MI6Community's TOP 5 Movies of 2015: you vote!

Comments

• 1) SPECTRE
    2) Creed (which actually wasn't released here until a week or two ago but I'm counting it as a 2015 film)
    3) Mad Max: Fury Road
    4) It Follows
    5) Kingsman: The Secret Service

I wasn't sure to count Hateful Eight (which I loved) or not but since it was released here in January and was only released in the US at Christmas I decided to count it as a 2016 film and give Kingsman the nod.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    1) SPECTRE
    2) Creed (which actually wasn't released here until a week or two ago but I'm counting it as a 2015 film)
    4) It Follows

I wasn't sure to count Hateful Eight (which I loved) or not but since it was released here in January and was only released in the US at Christmas I decided to count it as a 2016 film and give Kingsman the nod.
    Damn, I forgot Creed.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 12,837
    jake24 wrote: »
    1) SPECTRE
    4) It Follows

Damn, I forgot Creed.

I felt bad when I saw it because of how skeptical I'd been. Rocky is my favourite film of all time. I grew up watching them like I did Bond, the franchise is very close to my heart so I thought a contrived sounding spin off after the great ending that Rocky Balboa gave to the franchise would ruin the series' legacy.

Couldn't have been more wrong. An amazing film that managed to stand on it's own two feet while still paying respect to the Rocky films. Brilliantly written, shot, directed and acted. Just a really well put together film. Micheal B Jordan and Tessa Thompson were incredible and Stallone gave his best performance since Rocky Balboa but honestly I haven't been this impressed with him since First Blood. A few members on here will remember what a big fan of his I am (he's my favourite actor) and I'll be thrilled if he wins the Oscar. It'd be well deserved.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,470
    I'll go ahead and put mine up, I really don't see anything else from 2015 changing my list up drastically, especially my Top 5:

1.) 'Mad Max: Fury Road' 5
    2.) 'The Hateful Eight' 4
    3.) 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' 3
    4.) 'Spectre' 2
    5.) 'Beasts of No Nation' 1

Honorable Mentions: 'Sicario,' 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation,' 'The Revenant,' 'Creed,' and 'Ex Machina.'
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I guess it's time for me to wrap this thing up so if anyone has any more films to add to the list, now is your last chance. :-)

Thanks in advance.

I think this thread can stay without us voting on it after you 'wrap it up', it can be just people sharing their favorite movies :)
    1. SPOTLIGHT
    2. EX MACHINA
    3. THE MARTIAN
    4. SPECTRE
    5. THE REVENANT
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @dragonsky, good idea, sir. The thread remains alive and I'll deliver the results as soon as I can. ;-)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Having seen some of the later releases, I have edited my list on pg 1 to insert The Revenant and move up The Martian.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 832
    Just based on what ive seen:

1. The martian
    2. Mad max fury road
    3. Mission impossible rouge nation
    4. Ex machina
    5. Star wars tfa

And a very very close 6th: spectre

(I really hate to do this, as I really enjoyed spectre and think its a great entry into the canon and just got it on digital hd and also will be adding to my blu ray collection. Thing is although they are similar quality I just dont feel justified in ranking it over star wars this year, as that movie was a little better writtenand more memorable. spectre is great, just not top 5 for this year unfortunately. Spectre was certainly better than kingsman, jw, uncle, and avengers, all of which I enjoyed.)
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Just based on what ive seen:

1. The martian
    2. Mad max fury road
    3. Mission impossible rouge nation
    4. Ex machina
    5. Star wars tfa

And a very very close 6th: spectre

(I really hate to do this, as I really enjoyed spectre and think its a great entry into the canon and just got it on digital hd and also will be adding to my blu ray collection. Thing is although they are similar quality I just dont feel justified in ranking it over star wars this year, as that movie was a little better writtenand more memorable. spectre is great, just not top 5 for this year unfortunately. Spectre was certainly better than kingsman, jw, uncle, and avengers, all of which I enjoyed.)

Nice picks we share 4 of them :)
    Pity there's little love for "Spotlight" :-).
    Pity there's little love for "Spotlight" :-).

I haven't seen many people talk about seeing it, including myself. One of the last few I need to see, along with 'The Big Short' and 'Carol.' I don't think they'll change my Top 5, though, but we'll see.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Never heard of it. It isn t in the spotlight I guess.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I've seen it. It's not bad. I enjoyed it, but there was something a bit deja vu about it. I'm not sure what it was. Perhaps because Rachel McAdams has already played an intrepid reporter in State of Play or because Mark Ruffalo has already played an investigative type in Zodiac (so it might have been casting). Or because the scenario has been covered before in other films (like Sleepers).

