What would you do... with 162 million euros ??

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited September 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 15,686
A man from France has won the EuroMillion, cashing in 162 million euros...

What would you do with such money ?

Keep in mind - if you put it all at the bank, the interest rate will get you 420,000 more euros every month !

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Ok, wow, it drives me crazy just thinking about it! :P

However, without spending it all, I'd for starters:

* purchase a cinema complex so that as the owner, I can walk in any time of the day, book a screen for myself and have some fun;

* dive into Amazon's stores and finally purchase desirable material that I consider unethically expensive at this moment;

* visit certain restaurants more often (good food is one of my vices!).

I wouldn't buy expensive cars, houses or yachts however. Not my ambition...

And now I need to cool down and remember I don't have 162 million euros... ;;).
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 7,567
    I would buy a couple of holiday homes in carefully selected locations.
    I would buy an Aston Martin and my wife the car of her choice.
    I would give a few mill to close friends and family.
    I would move house.

I would invest what was left and live off the interest.
    dunno maybe build a video game company that devloped awesome spy games then buy the 007 licence so i can create awesome 007 games!
    Buy a Formula 1 team.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Buy a Formula 1 team.
    You could afford HRT... That's about it...

I would hire Christopher Nolan to direct a Bond film for me.
    Panchio I'll rescore Inception for half that amount
    You could afford HRT... That's about it...
    Nope. My plan would be to make a donation (of sorts) to Renault F1. Internally, they're a mess. So my money would clear up all their financial woes, reset the board and enable Renault themselves to buy the team back.
    Prove that enough money makes me very happy.
    Marry a Baroness :)
  • Probably, since i am hugely interested (And have been for almost 6 years now); buy great filming equipment, hire some people (Writers/Actors etc.) and other stuff for filming, so that i can make greater films.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Double posted
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 1,497
    I would buy a couple of holiday homes in carefully selected locations.
    I would buy an Aston Martin and my wife the car of her choice.
    I would give a few mill to close friends and family.
    I would move house.

I would invest what was left and live off the interest.
    Nice list there NicNac. I might have to borrow that idea. To your first point, I'd say a rotating chalet in the Swiss Alps, an estate in Jamaica, a pad in the Bahamas, and flat off King's Road in Chelsea ought to do.

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Build that ice palace I've always wanted.
  • never been one for a rich lifestyle, too many people are motivated by avarice and greed these days

That obscene amount of money highlighted here would be a major issue for me, I'd be content with $100,000 really.

I'm in a reasonable condition and would much rather have my health and well being than any ridiculous amounts of fortune.

as they say, 'money can't buy you everything'

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,882
    I'd start by giving several million each to my parents and my brother. With what I would have left, I would set up my own production company starting with (shameless plug incoming):

http://www.listal.com/list/danger-girl

:-"
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Nice 'un Major! If I got that kind of money, i'd back you up any day!

Anyway, I'd buy a Croatian Island, a house in the carribian and one in New Zealand. Then I'd finally get my license and buy a Sleicher ASW 29 or similar:
    An Aston DBS (1969 edition) with spoke wheels.

Oh, and expand my own company into a million dollar industry of course ;)
  • Refurbish the whole of my cricket club: new equipment, new nets, a new pavilion, etc etc. It's looking a bit run down and the changing rooms are famed as being the worst in the county :P

After that...hmmm...a nice car, a big house, and live off the interest from the rest in the bank :D