• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • AWMAWM
  • AWMAWM
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    By my estimation, Guthrie Govan is the greatest electric guitar player, ever.

Apparently he sat down and banged this out in one take. 10/10 musicality, 10/10 technicality.
    If you haven't checked out his stuff I definitely recommend it.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112d6f45e2ecb756e031e63bad61bc9e4825e26909&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited September 2022 Posts: 2,161
    I'm going through a concert blizzard. I saw a bunch of shows over the past two-months and a half (ABC, Santana, Earth, Wind & Fire, Jeff Baxter, Phil Lesh, Jose' Gonzalez, George Thorogood, Sammy Hagar, Smokey Robinson, Billy Cobham), then tonight is Roger Waters, tomorrow Johnny Mathis, next Tuesday The Doobie Bros. In the coming two months: Bob Weir, Ringo Starr, The Who and maybe Jeff Beck (not if he's actually touring with Johnny Depp, as publicized, in tow, no way).
    My latest conquest is re-marathoning David Bowie. That guy made so many great songs it's absolutely ridiculous. One of my most adored musicians for sure. Tons of great albums, but my favorites in order would be The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, Hunky Dory, Station to Station, Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps), and Low.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 2,353
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'm going through a concert blizzard. I saw a bunch of shows over the past two-months and a half (ABC, Santana, Earth, Wind & Fire, Jeff Baxter, Phil Lesh, Jose' Gonzalez, George Thorogood, Sammy Hagar, Smokey Robinson, Billy Cobham), then tonight is Roger Waters, tomorrow Johnny Mathis, next Tuesday The Doobie Bros. In the coming two months: Bob Weir, Ringo Starr, The Who and maybe Jeff Beck (not if he's actually touring with Johnny Depp, as publicized, in tow, no way).

Great stuff.👍
    Where did you see those concerts ?
    Jeff Beck touring with Johnny Depp sounds bizarre.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »

Great stuff.👍
    Where did you see those concerts ?
    Jeff Beck touring with Johnny Depp sounds bizarre.

This group of shows are all in The Bay Area (Santa Cruz, San Jose, Oakland, Marin or San Francisco, or in-between).