• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

This sounds so good. :-?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

Now I've loved this band since Ten was released and stuck with them, seen them 4 times live.

Although I accepted that they were unlikely to move out of their comfort zone nearly 30 years established.

They definitely did experiment in their hey day although all 50 somethings I never expected them to surprise me like this.

This is seriously infectious and I've listened to it over 10 times since it was released earlier in the week.

God I love this song, welcome back Pearl Jam.
    Shardlake wrote: »

Now I've loved this band since Ten was released and stuck with them, seen them 4 times live.

Although I accepted that they were unlikely to move out of their comfort zone nearly 30 years established.

They definitely did experiment in their hey day although all 50 somethings I never expected them to surprise me like this.

This is seriously infectious and I've listened to it over 10 times since it was released earlier in the week.

I love this band, and I especially like the Yield album, but this song not so much. Where are the guitars? :-w
    JamesCraig wrote: »

I love this band, and I especially like the Yield album, but this song not so much. Where are the guitars? :-w

Mike McCready is killing it in this tune, if you can't embrace that they'd do something like this in their 50's.

I'll buy whatever they release but this really is for me and other fans I've spoken to something special.

Sorry you can't hear what I hear I think it is incredible and the new album should be their best since possibly Yield, incidentally my 2nd fav PJ album after Vs.

Ten to Yield will always be their best period, I didn't mind Backspacer & Lightening Bolt but they didn't set me on fire like those earlier albums but listening to this new track I think they could possibly blow my mind again.

Mike McCready is killing it in this tune, if you can't embrace that they'd do something like this in their 50's.

I'll buy whatever they release but this really is for me and other fans I've spoken to something special.

Sorry you can't hear what I hear I think it is incredible and the new album should be their best since possibly Yield, incidentally my 2nd fav PJ album after Vs.

Ten to Yield will always be their best period, I didn't mind Backspacer & Lightening Bolt but they didn't set me on fire like those earlier albums but listening to this new track I think they could possibly blow my mind again.

At least we agree on Yield. I think it's their rawest album.

You'll be happy to hear my friend per the interview below with Stone Gossard that Gigaton will have some straight up rock songs, I'm very excited to hear whatever. The band are working with a new producer and even if they deliver some the usual fare that aspect should hopefully give it a fresher sound.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/stone-gossard-new-pearl-jam-album-gigaton-interview-941896/
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,497

You'll be happy to hear my friend per the interview below with Stone Gossard that Gigaton will have some straight up rock songs, I'm very excited to hear whatever. The band are working with a new producer and even if they deliver some the usual fare that aspect should hopefully give it a fresher sound.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/stone-gossard-new-pearl-jam-album-gigaton-interview-941896/

I do hope so. There aren't many albums/songs of this band that I don't like.

What do you think about the Pixies, my favourite alternative rock band ;-)

DEBASER...

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    I know that I’m giving away my age (yet again!), but today (January 26th) marks the 50th anniversary of the release of Simon and Garfunkel’s “BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER.” It was to be the duo’s final studio album.

I do hope so. There aren't many albums/songs of this band that I don't like.

What do you think about the Pixies, my favourite alternative rock band ;-)

DEBASER...

Great band great song, no Pixes no Nirvana.

This variety article might interest you.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-unveils-new-album-gigaton-1203479780/amp/

I'm still so seriously digging The Dance of the Clairvoyants, coincidentally they are saying that Gigaton is easily their strongest since Yield, so it all sounds good.

They needed to change things up it would have been a bit stale just to put out a slight progression of the last album and getting rid of Brendan Obrien appears to have been the right move, seriously can't wait and have already pre-ordered my vinyl.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Last Friday my daughter and I went to see Five Finger Death Punch and special guests Megadeth do Wembley. They were supported by a KILLER band called Bad Wolves. Can't stop listening to these fine young men.

I'm anxious to get through the rest of the Genesis albums knowing they eventually will move away from prog rock and into pop, but this song + album is excellent. Phil's debut singing was a big success IMO, and his drumming as great as ever.