The General Music Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Saw Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds last week and then P.J Harvey last night. Both excellent gigs. Feeling pretty spoilt to see two of my favourite artists within 6 days of each other!
    Saw Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds last week and then P.J Harvey last night. Both excellent gigs. Feeling pretty spoilt to see two of my favourite artists within 6 days of each other!

I saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in 2001. Excellent show. The man is an energy bomb.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 2,721
    Just saw Guns N Roses live...one of my fiancée's favourite bands. We both rocked out...And got the bonus of seeing them play 'Live and Let Die'! My first time seeing a major band playing a Bond song. I think I was singing louder than Axl when they played that!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Just saw Guns N Roses live...one of my fiancée's favourite bands. We both rocked out...And got the bonus of seeing them play 'Live and Let Die'! My first time seeing a major band playing a Bond song. I think I was singing louder than Axl when they played that!

Fantastic mate. My favourite band of all. How did they sound? They come to London in June but dates no bloody good for me. Gutted.

edited February 2017 Posts: 2,721

Fantastic mate. My favourite band of all. How did they sound? They come to London in June but dates no bloody good for me. Gutted.

Thanks man. Sorry you didn't get a chance to see them. They sounded great. I'm an Appetite Desturction fan so everything off that sounded awesome and they played nearly everything from it! There were a couple of bad songs off Chinese Democracy that Axl voice sounded really screechy but other than that they were great. Slash was absolutely killer - his guitar work was flawless and he played love theme to the Godfather and a soaring Wish You Were here guitar only cover. Highlights for me were 'It's So Easy', 'Live and Let Die', 'Civil War', 'Rocket Queen', 'Welcome To The Jungle' and my favourite of the night was 'You Could Be Mine' - the rhythm section in that song thumps so wickedly. They've got a drummer who is a machine. Most importantly my fiancee absolutely loved it! She'd been waiting since the 80s to see them live.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Nice to have Dave, Martin & Andy (whatever it is he does) back.

Thanks for the news. Looking good.
  • AWMAWM
    edited February 2017 Posts: 7,925
    delete.