow in the meeting scene and maybe at the end.

    Oh I see, my mistake :)
Sign In or Register to comment.