'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    ohfilms1 wrote: »
    GIGANTIC Doctor Who news coming very very soon.
    Did they find tons of Missing Episodes? Announcing an Eighth Doctor miniseries? (PLEASE BBC!) What could it be?!?

New companion? But i'm getting more of a fan-gasamy vibe, so i'd guess it's missing episodes.
    A spin off about Coal Hill School. THAT IS A HORRIBLE IDEA. Congrats BBC, you've disappointed everyone!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/953c5b1f-3cc8-4db9-8184-f1b6567260f1
  • Oh jeez, is that a joke? Coal Hill was the most annoying part about last season.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, Bad Idea. :(
    Of all the things the BBC could do, they make a Doctor Who spin off about a school. A SCHOOL.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That's their big announcement?

deflated-balloon-628x363-628x330.jpg?4da5f7
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I hate kids in Doctor Who.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I may be wrong but I think I saw that it's to be written by Patrick Ness. That's interesting - he was responsible for the Chaos Walking trilogy of books, which were simply fantastic.
    I've an idea this will be a one series outing. :(
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 5,815
    bastard private collectors.
    "Under the Lake" :

Now, that's what I call a cliffhanger !
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    That was a great episode, can't wait to find out what happens @-)
  • Great episode. I can't believe no one's mentioned the Shirley Bassey reference yet. I laughed so hard at that one! B-)
    Yes, very funny line. :)) and good spooky episode.
    jackdagger wrote: »
    Great episode. I can't believe no one's mentioned the Shirley Bassey reference yet. I laughed so hard at that one! B-)

I'm afraid I didn't quite get it. Could you please repeat it ? (sometimes, it helps having subtitles. Which I unfortunately can't have on Filmon).

And is it me or : The Doctor looked a bit like Gibbs, especially when he was talking to the corporate guy ? and didn't Clara strike you as somewhat addicted to danger ? I fear for her, really.

• edited October 2015 Posts: 498
    Here's the line:
    When the Doctor is getting all excited and going giddy over the ghosts, he says something like, "calm down. You were like this when you met Shirley Bassey."
    I always have to watch Doctor Who with subtitles. I'm American and kind of hard of hearing, so when people with accents talk fast I miss way too much. XD

And yeah, I worry for Clara too....

Well, I can understand that. I would be just like him. She's a legend, after all.
    Under The Lake was a vast improvement over The Magician's Apprentice / The Witches Familliar. Due to the base under siege setting, this one gave of a Troughton-esque feel. As with last years Flatline, Under The Lake was horror for all the family, and we still have the 2nd part to go.

I've seen no one mention it, but did anyone else like the Doctors little cue cards?
    Yes, especially the one about Aberdeen. Nice call back.
    Great episode and cliffhanger! Love the humour, the Bassey line and when he was reading from the card Clara gave him! :))
    Cover art and details for TUM:

underwater_menace_large.jpg

Special Features:

- Commentary with Patrick Troughton’s son Michael (Episode 1), actors Anneke Wills (Polly), Frazer Hines (Jamie), Catherine Howe (Ara), Special Sounds Supervisor Brian Hodgson and Floor Assistant Quentin Mann (Episodes 2 & 3), and archival material from Patrick Troughton, Directors Julia Smith and Hugh David, and Producer Innes Lloyd. (Episode 4). Moderated by Toby Hadoke
    - A Fishy Tale Anneke Wills, Frazer Hines, Catherine Howe, Assistant Floor Manager Gareth Gwelan, Production Assistant Berry Butler and writer Robert Shearman look back at the making of this controversial story. Narrated by Peter Davison.
    - The Television Centre of the Universe – Part Two
    - Programme Subtitles
    - Photo Gallery
    - Digitally remastered picture & sound quality
    And here's the first Lego set :

lego-2015-set-official-1-570x474.jpg

Due in december, in time for Christmas.

doctorwhotv.co.uk/official-lego-doctor-who-set-pics-details-76709.htm
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Cover art and details for TUM:

underwater_menace_large.jpg

Special Features:

- Commentary with Patrick Troughton’s son Michael (Episode 1), actors Anneke Wills (Polly), Frazer Hines (Jamie), Catherine Howe (Ara), Special Sounds Supervisor Brian Hodgson and Floor Assistant Quentin Mann (Episodes 2 & 3), and archival material from Patrick Troughton, Directors Julia Smith and Hugh David, and Producer Innes Lloyd. (Episode 4). Moderated by Toby Hadoke
    - A Fishy Tale Anneke Wills, Frazer Hines, Catherine Howe, Assistant Floor Manager Gareth Gwelan, Production Assistant Berry Butler and writer Robert Shearman look back at the making of this controversial story. Narrated by Peter Davison.
    - The Television Centre of the Universe – Part Two
    - Programme Subtitles
    - Photo Gallery
    - Digitally remastered picture & sound quality

Got mine on pre-order. Shame it's not Fury From The Deep, but any Troughton story is worth having!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Watched the latest episode last night - excellent stuff. Creepy and a great cliffhanger and loved the lines about Shirley Bassey and The Doctor's little cue cards. Can't wait for the second part on Saturday.
    Gerard wrote: »
    And here's the first Lego set :

lego-2015-set-official-1-570x474.jpg

Due in december, in time for Christmas.

doctorwhotv.co.uk/official-lego-doctor-who-set-pics-details-76709.htm

Their really isn't anything that LEGO cannot do! =D>
  • I WANT THAT LEGO SET.
    You're never too old for Legos... right?
    A shout-out that I didn't see (I learned about it thans to doctorwhotv.co.uk). Look at the sailors on the painting behind the Doctor :

under-the-lake-capaldi-sea-monster-mural.jpg

And then look at the number on this picture :

under-the-lake-1701.jpg

Nice tribute, don't you think ?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 13,894
    Radio Times gave away a spoiler, then backtracked:
    Tonight's ep has a different theme arrangement, but it wasn't made clear if it's a one-of or if it will be used for the remainder of the series.

Also, Enemy Of The World and The Web Of Fear are getting audio commentaries:
    http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2015/10/troughton-commentaries-091015230008.html

They'll be issued in CD and downloadable formats, to be played alongside the episodes.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Another great episode! This is shaping up to be an amazing season :D