'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah it definitely works for me.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    mtm wrote: »
    It makes me hope his TARDIS is quite warm and cozy with orange lighting and wood.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Suit and boots are ok, the top is a bit bright for me. it's better than Jodie's outfit (not difficult).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,327

Gallifreyian Rings interesting.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2022 Posts: 14,948
    Denbigh wrote: »
    It makes me hope his TARDIS is quite warm and cozy with orange lighting and wood.

It doesn't look like it will be! :)

If you'd like a hint, here's a fan's renders based on how the leaked video of the TARDIS interior showed it - don't click if you want to stay unspoiled! :)
    Suit and boots are ok, the top is a bit bright for me. it's better than Jodie's outfit (not difficult).

I think a bit of madness is needed in a Doctor's outfit, I like the orange top. Agreed that it's better than her outfit and that it was terrible, I honestly thought she just looked stupid in it. This, and the 14th Doctor's outfit, are a return to how they should be. Eccentric, not overdesigned, and with a slight hint of making them actually look good.
    The video I just posted above looking at what the companion is wearing I get why they chose the Bright orange top. It's clear they are trying to appeal to a younger audience.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2022 Posts: 5,869
    If you'd like a hint, here's a fan's renders based on how the leaked video of the TARDIS interior showed it - don't click if you want to stay unspoiled! :)
    It makes me hope his TARDIS is quite warm and cozy with orange lighting and wood.[/quote]
    Oh ok I'm not too keen on that tbh, I think I preferred the more understated interiors. Could this be the TARDIS interiors for Tennant only?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    We don’t know, but I would guess they’re probably both using the same TARDIS. Feels a bit of an effort to build two.
    The video I just posted above looking at what the companion is wearing I get why they chose the Bright orange top. It's clear they are trying to appeal to a younger audience.

Well it’s for kids! But I don’t think an orange jumper is a sign of that.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's distinctive, practical and Doctor-ish. Not so sure about the colours, maybe the jumper in a dark red would have been better (imo), but if he can pull that look off, who am I to say. Let's not forget that Smith had a purple outfit by the end of his run, and that's my favourite look of his.

Only one Tardis has been leaked, and they are already filing the new series. Doesn't mean that there won't be two Tardis' console rooms built, but I think there will be one built, with some subtle changes, like the 1963-89 console room(s).
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    I liked it when the Doctor looked like a u-boat captain...
    At least, we avoided the Sixth Doctor's jacket ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2022 Posts: 13,894
    I couldn't remember if I had ever watched the special edition cut of The Curse Of Fenric. So I watched it earlier. I wish they had kept that cut material in the original 4 part story, but I understand that there was too much material for a 4 parter, and not enough to make it a 5 part story.

I had to put captions on, he says 'Worldwide Premiere'
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,327

Looks great, glad they are carrying through a story arc.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 13,894
    What intrigues me most about that clip, is the small snippet of Ncuti. Unless that is his post regeneration scene. Looks very dramatic whatever the context.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well he’s wearing Tennant’s costume so I guess it’s not long after.
    Maybe it's not that straight forward, maybe Ncuti turns up before the regeneration.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I personally am loving what I'm seeing so far.

While it's hard to say what the future of Doctor Who will be but if we can get the writing of earlier seasons with the production value and more cinematic elements of the newer seasons, like the trailer hints, I'll be very happy indeed.
    Nice pic of the new Doctor.

FkMzKhzXEAAl25y?format=jpg&name=large
    I giving him a chance. No more women on the time & Space traveling role as the Doctor again. Also I won't let this happen to James Bond or The Saint
    Two lost stories will be animated and released this year.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/lost-doctor-who-episodes-brought-28859152

I would rather an unreleased story in place of Underwater Menace (how about The Wheel In Space?) this time around, but I know that I will end up double dipping for the Special Edition.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Colourised episodes should be fun too; it felt like it was on the cards so I wasn't too surprised to see it rumoured there. Apparently that journo has good contacts for these Who stories.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 23,327

I would rather an unreleased story in place of Underwater Menace (how about The Wheel In Space?) this time around, but I know that I will end up double dipping for the Special Edition.

I was wondering if it was at all possible to rebuild the Celestial Toymaker story recently, I am not sure how much of the episodes they have to work with.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 13,894

I was wondering if it was at all possible to rebuild the Celestial Toymaker story recently, I am not sure how much of the episodes they have to work with.

I don't see why not. Power Of The Daleks, Fury From The Deep and The Macra Terror are all completely missing, and had fully animated releases. They are the worst case scenarios. The Celestial Toymaker has 3 of its 4 episodes missing.

323581133_1795228610856420_4593369052120919366_n.jpg?stp=cp0_dst-jpg_e15_q65_s1080x2048&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=d5oo5OFfGnAAX8AGmBC&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfDpNWvnclrk9dbGPkntp2Si0jh3j7VfPlI5I9umwnZQ1w&oe=63B8C89F

hqdefault.jpg

The Albion logo and the logo on John Saxons mask look quite similar.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2023 Posts: 5,869
    I'm definitely intrigued :)
    I have to say I'm incredibly positive about the future of Doctor Who.
    I'm definitely intrigued :)
    I have to say I'm incredibly positive about the future of Doctor Who.

Totally agree there was very little mystery in the Chibnall era it was all surface not much depth.
    Chibnall couldn't ran a bath. How anyone thought that he could run Doctor Who, with any competency, boggles the mind. Thankfully, he's gone.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes I do kind of feel like Dr Who has been off air since 2017 but is back later this year.