Still, it was a good film and I do recommend it. Just not my top 5.
    While I haven't seen it yet, another take on a story like this (though it's not really a biopic, and it doesn't involve investigative journalism) that I loved was 'Doubt.' Hoffman, Streep, and Adams play off one another very well in it.
    The minute I get the chance, I'm gonna watch Spotlight. @Gustav_Graves is right, I think it's going to be great. Just look at the cast! It's got Michael Keaton, Marc Ruffalo, ...
    1. Mad Max: Fury Road
    2. Ex Machina
    3. The Martian
    4. Kingsman: The Secret Service
    5. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Still have to see: The Revenant, The Hateful 8, The Big Short, Creed, Room, Spotlight, and Carol

Finally finished all the movies on my 2015 list.

Top 10

1. Mad Max: Fury Road
    2. Ex Machina
    3. Creed
    4. The Martian
    5. The Revenant
    6. Kingsman: The Secret Service
    7. Mission: Impossible – Rouge Nation
    8. The Big Short
    9. Dope
    10. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I guess it's time for me to wrap this thing up so if anyone has any more films to add to the list, now is your last chance. :-)

Thanks in advance.

When did you say you was wrapping up? ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    1 SPECTRE
    2 MAD MAX FURY ROAD
    3 THE MARTIAN
    4 CREED
    5 THE SECOND BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL
    Sorry folks, I will finish this soon. ;-)
  • It's hard for me to make a specific top 5 list, but I think I can say with some confidence that Spectre will not be on there. It's an honorable mention at best.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,544
    And here we go, ladies and gents! Based on 25 participants and 375 votes:

RESULTS
    1) Spectre
    16.5% (16 times mentioned)

2) The Force Awakens
    14.9% (15 times mentioned)

3) Mad Max Fury Road
    10.4% (12 times mentioned)

4) Rogue Nation
    9.6% (12 times mentioned)

5) The Martian
    6.1% (7 times mentioned)

6) The Imitation Game
    4.5% (6 times mentioned)

7) Ex Machina
    3.4% (4 times mentioned)

8) Sicario
    3.2% (3 times mentioned)

9) Jurassic World
    2.4 % (4 times mentioned)

10) Kingsman The Secret Service
    2.1% (4 times mentioned)

The remaining 26.9% is spread over 34 other movies.
    And here we go, ladies and gents! Based on 25 participants and 375 votes:

RESULTS
    1) Spectre
    16.5% (16 times mentioned)

2) The Force Awakens
    14.9% (15 times mentioned)

3) Mad Max Fury Road
    10.4% (12 times mentioned)

4) Rogue Nation
    9.6% (12 times mentioned)

5) The Martian
    6.1% (7 times mentioned)

6) The Imitation Game
    4.5% (6 times mentioned)

7) Ex Machina
    3.4% (4 times mentioned)

8) Sicario
    3.2% (3 times mentioned)

9) Jurassic World
    2.4 % (4 times mentioned)

10) Kingsman The Secret Service
    2.1% (4 times mentioned)

The remaining 26.9% is spread over 34 other movies.

Nice list, i liked all those films!

So did I. :) I'm a trifle saddened perhaps that Kingsman finished below JW, but as we can see, that difference is marginal at best.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Something tells me there could be a lot of superhero movies in this year's edition when you do the top movies at the end of the year, @DarthDimi. ;)
    1. Sicario (5 pts)
    2. Far From the Madding Crowd (4pts)
    3. Spectre (3pts)
    4. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2pts)
    5. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (1pt)
    @DaltonCraig007, I have a feeling Cap 3, Strange, SS and X-Men are all going to be there in the top 10. :D Maybe Star Trek?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @DarthDimi very early predictions, but for me: Hardcore Henry, Civil War, Dr Strange, Apocalypse, Suicide Squad, Nice Guys, Bourne, Rogue One and (I hope) Blood Father will be in my top 10, I'm fairly sure.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    1. Star Wars The Force Awakens
    2. The Revenant
    3. Straight Outta Compton
    4. Bridge Of Spies
    5. Spectre

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Of course Star Trek Beyond will be in the Top 5 [-( it's natural law.