Pierce Brosnan says wife Keely is his leading lady

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited September 2011 in News Posts: 1,380
Former James Bond star Pierce Brosnan may have to act out scenes of love with Hollywood’s most beautiful actresses but he only has eyes for his wife of 10 years, Keely.

“There are a few ladies out there who capture my heart cinematically,” admits the 58-year-old actor to Woman’s Weekly. “And working with them is one of the perks of my job.

“I can dance the light fantastic with anyone I like on screen but Keely and I both know that what I do there is fantasy not reality and that I hang up my hat and come home to the one I love.

“I was blessed to find my Keely and she’s still the only woman for me.”

Comments

Good for her.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Ah, that's great to hear, I'm pleased for Pierce. I only hope I can be as happily married as him when I reach his age.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Is this news?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Is this news?
    Actor news, yes.

I suppose anything regarding actors of Bond films that hits the headlines is.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 886
    Fair play to the man. Always struck me as a very decent person, husband and dad.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Great guy and he and his wife are very lucky to have one another. Hope I can be that happy one day!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That's what I like so much about Brosnan. He's a loving husband and father; his family comes first!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very good to hear. Pierce is right, he can really light up the screen and get me to believe that he is truly crazy about a girl he is on screen with. Nice to know he still comes back to his wife with a smile on his face when all is said and done.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Very good to hear. Pierce is right, he can really light up the screen and get me to believe that he is truly crazy about a girl he is on screen with. Nice to know he still comes back to his wife with a smile on his face when all is said and done.
    Well said! I was just thinking the same thing. That's one thing I think he has over the other Bonds, he seems like he truly cares for the women he's with.
    Pierce takes a lot of heat on our forums but one cannot attack the man on his private life. Connery, a god though he is, never struck me as such a caring husband.
  • Pierce takes a lot of heat on our forums but one cannot attack the man on his private life. Connery, a god though he is, never struck me as such a caring husband.
    same thing goes for moore, as much of a nice guy as he is, hes been married about 3 or 4 times.

brosnan has been married twice but only because his first wife died (she was in one of the moore films i think)
    Pierce takes a lot of heat on our forums but one cannot attack the man on his private life. Connery, a god though he is, never struck me as such a caring husband.
    same thing goes for moore, as much of a nice guy as he is, hes been married about 3 or 4 times.

brosnan has been married twice but only because his first wife died (she was in one of the moore films i think)
    Her name was Cassandra Harris. Pierce lost her to cancer. She performed the part of Lisl in For Your Eyes Only. Brosnan visited her on the set and seeing Brosnan gave Cubby Broccoli the idea to cast him as Bond for TLD, which we know ultimately didn't happen, but never say never...

• Pierce takes a lot of heat on our forums but one cannot attack the man on his private life. Connery, a god though he is, never struck me as such a caring husband.

Her name was Cassandra Harris. Pierce lost her to cancer. She performed the part of Lisl in For Your Eyes Only. Brosnan visited her on the set and seeing Brosnan gave Cubby Broccoli the idea to cast him as Bond for TLD, which we know ultimately didn't happen, but never say never...

Funny tidbit: Brosnan couldn't get the part in TLD because of his contract obligations to the show Remington Steele, so Broccoli had to hire Dalton instead. Unfortunately, the show was finished during the post-production of TLD/pre-proudction of LTK period, and since Dalton stuck as a decent Bond, Brosnan had to wait nearly 8 years before he got another chance.